Windows 10: Windows 10 won't activate on new PC

Discus and support Windows 10 won't activate on new PC in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi there, Somewhere back between 2009 and 2012, I purchased a Windows 7 license. I installed this on my custom-built PC. A few years later I was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by JackMoore4, Dec 17, 2019.

1. Windows 10 won't activate on new PC

Hi there,

Somewhere back between 2009 and 2012, I purchased a Windows 7 license. I installed this on my custom-built PC.

A few years later I was offered a free upgrade from Microsoft to Windows 10, so I did these. On doing this, I also moved over to a digital key (linked to my Windows account).

A few weeks ago I bought a whole new PC (again, custom-built, I purchased all of the parts myself). This was completely fresh and had none of the same components as my last PC. My old PC now is out of action, so I wanted to move the Windows 10 license over to my new PC.

From looking at Google, it looked like after relinking my Windows account on my new Windows installation (which was installed via USB, which was a bootable media that I created from my old PC), however this did not happen.

I have contacted Microsoft support over the phone, and they informed me if it didn't happen automatically, they would require proof of purchase. Unfortunately this was such a long time ago, and it was a digital copy I had, so I have no receipt to hand. I probably had something over email at the time, but again this was lost.

Surely there is another way around this? I have not yet formatted my old PC, so is there anything I can do with that? I will not be purchasing a whole new copy of Windows when I know I already have a genuine copy.

Any support would be greatly appreciated.

:)

JackMoore4, Dec 17, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 17, 2019
  3. CK011885 Win User
    Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Dec 17, 2019
  4. r.h.p Win User

Windows 10 won't activate on new PC

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

What's your intended PC specs ??

r.h.p, Dec 17, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 won't activate on new PC

1. Windows 10 won't activate on new PC - Similar Threads - won't activate

2. Computer won't go to sleep when a screen saver is active?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer won't go to sleep when a screen saver is active?: Having a hard time with this one. I installed a screen saver I like last night and now my system won't go to sleep after 10 minutes. I have the screen saver to come on after 5 minutes. I went to all my power settings in control panel and everything seems to be correct after a...
  3. Activate Windows won't go away

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Activate Windows won't go away: So,today i tried every method from Regedit to Softwares to remove the "Activate Windows" thing on the bottom right of the monitor but everytime i restart my pc it's still there and i don't know what to do... submitted by /u/SgtPootler [link] [comments]...
  4. Tried to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro, won't activate.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Tried to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro, won't activate.: Last weekend I purchased a new laptop which came bundled with Windows 10 Home. As I need this for work and need some features only available in Windows 10 Pro, I immediately purchased a Windows 10 Pro upgrade from the Store app. The purchase shows in my MS Account purchase...
  5. Activation - I have the digital License, still won't work after Motherboard/CPU change.

Activation - I have the digital License, still won't work after Motherboard/CPU change.: Hi all, I had to upgrade my failing motherboard. After reading here and other forums I was informed to verify I have the digital license attached to my Microsoft Account which I do. I perform the troubleshoot, select "I changed hardware on this device recently" and after...
  6. Windows won't let me use any activation codes

Windows won't let me use any activation codes: Whenever I input a code in into the "Change your product key" in the settings it always gives me an error. The error code is 0xc004f050. My old license had expired and I am pretty sure it was fake/not legit, because I did not buy it, but rather it was a gift a friend gave to...
  7. System won't let me activate Windows 10

System won't let me activate Windows 10: My laptop is an older model HP dv7-3067nr running Windows 7 and when installing Windows 10 I set it to recapture the entire hard drive, so as to do away with a Linux partition. This process wiped the hard drive, including Windows 7, and installed a fresh copy of Windows 10....
  8. Windows 10 Pro won't activate when installed on fresh PC Error 0x803fa067

Windows 10 Pro won't activate when installed on fresh PC Error 0x803fa067: Hello! I recently built a PC, and wanted to install Windows 10 Pro. After successfully booting the trial version of WinPro from a USB drive, I attempted activating the software with a fresh key. However, I keep getting this error: We can't activate Windows on this device...
  9. Change of PSU has created two duplicate device profiles and now won't activate

Change of PSU has created two duplicate device profiles and now won't activate: Windows v.1909 Error Code: 0x80072EE7 I made my own computer recently and registered it fine. Then the power supply died and I replaced it. After that I am getting the "Activate Windows" watermark and usual warnings. Going through >Settings>Activate>...
  10. Windows 10 won't activate when I got a new motherboard

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 won't activate when I got a new motherboard: When I built my new pc, I decided I needed a new motherboard. The pc I had previously had windows 10 but, but when I switched motherboards it deactivated windows. I have tried all of the help that the Microsoft tech support has given me yet nothing has worked. I tried going...