Windows 10: Windows 10 Won't Allow Me to Switch User

Discus and support Windows 10 Won't Allow Me to Switch User in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I have the best computer in my household and we occasionally share my computer, either for access to a better machine or just to print something out of... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by VioletLightling, Dec 6, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Won't Allow Me to Switch User

I have the best computer in my household and we occasionally share my computer, either for access to a better machine or just to print something out of my printer which doesn't like to connect to WiFi. BUT as of one of the latest updates to Windows 10, my computer no longer allows me to switch from one user to another: essentially it no longer allows there to be more than one singular user logged in at once. I have read through a few articles to find potential solutions, and I have tried a few namely restarting in safe mode, updating windows 10.

Windows 10 Won't Allow Me to Switch User 901002f0-0922-487a-ab03-d8eb7080a955?upload=true.png

^This is what my Menu looks like when I click Alt-F4 on my desktop.

Windows 10 Won't Allow Me to Switch User fe65cb01-b313-416e-9158-215f8e41fcf6?upload=true.png

^And this is what my start menu looks like.

Is there anything I can do to restore the "Switch User" option? Why was it removed in the first place?

:)

VioletLightling, Dec 6, 2020

2. Cant switch users in Windows 10

Hi Sarah,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I apologize for the inconvenience caused. We are glad to help you.

Please share a few details:

• What exactly happens when you try to switch users?

• Do you receive any error message/code?

• Did you make any changes to the computer prior to this issue?

I suggest you to follow the below steps to Switch users.

• Press Ctrl + Alt + Del key altogether.

• Click on Switch User.

• Select the user with which you want to login.

If computer starts up with a user other than the one you want, login to that user account and switch user to the account that you need and check.

Hope this information helps. Do contact us for further queries. We will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Jenith

Jenith_James, Dec 6, 2020
  3. Windows 10 won´t start any program as Administrator

Hello. I´m having this issue since installed one of the latest Windows 10 system updates.

When I try to open any program that requires Administrator confirmation (that screen with the Yes/No question), this dialog won´t appear anymore. The screen background stays darkened and nothing happens.

1. Using Windows 10 Home (x64)
    2. My microsoft user account is properly checked
    3. I´m the administrator of the PC
    4. Already tried do create another administrator user account - same problem, no success
    5. Cannot start any program/service that requires administrator authorization (not even regedit)
    Please help!

Fabiano Lehmkuhl, Dec 6, 2020
  4. tops Win User

Windows 10 Won't Allow Me to Switch User

Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

tops, Dec 6, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Won't Allow Me to Switch User

1. Windows 10 Won't Allow Me to Switch User - Similar Threads - Won't Allow Switch

2. PC won't allow me to activate windows

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    PC won't allow me to activate windows: I format my PC after changing motherboard and graphics card since it is not performing well. I did the process and ensure that my Microsoft account is linked to my Windows. I tried and create a bootable media and perform clean installation. It is successful however when I...
  3. PC won't allow me to activate windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC won't allow me to activate windows: I format my PC after changing motherboard and graphics card since it is not performing well. I did the process and ensure that my Microsoft account is linked to my Windows. I tried and create a bootable media and perform clean installation. It is successful however when I...
  4. PC won't allow me to activate windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows won't allow me to upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows won't allow me to upgrade: Hi, I am happy how Microsoft works with their system.I would like to upgrade to windows 11 but it wouldn't allow me.Saying that my PC is not eligible for upgrade. I am using i5 processor, 8gb ram and a maximushero viii board. Please help....
  6. Windows won't allow me to upgrade

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows won't allow me to upgrade: Hi, I am happy how Microsoft works with their system.I would like to upgrade to windows 11 but it wouldn't allow me.Saying that my PC is not eligible for upgrade. I am using i5 processor, 8gb ram and a maximushero viii board. Please help....
  7. Windows won't allow me to upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Windows 10 Won't Allow Me To Disable Touchpad

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Won't Allow Me To Disable Touchpad: Hi. I got this computer as an early Christmas present about a year and a half ago. I'm only sixteen so this is my first personal computer that isn't a school assigned chromebook. I wanted to disable my touchpad as it gets in the way and I prefer using a USB mouse. When I...
  9. Windows 10 does not allow me to switch microphone

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 does not allow me to switch microphone: Hi, my laptop is Lenovo Ideapad L340 with windows 10. The built-in microphone is great but the microphone that comes with my headphone is bad. The problem is that the sound control panel on this laptop does not allow me to choose microphone input. The first picture is the...
  10. Windows won't allow me to upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows won't allow me to upgrade: Hello, Currently brand new computer, came with Windows 10 Home 32 bit installed. I wanted to upgrade it to 64 bit since I have the license key for the program and I also checked several times that indeed this is a 64bit capable build. I can only find...