Windows 10: Windows 10 won't allow me to set Express Scribe as my default video player.

Discus and support Windows 10 won't allow me to set Express Scribe as my default video player. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I just had to update to a Windows 10 PC and when I go to set my default video (mp4) programs to use Express Scribe it does not give me that option but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by LisaWaitt, Dec 5, 2018.

1. LisaWaitt Win User

Windows 10 won't allow me to set Express Scribe as my default video player.

I just had to update to a Windows 10 PC and when I go to set my default video (mp4) programs to use Express Scribe it does not give me that option but only allows me to open them in Windows Media. I need to be able to change this. I need help FAST as I can't work without this.

I am running Express Scribe Pro v 7.01 on a Windows 10 pc with Chrome as my browser. Please help ASAP.

:)

LisaWaitt, Dec 5, 2018

2. Windows 10 and Express Scribe

After installing Windows 10 my foot pedal will not work in Express Scribe. I have used Express Scribe for many years, so the problem seems to lie with Windows 10. Express Scribe says they are compatible. What does Microsoft say? I currently have STAT
    medical files that need to be transcribed. Help, please.

SusanMcFarland, Dec 5, 2018
  3. Windows 10 and Express Scribe

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience caused. I will be glad to assist you with this.

I suggest you to check the hot keys are working in
    on-screen keyboard and verify the result.

To open on-screen keyboard you may follow the steps in the article below.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/type-with-the-on-screen-keyboard

If issue persist there might be issue with the software please contact the software vendor for better assistance.

Express Scribe Transcription Technical Support

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Anju Thekkethil, Dec 5, 2018
  4. Windows 10 won't allow me to set Express Scribe as my default video player.

Windows 10 and Express Scribe

I have just gotten a new laptop that has Windows 10 on it. I downloaded Express Scribe program which I need to transcribe medical charts. It will not co-ordinate with the "hot keys". For example when I press F4 it is supposed to stop. When I press F7
    it is supposed to rewind, etc. None of the keys respond at all. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Moonbeam909, Dec 5, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 won't allow me to set Express Scribe as my default video player.

1. Windows 10 won't allow me to set Express Scribe as my default video player. - Similar Threads - won't allow set

2. Wireless network won't allow me to set to private

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wireless network won't allow me to set to private: Hi,I have noticed that my wireless network is set to public when I need it to be private. I have entered into the network properties and selected private under the active network but it immediately changes to public when I close the window.I've attempted the power shell...
  3. Wireless network won't allow me to set to private

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wireless network won't allow me to set to private: Hi,I have noticed that my wireless network is set to public when I need it to be private. I have entered into the network properties and selected private under the active network but it immediately changes to public when I close the window.I've attempted the power shell...
  4. Wireless network won't allow me to set to private

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Windows 10 won't let me set a default app as a .wav player

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 won't let me set a default app as a .wav player: Hello, I need to know why the third party program Downloaded from Microsoft edge Called "Media Player Classic" Won't be set as a .wav player. This app can play .wav files. Why can't i get the option to set a default app myself? !!! THANKS !!!...
  6. Windows 10 compatibility issue with some audio files in Express Scribe

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 compatibility issue with some audio files in Express Scribe: I purchased a new PC that runs Windows 10. I installed the latest version of Express Scribe. Everything works as it should except that occasionally the audio file seems to be corrupted with periodic glitches as if the recording is on fast speed in sections. The latest...
  7. Express Scribe

Express Scribe: I just installed Express Scribe Pro. Kinda had to buy the pro because I have a foot pedal for transcription services and the basic Express Scribe is not compatible with the foot pedal. However, ever since I installed Express Scribe, my cursor now has a spinning circle...
  8. windows wont allow me to change default audio player

windows wont allow me to change default audio player: i can't change default audio player to anything other then itunes. If i unstinall itunes i can but the moment i reinstall it forces it back to itunes. I'd like to make VLC my main audio player but still have itunes installed. Why is this not allowed?...
  9. Global hot keys won't work in Express Scribe

Global hot keys won't work in Express Scribe: I just started using Windows 10 and find that the global hot keys that I use with Express Scribe aren't working. Funny thing is, when I first loaded everything, it did work. Then it stopped. Is there a fix for this?...
  10. W10 won't allow to set default browser

in Browsers and Email
    W10 won't allow to set default browser: I am having a problem setting my default browser. In to reset my defaults in settings. Restore to default. Now Edge is now my default browser. Now I can't set my default browser to Cyberfox or any other browser. I press the cyberfox icon and nothing happens. The plus sign...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. set express scribe as default audio programme