Windows 10: Windows 10 Won't Allow Printer Installation DVD to run .exe

Discus and support Windows 10 Won't Allow Printer Installation DVD to run .exe in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I have a new laptop running Windows 10 and I was attempting to install my wireless printer. The wireless installation kept failing so I decided... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JFisk108, Jan 7, 2019.

1. JFisk108 Win User

Windows 10 Won't Allow Printer Installation DVD to run .exe

Hello,

I have a new laptop running Windows 10 and I was attempting to install my wireless printer. The wireless installation kept failing so I decided to run the setup .exe program from the original CD that came with the printer. I keep receiving a message saying it will not allow it to run an .exe program and that I should obtain permission from the administrator. I checked and my name is listed as administrator (there is only one account set up on the computer). I also attempted to download the driver from the HP website and went through the installation but I received a message saying my computer is not connected to the network, even though it is. Can anyone help?

Thanks,

JFisk108

:)

JFisk108, Jan 7, 2019
  2. 95Viper Win User

Virtual Pdf Printer Driver Won't install and Fixes won't work

You might be able, if needed, to get the old version, here at oldapps web site (disclaimer: I do not vouch for this site... check any and downloads with your fav malware/antivirus apps): Old Version of PrimoPDF for Windows XP

PrimoPDF forums are down it seems... however, I found this at PCReview forums, quote from "Unable to Install "Software" Printers":

Same solution on MSDN thread, "cannot install printer driver in XP Embedded":

95Viper, Jan 7, 2019
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    I have windows 10 and my printer is HP OFFICEJET PRO 8610. My laptop says it is offline What do I do?

Hi Donna,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

• Have you installed all pending Windows and driver updates?
    • Did you make any changes to your computer prior to this issue?

I suggest you to refer the link below and perform the troubleshooting steps suggested.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Scanni...ort-for-Windows-10-won-t-come-up/td-p/5323205

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thanks

Pavan_N, Jan 7, 2019
  4. tops Win User

Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

tops, Jan 7, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Won't Allow Printer Installation DVD to run .exe - Similar Threads - Won't Allow Printer

2. Wont't run exe installer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Wont't run exe installer: warning: I am severely technically illiterate and am constantly finding myself fighting with this laptop i got last year. It has never seemed to work right, I am constantly troubleshooting and sometimes end up making issues worse haha So I have a Acer aspire 3 that is a...
  3. dvd won't run

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    dvd won't run: i cant get a dvd to run on my pcit runs on my xbox with the blu ray app can anyone help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvd-wont-run/79b4dd19-1f20-4caa-8b0a-bff37d7be1c6
  4. Windows 10 install DVD won't boot/install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 install DVD won't boot/install: Hi Everyone, I have just completed a PC build and and I'm trying to a new install with an OEM Windows 10 DVD. I make the DVD the boot drive in BIOS, then it goes to load the disc and the Windows logo comes on and cricle dots start rotating then freezes and doesn't...
  5. Win 10 won't allow me to email an .exe file as an attachment.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Win 10 won't allow me to email an .exe file as an attachment.: I have a set of five files which comprise the installation files for a popular free flight simulator (FMS). I have been supplying these files to R/C model club members for many years. Having recently upgraded to a new laptop with Win 10 I now get an error message when I...
  6. Windows 10 not running .exe file

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 not running .exe file: Hello, I am trying to open a specific .exe file for a program I'm trying to install. I get to Windows asking to allow for the program to make changes but after I select yes, nothing happens. I have tried things like turning off all firewalls/anti virus software, restarting...
  7. RUN won't 'run' EXE files

in Windows 10 Support
    RUN won't 'run' EXE files: Since 1803 was loaded on 3 of my Dell laptops (various models) I've discovered that the RUN function (under Windows Start Button) won't "run" an EXE file that is located in my download folder. Same response on 3 different laptops. I have a history of the APP for these EXEs...
  8. RUN won't 'execute' EXE files

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    RUN won't 'execute' EXE files: Since 1803 was loaded on 3 of my Dell laptops (various models) I've discovered that the RUN function (under Windows Start Button) won't "run" an EXE file that is located in my download folder. Same response on 3 different laptops. I have a history of the APP for these EXEs...
  9. Windows 10 Won't Install HP Printer?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 Won't Install HP Printer?: I've had this problem for about a week now. It says this in Windows Update: "There were problems installing some updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information, this may help: • HP - Printers -...
  10. Allowing standard users to run exe

in Windows 10 Support
    Allowing standard users to run exe: Hi guys, All our domain users are logged in as standard users, hence they cannot run .exe file. I want all users to allow a software application which runs only with an .exe file extension. How Can i achieve it?? 69178

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 wont allow installation