Windows 10: Windows 10 won't activate after hardware change

Discus and support Windows 10 won't activate after hardware change in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; After buying a new motherboard, cpu and ram and struggling to get it set up on windows 7 not realizing that it wouldn't run the 3.2 USB ports I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by ConnorB_574, Apr 27, 2020.

1. Windows 10 won't activate after hardware change

After buying a new motherboard, cpu and ram and struggling to get it set up on windows 7 not realizing that it wouldn't run the 3.2 USB ports I eventually tried upgrading to Windows 10. The upgrade wouldn't work for some reason, so after more fighting with it to format my SSD and finally install the newly bought Windows 10 on my old board I promptly changed over to the new one. Now on my new setup Windows will not activate saying the key was used on another device.

How can I fix this issue and get it to activate on this new hardware.

:)

ConnorB_574, Apr 27, 2020

2. Activate Windows 10 after a hardware change !

Hi !

I ve just did a hardware change and I reactivated Windows 10 using the Microsoft account ! But I see that Windows 10 still activates on my old hardware !

I was expecting that It won t activate any more on the old hardware ! Can anyone help me ?

102a06fe-59f5-49ec-97a9-adf0bde4606f, Apr 27, 2020
  3. HAT
    hat Win User
    windows activation—hardware changed siginficantly

From time to time on my thoroughbred PC, I get a Windows activation message that says my hardware changed siginificantly and I have to re-activate Windows. My hardware hasn't changed any more than a network card (went from a wireless g card to onboard lan to a wired network card), and the install is legit. Why is it doing this, and how can I stop it?

4. Nikhar_K Win User

Windows 10 won't activate after hardware change

Unable to activate Windows after hardware change

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Usually the error code 0xC004F213 comes when there is a hardware change done on the computer (like Motherboard or Hard drive). The Windows license is associated with the device hardware. If there is any significant hardware changes, such as replacing
    motherboard or hard drive, Windows won’t be able to recognize the license.

I suggest you to try the troubleshooting steps from the article
    Reactivating Windows 10 after a hardware change
    and see if Windows gets activated.

If you are using an OEM computer that came with Windows 7, and the motherboard has not been changed, then you can follow the steps to retrieve the product key that came with your OEM computer. To retrieve the product key follow the steps mentioned
    below:

1. Type Command prompt in the search bar, that is on the taskbar.
    2. Right click on Command prompt icon and select Run as administrator.
    3. Type the command and press on Enter: wmic path SoftwareLicensingService get OA3xOriginalProductKey
    4. You will find the product key.

Hope it helps.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Apr 27, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 won't activate after hardware change

1. Windows 10 won't activate after hardware change - Similar Threads - won't activate hardware

2. Windows 10 - Hardware change but won't activate again

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 - Hardware change but won't activate again: I am having major issues and would like to know if someone can help me as Microsoft doesn't seem to care.I've completely changed hardware/formatted SSD and reinstalled Windows, but whenever I try to activate it by using my MS account that has the license attached to it, it...
  3. Windows 10 - Hardware change but won't activate again

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 - Hardware change but won't activate again: I am having major issues and would like to know if someone can help me as Microsoft doesn't seem to care.I've completely changed hardware/formatted SSD and reinstalled Windows, but whenever I try to activate it by using my MS account that has the license attached to it, it...
  4. Windows 10 - Hardware change but won't activate again

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  5. Windows 10 won't activate after hardware change

Windows 10 won't activate after hardware change: I recently did a full hardware change on my computer except for my hard drive, and Windows 10 says it is not activated. I got this computer over 5 years ago and upgraded to Windows 10 when it was available. Is there a way to fix this?...
  6. Windows won't re-activate after a hardware change

Windows won't re-activate after a hardware change: I recently had to put my hard drive in another computer for maintenance purposes, and when I put my hard drive back in the original laptop, windows is deactivated. I used command prompt to find my original product key and tried entering it in, and it gave me the opportunity...
  7. Windows 10 pro won't activate after a hardware change.

Windows 10 pro won't activate after a hardware change.: Hello all. Recently my motherboard died and I had a shop replace with a fresh board of the exact same model. After a while of using the PC again I noticed the ''activate windows 10'' watermark showed up in the corner. So I go to the security screen, troubleshoot and...
  8. Changed hardware, now windows 10 won't activate.

Changed hardware, now windows 10 won't activate.: Changed motherboard and CPU, now windows won't activate. Troubleshooting doesn't work. I have my key, but how the hell can I activate it? error: 0xC0EA000A Pro Education edition....
  9. Windows 10 Pro won't activate after Hardware change

Windows 10 Pro won't activate after Hardware change: I have changed most of the Hardware in my PC and I knew it was bound to happen that Windows is going to throw a fit I found a guide that said to just troubleshoot it and to specify that a Hardware change has happend. There is no such button for me there. [ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  10. windows won't activate after changing my hardware

windows won't activate after changing my hardware: so recently about a week ago my ram burnt because "it wasn't installed properly" despite it working properly on this system for more than 2 year, when i took it to the shop and figured out the problem and bought new ram at the store they offered to install it for free, I...