Windows 10: Windows 10 Won't Activate even though I Bought It

Discus and support Windows 10 Won't Activate even though I Bought It in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; 8 years ago I bought a PC with Windows 7 Installed in it and it gave me 0 problems. After changing almost every single component of the pc and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Trunksgs, Sep 20, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Won't Activate even though I Bought It

8 years ago I bought a PC with Windows 7 Installed in it and it gave me 0 problems. After changing almost every single component of the pc and surviving a lot of virus because of some downloads I did when I was 12, now I'm at Windows 10, but it says I have to activate it, I have the key of my Windows, but then it doesn't let me activate it.

The Error is 0xc004f074.

You probably have read a lot of people having this problem but I have seen 10 different videos with 10 different ways of making Windows work. I've read that you had to do some things with cmd and I've tried a lot and it keeps saying that I have that error.

I called Windows support and the only thing they told me is to talk with the person who sold me the pc. But I don't even know what that means, like talking to that person after 8 years will solve anything.

I do not know how to activate my LEGAL copy of Windows and it's frustrating.

Does anybody know what to do in my case?

Should I format my pc or would that not solve anything in this case?

Do I have to buy another license?

Do I have to delete windows and reinstalling it?

Does my pc have a virus of some sort?

I'm hearing y'all and thanks for reading me, appreciate every single comment.

submitted by /u/Trunksgs
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Trunksgs, Sep 20, 2020
  2. tops Win User

Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

3. cortana won`t talk to me

Hi Steven,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

It's unfortunate that you are facing this issue. Let me assist you to resolve the issue.

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down the issue and to provide you better assistance.

• Check and verify if Cortana is activated?
    • Does Cortana search and gives any output/result on screen?
    • Is the Language and region settings set to valid value?
    • Check and verify if Cortana available in your region?
    Method 1:

I suggest you to try to turn Cortana off and then try turning it on back and check if she talks. Refer to the steps below to turn Off and On Cortana:

• Open Cortana.
    • Click the hamburger button in the top left of the window.
    • Go to Settings and click on off.
    • Follow the same steps to turn it on.
    • Check if issue persists.
    I would suggest you to refer to the article given below and check if that helps.

Cortana & search

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/cortana-search

Hope this information helps, let us know the status of the issue

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Sep 20, 2020
  4. Windows 10 Won't Activate even though I Bought It

windows 10 apps won,t open

Hi Robert,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We appreciate you for trying the troubleshooting steps.

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Run Windows app troubleshooter.

Refer to the below link:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Step 2: Run shell commands for Windows store and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Command prompt(Admin)
      to open elevated Command prompt.

• Type the following commands.

powershell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $Env:SystemRoot\WinStore\AppxManifest.xml

• Hit enter, the blackscreen will appear still for a couple of seconds. After a couple of second a new line saying C:\.... will appear.

• Close Command Prompt.

• Try to start the Windows Store again.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Sep 20, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Won't Activate even though I Bought It

1. Windows 10 Won't Activate even though I Bought It - Similar Threads - Won't Activate though

2. I bought windows 10 but it won't let me activate

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I bought windows 10 but it won't let me activate: After purchasing I have updated it right away. I don't know why authentication won't go through. Even after resetting my PC it won't still let me have it activated....
  3. I bought windows 10 but it won't let me activate

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I bought windows 10 but it won't let me activate: After purchasing I have updated it right away. I don't know why authentication won't go through. Even after resetting my PC it won't still let me have it activated....
  4. Minecraft unlock full game even though I bought it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft unlock full game even though I bought it: Hi I recently bought Minecraft Win10 from the store. When I opened it it saids that it is the demo version but, I already bought it. Please fix this problem. I tried various method, but non worked. I did WSRESET.exe, but taht didn't work....
  5. Windows won't activate because it's activated on other devices even though it's not

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows won't activate because it's activated on other devices even though it's not: My windows 10 key won't work even though it's not activated on any other computer, is this an issue because my old computer is not up to date, or another issue?...
  6. Windows 10 not genuine (even though I bought it)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 not genuine (even though I bought it): Hi! I bought a computer from my friend. He wiped the computer installed windows. When it got to the part where you sign in to a Microsoft account I made one so the computer wasn't tied to his account. After log in it says the copy of windows isn't genuine. After dealing with...
  7. Activating windows even though it came activated?

Activating windows even though it came activated?: This is a very strange question, I know. About a year and a half ago I upgraded to an SSD to get my games to run faster, and had my friend install it for me. Tonight, I went to go update some settings and realized it said "You need to activate Windows before you can...
  8. Windows 10 not activated after upgrade from 7 even though I bought the key for the upgrade

Windows 10 not activated after upgrade from 7 even though I bought the key for the upgrade: Hello. Not sure how this works but I needed to enter a product key when I used the upgrade option from windows 7 to 10. My version of Win7 was not activated before the upgrade. I bought the key and entered and the upgrade to 10 was successful. But now the Activation page...
  9. Windows says it's activated even though I haven't activated it

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows says it's activated even though I haven't activated it: How did this happen? It actually keeps crashing as well, might be relevant. submitted by /u/RGBonmyeverything [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/eiaikb/windows_says_its_activated_even_though_i_havent/
  10. Windows won't activate even though i have online license

Windows won't activate even though i have online license: "Waiting to be filled by oem" I know that my hardwared is locked to a different motherboard, I forgot to tell microsoft i was switching hardware, which seems kind of ridiculous. But anyway i no longer have that motherboard because i sold it. Is there anyway to activate...