Windows 10: Windows 10 won't activate

Discus and support Windows 10 won't activate in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I bought a refurb HP AIO desktop for my granddaughter. When it was booted up, it said Windows needed to be activated. The key from the sticker on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by LissaKay, Dec 8, 2019.

1. LissaKay Win User

Windows 10 won't activate

I bought a refurb HP AIO desktop for my granddaughter. When it was booted up, it said Windows needed to be activated. The key from the sticker on the chassis is invalid. At first, the message was it was not a valid key for Win10 Home, and is a Pro key. We tried doing the update to Pro, but got the same message. My daughter called MS tech support, and was called an idiot. I ran all the Windows Updates, and tried again. Now it is saying that a previous version of Windows was installed, and never activated.

How can this be fixed?

:)

LissaKay, Dec 8, 2019
  2. tops Win User

Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

tops, Dec 8, 2019
  3. cortana won`t talk to me

Hi Steven,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

It's unfortunate that you are facing this issue. Let me assist you to resolve the issue.

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down the issue and to provide you better assistance.

• Check and verify if Cortana is activated?
    • Does Cortana search and gives any output/result on screen?
    • Is the Language and region settings set to valid value?
    • Check and verify if Cortana available in your region?
    Method 1:

I suggest you to try to turn Cortana off and then try turning it on back and check if she talks. Refer to the steps below to turn Off and On Cortana:

• Open Cortana.
    • Click the hamburger button in the top left of the window.
    • Go to Settings and click on off.
    • Follow the same steps to turn it on.
    • Check if issue persists.
    I would suggest you to refer to the article given below and check if that helps.

Cortana & search

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/cortana-search

Hope this information helps, let us know the status of the issue

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Dec 8, 2019
  4. Windows 10 won't activate

i am using windows 8pro.but it won,t recongnise my activation code

i am using windows 8pro.but it won,t recongnise my activation code

gordonhewitt1, Dec 8, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 won't activate

1. Windows 10 won't activate - Similar Threads - won't activate

2. Computer won't go to sleep when a screen saver is active?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer won't go to sleep when a screen saver is active?: Having a hard time with this one. I installed a screen saver I like last night and now my system won't go to sleep after 10 minutes. I have the screen saver to come on after 5 minutes. I went to all my power settings in control panel and everything seems to be correct after a...
  3. Activate Windows won't go away

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Activate Windows won't go away: So,today i tried every method from Regedit to Softwares to remove the "Activate Windows" thing on the bottom right of the monitor but everytime i restart my pc it's still there and i don't know what to do... submitted by /u/SgtPootler [link] [comments]...
  4. Tried to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro, won't activate.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Tried to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro, won't activate.: Last weekend I purchased a new laptop which came bundled with Windows 10 Home. As I need this for work and need some features only available in Windows 10 Pro, I immediately purchased a Windows 10 Pro upgrade from the Store app. The purchase shows in my MS Account purchase...
  5. Activation - I have the digital License, still won't work after Motherboard/CPU change.

Activation - I have the digital License, still won't work after Motherboard/CPU change.: Hi all, I had to upgrade my failing motherboard. After reading here and other forums I was informed to verify I have the digital license attached to my Microsoft Account which I do. I perform the troubleshoot, select "I changed hardware on this device recently" and after...
  6. Windows won't let me use any activation codes

Windows won't let me use any activation codes: Whenever I input a code in into the "Change your product key" in the settings it always gives me an error. The error code is 0xc004f050. My old license had expired and I am pretty sure it was fake/not legit, because I did not buy it, but rather it was a gift a friend gave to...
  7. System won't let me activate Windows 10

System won't let me activate Windows 10: My laptop is an older model HP dv7-3067nr running Windows 7 and when installing Windows 10 I set it to recapture the entire hard drive, so as to do away with a Linux partition. This process wiped the hard drive, including Windows 7, and installed a fresh copy of Windows 10....
  8. Windows 10 Pro won't activate when installed on fresh PC Error 0x803fa067

Windows 10 Pro won't activate when installed on fresh PC Error 0x803fa067: Hello! I recently built a PC, and wanted to install Windows 10 Pro. After successfully booting the trial version of WinPro from a USB drive, I attempted activating the software with a fresh key. However, I keep getting this error: We can't activate Windows on this device...
  9. Change of PSU has created two duplicate device profiles and now won't activate

Change of PSU has created two duplicate device profiles and now won't activate: Windows v.1909 Error Code: 0x80072EE7 I made my own computer recently and registered it fine. Then the power supply died and I replaced it. After that I am getting the "Activate Windows" watermark and usual warnings. Going through >Settings>Activate>...
  10. Windows 10 won't activate when I got a new motherboard

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 won't activate when I got a new motherboard: When I built my new pc, I decided I needed a new motherboard. The pc I had previously had windows 10 but, but when I switched motherboards it deactivated windows. I have tried all of the help that the Microsoft tech support has given me yet nothing has worked. I tried going...