Windows 10: Windows 10 won't activate after install on Win 7 machine.

Discus and support Windows 10 won't activate after install on Win 7 machine. in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Had legit Win7 license on my PC. Bought Single use Win 10 from vendor that I have purchased from before with no issues. Have built a couple new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by LV PILOT, Jun 19, 2019.

1. LV PILOT Win User

Windows 10 won't activate after install on Win 7 machine.

Had legit Win7 license on my PC. Bought Single use Win 10 from vendor that I have purchased from before with no issues.

Have built a couple new machines this way. Both worked just fine.

Bought a third and tried to install on my Win7 machine. I did not install any new hardware, just booted from DVD drive and installed it as a clean install (not saving any old files). Runs fine but won't activate. Says I don't have a digital license. But it also says it sees a home addition and mine is Pro. Never had Win 10 home addition installed, only Win7 home. I never accepted the free Windows10 so don't know where that is coming from.

Tried to enter product key manually--no luck

Do I need to buy a new motherboard so it will think I'm building a new machine??

Is there any way to clean the machine and reinstall Win7 ??

:)

LV PILOT, Jun 19, 2019

2. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Jun 27, 2019
  3. silkstone Win User
    Windows 10 activation question

You get assigned a new Key in Win10 when upgrading. It looks like it might follow the same channel as your original Key. My WMC key was retail channel and my Win 10 Key shows as retail too. Hopefully that means I won;t have to worry too much when upgrading my PC.

silkstone, Jun 27, 2019
  4. rk3066 Win User

Win.10 won't boot after installing Win.7

Hi,

So i installed Win.10 via the UEFI and after installing Win.7 on Legacy Mode onto a different HDD i can't boot into Win.10 (I believe can only because Win.10 was installed via UEFI)

I tried installing the BCD Software but nope. I even tried to select my HDD but say Winload.exe error

Even tried going into the USB and try repairing but the same thing happens

rk3066, Jun 27, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 won't activate after install on Win 7 machine. - Similar Threads - won't activate install

2. Activating Windows 10 after installing it on a new machine

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activating Windows 10 after installing it on a new machine: In 2013, I bought a retail copy of Windows 8, and I installed it on a PC that I built. In 2015, I upgraded to Windows 10.In August 2021, I built a new PC. I wanted to transfer my Windows activation key from my old machine to my new machine, so I did the following: 1...
  3. Win 7 virtual machine with XP Mode on Win 10 or an XP virtual machine

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Win 7 virtual machine with XP Mode on Win 10 or an XP virtual machine: I'm up to 3 attempts at installing an XP machine on Hyper V (Windows 10 Pro), and though I can get the machine to run, I cannot find the browser I installed. Using the Hyper V tutorial, I followed carefully the points of unblocking both WindowsXPMode_en-us.exe and Opera's...
  4. Using Win 7 key in a new Win 10 install, impact on old machine

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Using Win 7 key in a new Win 10 install, impact on old machine: Googled this to death and cant find anyone asking the question . I have an existing Win 7 Ultimate computer, and I've built a new Ryzen box and installed Win 10 Pro on it . I wanted to try and use the key from Win 7 , to see if that will activate. The only concern I have...
  5. Windows 10 won't activate in Virtual Machine

Windows 10 won't activate in Virtual Machine: So I've had Windows 10 installed alongside Linux for a year now but found I use it less and less - so I've decided to move it to a VM on this year's reinstall. I've read out my product key before. Now unfortunately it seems Windows has a problem with VMs - I tried activating...
  6. Activation problem after upgrading from Win 7 to Win 10

Activation problem after upgrading from Win 7 to Win 10: When I check activation it shows "Unable to reach Windows activation servers". I have wireless connection thru router, in fact I logged into this forum and entered this post on laptop with the problem (#1 system info in profile). Any ideas? 141839
  7. Win 10 won't upgrade legal activated win 7 pro

Win 10 won't upgrade legal activated win 7 pro: Windows 10 Media-creation tool downloads and runs up until the point where it puts out a message that there is a problem with the Windows 7 product key. (sorry, I don't have the exact text at the moment) This Windows 7 Pro 64 is an unquestionably legal oem installed OS and...
  8. Win 10 Activation with Win 7 licence

Win 10 Activation with Win 7 licence: Hello, i am planning to do a clean installation of Windows 10 and activate it with the key from the COA sticker on the same pc which is currently running OEM Windows 7 Home Premium. As i understand it, the iso/esd created by the media creation tool contains both Win 10...
  9. Windows won't activate clean install after upgrade from Windows 7

Windows won't activate clean install after upgrade from Windows 7: Hi, I upgraded to Windows 10 Pro 64-bit from Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit when Windows 10 launched, then a few months later, around New Year I decided to do a clean install. I made an installation disc with the program from Microsoft's website and did the procedure, skipping...
  10. Must a clean install be on the same machine to Activate with a Win 7

Must a clean install be on the same machine to Activate with a Win 7: Must a clean install be on the same machine to Activate with a Win 7 or 8 key? 29846