Windows 10: Windows 10 won't activate

Discus and support Windows 10 won't activate in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I bought a refurb HP AIO desktop for my granddaughter. When it was booted up, it said Windows needed to be activated. The key from the sticker on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by LissaKay, Dec 8, 2019.

1. LissaKay Win User

Windows 10 won't activate

I bought a refurb HP AIO desktop for my granddaughter. When it was booted up, it said Windows needed to be activated. The key from the sticker on the chassis is invalid. At first, the message was it was not a valid key for Win10 Home, and is a Pro key. We tried doing the update to Pro, but got the same message. My daughter called MS tech support, and was called an idiot. I ran all the Windows Updates, and tried again. Now it is saying that a previous version of Windows was installed, and never activated.

How can this be fixed?

:)

LissaKay, Dec 8, 2019
  2. tops Win User

Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

tops, Dec 8, 2019
  3. cortana won`t talk to me

Hi Steven,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

It's unfortunate that you are facing this issue. Let me assist you to resolve the issue.

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down the issue and to provide you better assistance.

• Check and verify if Cortana is activated?
    • Does Cortana search and gives any output/result on screen?
    • Is the Language and region settings set to valid value?
    • Check and verify if Cortana available in your region?
    Method 1:

I suggest you to try to turn Cortana off and then try turning it on back and check if she talks. Refer to the steps below to turn Off and On Cortana:

• Open Cortana.
    • Click the hamburger button in the top left of the window.
    • Go to Settings and click on off.
    • Follow the same steps to turn it on.
    • Check if issue persists.
    I would suggest you to refer to the article given below and check if that helps.

Cortana & search

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/cortana-search

Hope this information helps, let us know the status of the issue

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Dec 8, 2019
  4. Windows 10 won't activate

i am using windows 8pro.but it won,t recongnise my activation code

i am using windows 8pro.but it won,t recongnise my activation code

gordonhewitt1, Dec 8, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 won't activate

1. Windows 10 won't activate - Similar Threads - won't activate

2. My Windows 10 activates fine but won't save activation status

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    My Windows 10 activates fine but won't save activation status: My Windows 10 activates fine but a few hours or days later gets the watermark back it is not activated. Why won't it save the actiuvation?I have tried activating with the activate button, license key and troubleshooter and all work to activate but the watermark keeps coming...
  3. My Windows 10 activates fine but won't save activation status

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Windows 10 activates fine but won't save activation status: My Windows 10 activates fine but a few hours or days later gets the watermark back it is not activated. Why won't it save the actiuvation?I have tried activating with the activate button, license key and troubleshooter and all work to activate but the watermark keeps coming...
  4. My Windows 10 activates fine but won't save activation status

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. My Windows Product Key Won't Activate on My New PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Windows Product Key Won't Activate on My New PC: Hi, I bought a Windows 7 CD that comes with the product key and have been using it without problem for 10+ years.I just built a new PC and connected my SSD with the Windows installed Windows 10 - free upgrade from the product key I own with Win 7 purchase. Now it says to...
  6. My Windows Product Key Won't Activate on My New PC

My Windows Product Key Won't Activate on My New PC: Hi, I bought a Windows 7 CD that comes with the product key and have been using it without problem for 10+ years.I just built a new PC and connected my SSD with the Windows installed Windows 10 - free upgrade from the product key I own with Win 7 purchase. Now it says to...
  7. My Windows Product Key Won't Activate on My New PC

8. Why won't my valid copy of windows server 2016 activate. Full retail version on NEW hard drive

Why won't my valid copy of windows server 2016 activate. Full retail version on NEW hard drive: i had to replace my hard drives on my system running Windows Server 2016. I purchased a retail version of this software. After installing it won't activate & the trouble shooter won't work. how do I get this VALID version to activate?...
  9. Why won't my valid copy of windows server 2016 activate. Full retail version on NEW hard drive

Why won't my valid copy of windows server 2016 activate. Full retail version on NEW hard drive: i had to replace my hard drives on my system running Windows Server 2016. I purchased a retail version of this software. After installing it won't activate & the trouble shooter won't work. how do I get this VALID version to activate?...
  10. Why won't my valid copy of windows server 2016 activate. Full retail version on NEW hard drive

in Windows 10 Gaming