Windows 10: Windows 10 won't accept password at login

Discus and support Windows 10 won't accept password at login in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; When I tried turning on my desktop earlier today I was unable to login. It keeps saying my password is incorrect. Then it tells me i can reset at... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by TabathaJones2, May 25, 2019.

1. Windows 10 won't accept password at login

When I tried turning on my desktop earlier today I was unable to login. It keeps saying my password is incorrect. Then it tells me i can reset at account.live.com/password/reset . It still didn't work. I've been searching around the internet all day and i still can't seem to find a solution. Some people seem to be able to change their keyboard language with a small icon in the corner. There is no such icon for me.(i also trieduse the on screen key board and the eye icon so

i know my password's right.) I've also tried booting in safe mode but it still won't accept my password. I use a wired internet connection. I've tried booting with and without the internet. In everycase its the same.

I never had a windows 10 disk. I download it an an upgrade to windows 8.

The only option I haven't tried is a complete reinstall of the operating system. I have a lot custom made files that I don't have backed up anywhere else. Reseting the entire system really isn't an option if I'll lose all my programs. The weird part is the password works on my other devises when signing into my microsoft account.

this is my first time posting here. I nomally wouldn't post anything but I couldn't find any answers for an answer. Right now I have to post from a phone.

right now i'm posting from a phone.

:)

TabathaJones2, May 25, 2019
  2. Doug399 Win User

After Windows 10 update, signin screen won`t accept my pssword.

Sign-in screen won`t take my password after Windows 10 update on a new HP laptop. I had setup a pin login but now asks for Microsoft password which I wrote down and have used before but will not accept now.

Doug991

Doug399, May 25, 2019
  3. Changed my Microsoft account password but windows login keeps accepting old password

Hi,

I have a Microsoft account (to be specific, it's a Passport account. I created it with a gmail account) and I recently changed my password and activated two-step verification with Microsoft Authenticator app.

The new password works perfectly in any web page, but doesn´t work when I try to login in my notebook. Windows login keeps accepting old password, and doesn´t accept the new one.

Am I doing something wrong or this is some kind of bug?

Thanks.

Axel Salomon, May 25, 2019
  4. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 won't accept password at login

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, May 25, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 won't accept password at login

1. Windows 10 won't accept password at login - Similar Threads - won't accept password

2. Windows 10 not accepting login password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 not accepting login password: Hoping someone can help. Installed the latest update but since then I cannot gain access to my PC. on startup I get a loading screen saying 'preparing automatic repair' it then goes to a blue screen with automatic repair stating that my PC did not start correctly. The only...
  3. Windows 10 not accepting login password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 not accepting login password: Hoping someone can help. Installed the latest update but since then I cannot gain access to my PC. on startup I get a loading screen saying 'preparing automatic repair' it then goes to a blue screen with automatic repair stating that my PC did not start correctly. The only...
  4. Windows 10 not accepting login password

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows won't accept password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows won't accept password: My laptop encountered an error and I've been in a bit of a loop with the recovery part e.i. restarting and ending up with the error and then being told automatic repair can't fix the issue. Every attempt I've made to use things like command prompt and stuff like the reset...
  6. Windows won't accept password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows won't accept password: My laptop encountered an error and I've been in a bit of a loop with the recovery part e.i. restarting and ending up with the error and then being told automatic repair can't fix the issue. Every attempt I've made to use things like command prompt and stuff like the reset...
  7. Windows won't accept password

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. HP Windows 10 will not accept password or login

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    HP Windows 10 will not accept password or login: Hello. This notebook is 13 months old and is in good condition. I've had no problems with it until now. I turn it off each night and back on in the morning. I log in using a PIN. This morning it would not accept my PIN nor would it allow me to Reset it. It will also not...
  9. Can't login to Windows - won't accept password, changed password, etc

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can't login to Windows - won't accept password, changed password, etc: I can't log in to Windows. At all. I was following some instructions, and disabled all Startup items. As instructed. Now, I'm locked out of Windows. It won't recognize the new password. I can't repair. It asks for a password. I can't reset. It asks for a password. I...
  10. Laptop Login won't accept correct password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Laptop Login won't accept correct password: I'm currently logged in as a local user. When I try to switch my login to use my Microsoft Account it won't accept my password even though I am able to login into my Microsoft account with that password. I've tried changing password and restarting, still not working. Using...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 wont accept my login password

2. windows not accepting password one last time

3. windows 10 wont accept password at login

4. windows 10 wont accept password