Windows 10: windows 10 won't activate after pc rebuild

Discus and support windows 10 won't activate after pc rebuild in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; i recently rebuilt my PC, leaving the SSD as the only part transferred over. i knew this could mess up my activation, so i linked my windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by levi stauffer, Jul 29, 2019.

1. windows 10 won't activate after pc rebuild

i recently rebuilt my PC, leaving the SSD as the only part transferred over. i knew this could mess up my activation, so i linked my windows installation to my Microsoft account. however when i booted up the PC, it wasn't activated. i tried all of the troubleshooting tips i could find, but none worked. any help would be appreciated.

:)

levi stauffer, Jul 29, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 29, 2019
  3. kormath Win User
    Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done windows 10 won't activate after pc rebuild :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Jul 29, 2019
  4. tops Win User

windows 10 won't activate after pc rebuild

Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

Thema:

windows 10 won't activate after pc rebuild

1. windows 10 won't activate after pc rebuild - Similar Threads - won't activate rebuild

2. Rebuild Windows 10 Machine

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Rebuild Windows 10 Machine: I have a computer that upgrade from Windows 8 to Windows 10 when the free upgrade was offered. As such I do not have a Windows 10 Disk nor product code My computer has become painfully SLOW, and I want to rebuild it from scratch. How do I go about loading the OS without a...
  3. Windows 10 won't activate.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 won't activate.: When I go to activation it says I currently have Windows 10 Pro, I purchased multiple parts for a computer and built it myself, then I purchased windows 10 home and it won't allow me to activate it due to the previous version not being activated, Error code: 0x803F7001 I...
  4. Windows 10 won't activate after reset

Windows 10 won't activate after reset: Hello I had my PC built in April last year from a reputable PC builder, the build included Windows 10. It has been running perfectly but yesterday I messed up a bit, did some research and decided resetting the PC would be the best way to fix things. Everything went...
  5. Activating Windows 10 after reseting PC

Activating Windows 10 after reseting PC: A couple years ago I built my computer and bought a windows 10 key. But my SSD stopped working so I had to reset my whole computer. I no longer have the activation code and I am tired of the "Activate Windows" in the bottom right of my screen. Do I need to buy another key?...
  6. Windows 10 activation not there after rebuilding a new pc but keeping the same hard drive...

Windows 10 activation not there after rebuilding a new pc but keeping the same hard drive...: So I upgraded my pc who had windows 10 pro, after I build my new pc with the same hard drive and processor it isn't activated which is weird and I don't know what to do....
  7. Windows 10 won't activate

Windows 10 won't activate: Hello, I bought a PC 5 years ago with windows 8.1 pre installed which I upgraded later to windows 10 for free. Now my motherboard was causing me issues so i changed the motherboard and am trying to re-activate windows without success. I did some research and have a picture...
  8. Windows won't activate after its been activated for months

Windows won't activate after its been activated for months: I'm receiving error code c004c003 when my desktop has previously been activated for months. Microsoft told me that this was a known issue affecting many many people. They said to wait 24-48 hours for it to be automatically fixed. I've waited, and now my desktop won't...
  9. Windows 10 won't activate after a changed motherboard

Windows 10 won't activate after a changed motherboard: I reinstalled windows today after buying a new motherboard and processor. Windows won't activate when I select the computer I'm using...
  10. Windows 10 won't activate on my new PC

Windows 10 won't activate on my new PC: Hey all, So, I recently built a new PC. After looking online, it seemed that all I had to do to move my Windows 10 Pro license across, was to link it to my Microsoft account on my old PC, then sign in with the same account on the new PC, and viola. Well, I tried that....