Windows 10: Windows 10 wont activate after upgrading CPU & Motherboard

Discus and support Windows 10 wont activate after upgrading CPU & Motherboard in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello, I had just upgraded my PC yesterday, and now I need to re-active windows. I originally had bought a full retail version of Windows 8.1 and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by JHC86, Feb 22, 2021.

1. JHC86 Win User

Windows 10 wont activate after upgrading CPU & Motherboard

Hello,

I had just upgraded my PC yesterday, and now I need to re-active windows.

I originally had bought a full retail version of Windows 8.1 and was upgraded free to Windows 10. When I go to input my Windows 8.1 code it pops up with error code 0x803f7001 and is saying I don't have a valid digital license or product key.

Is there any way to fix this?

:)

JHC86, Feb 22, 2021
  2. K_Kang Win User

Windows activation fails after upgrading CPU and motherboard

Hello,

I get an error message trying to re-confirm Windows 10 activation after upgrading motherboard and CPU. Error message that came was: "Unable to activate Windows. We can't reactivate Windows as our servers aren't available right now. Wait for a few minutes
    or try adding your Microsoft account again. Learn more".

This is now the second day in a row that it does not work.

Have you seen the same, and if yes, any suggestions for a fix?

Background:

-I was following the process recommended by Microsoft Support for the activation after motherboard and CPU upgrade.

-Before upgrade I had perfectly activated win 10.

BR,

K_Kang, Feb 22, 2021
  3. Windows 10 and upgrading motherboard

Hi,

Thank you for bringing up your query on Microsoft Community.

The only hardware changes that can negatively impact activation status once you upgrade to free version are the changes to the:

• CPU
    • TPM
    • Motherboard replacement
    The following changes are examples of hardware changes that will NOT impact the activation status:

• HDD/SSD
    • Video card
    • Adding extra memory
    Let us follow the steps suggested by Andre Da Costa (replied
    on July 26, 2015) in the following thread:

Will Upgrading Motherboard After Upgrading To Windows 10 Make Me Lose My Windows License?

Will Upgrading Motherboard After Upgrading To Windows 10 Make Me Lose My Windows License?

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows, we are glad to assist you.

Abdul_Malik, Feb 22, 2021
  4. ZetsZets Win User

windows 10 wont activate after new motherboard and cpu install.

today i decided to install a new motherboard and cpu becuase my old motherboard stopped working and after installing windows 10 and running all the updates it wont let me activate. i get error code 0x803FA067.

ZetsZets, Feb 22, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows 10 wont activate after upgrading CPU & Motherboard - Similar Threads - wont activate upgrading

2. Activating Windows after motherboard and cpu upgrade

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activating Windows after motherboard and cpu upgrade: I just upgraded my motherboard and cpu, now windows won't let me activate. I have a digital license tied to my microsoft account but it won't let me install and activate with the new motherboard and cpu. I bought the license retail a long time ago and it was upgraded to...
  3. Activating Windows after motherboard and cpu upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Activating Windows after motherboard and cpu upgrade: I just upgraded my motherboard and cpu, now windows won't let me activate. I have a digital license tied to my microsoft account but it won't let me install and activate with the new motherboard and cpu. I bought the license retail a long time ago and it was upgraded to...
  4. Activating Windows after motherboard and cpu upgrade

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Activation problems after motherboard and cpu upgrade

Activation problems after motherboard and cpu upgrade: Can someone reset my activation key? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/activation-problems-after-motherboard-and-cpu/fbe5403c-5ed0-4dea-a7a0-de50282e0983
  6. windows 10 wont activate after motherboard change

windows 10 wont activate after motherboard change: Hello, I recently changed my cpu/motherboard from an intel i5 6600k + asus z170 motherboard to an AMD ryzen 7 + asus B550-F motherboard, and all of a sudden windows says it isn't activated. I ran through all the troubleshooters which didn't seem to help. when going...
  7. Windows 10 wont activate after motherboard upgrade

Windows 10 wont activate after motherboard upgrade: Hi, Just looking for some help as I just replaced my motherboard on my pc and now I’m being asked to re-activate my windows 10 pro.. I have tried the troubleshooter and re-entering the windows 10 product key but keep getting the activation error 0x004f074 message. Please...
  8. Motherboard Upgraded: Windows wont activate.

Motherboard Upgraded: Windows wont activate.: Upgraded to an ASUS Gaming Edge Z390, got these messages. It's a retail license, as the last screenshot shows. I've already made a thread for this, but the helpers stopped responding because I took so long.[ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  9. Activating windows 10 after motherboard upgrade

Activating windows 10 after motherboard upgrade: Having some trouble activating windows 10 after installing a new motherboard. Since I upgraded from windows 7 to 10 awhile back, I have a digital license instead of a product key. I know normally having an OEM version wouldn't allow me to have windows 10 between...
  10. windows 10 wont activate after new motherboard and cpu install.

windows 10 wont activate after new motherboard and cpu install.: today i decided to install a new motherboard and cpu becuase my old motherboard stopped working and after installing windows 10 and running all the updates it wont let me activate. i get error code 0x803FA067....