Windows 10: Windows 10 won't auto connect wifi each time i reboot

Discus and support Windows 10 won't auto connect wifi each time i reboot in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I have a Lenovo ideapad 510 laptop running windows 10 64 bit which is fully up to date, my wifi adapter is an Intel dual band wireless ac 3165.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by james1981, Aug 16, 2019.

1. james1981 Win User

Windows 10 won't auto connect wifi each time i reboot

Hi, I have a Lenovo ideapad 510 laptop running windows 10 64 bit which is fully up to date, my wifi adapter is an Intel dual band wireless ac 3165.

For a few months now my laptop will not auto connect the wifi when i reboot, it always used to though, I’m not sure if its a windows issue or a driver issue, i have tried to look at as many settings i can, i have tried forgetting the network and searching for it again. Connect automatically is definitely ticked.

When i reboot the lock screen always shows the network icon that shows networks are available but not the connected icon, when i log into windows it remains the same, when i click on the network icon it shows the network and just says secured on it with auto connect ticked but i then have to click on it to get it to connect.

The wifi router is only about 3 metres away from my laptop with nothing in-between that would cause any range issue.

Has anyone got any ideas what may have happened, it just seemed to start doing it out the blue.

Regards

James

:)

james1981, Aug 16, 2019

2. Windows Lumia 930 won,t connect to the wifi.

l have windows nokia Lumia 930 and it won,t connect to wifi at home or at work

paulredick, Aug 16, 2019
  3. darkf0xx Win User
    Wifi Auto Connect

I have a PC out in my building and it runs off wifi, sometimes my modem shuts down and reboots but it will take like 5-10 minutes unless I go all the way back to the house and power cycle it. The problem is my windows 10 is set to auto connect to it but never does unless I click the wifi drop down list then it will reconnect, I was wondering if anyone knows an application that tries to reconnect to a specific wifi more aggressively than windows 10 it gets annoying because if I need to use the pc I cant just look across the room to see if my modem is back, I have to go and check the wifi then it connects.

darkf0xx, Aug 16, 2019
  4. tamo Win User

iPhone won,t connect win 10 Pro

Windows 10 won't auto  connect wifi each time i reboot [​IMG]

Thema:

1. Windows 10 won't auto connect wifi each time i reboot - Similar Threads - won't auto connect

2. Windows 10 Wifi doesn't Auto Connect to Wifi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Wifi doesn't Auto Connect to Wifi: WiFi doesn't auto-connect upon boot or reboot. Facts: HP laptop, Connect Automatically is checked, Manually clicking Connect works properly, My ISP-provided SSID is always top of the list and the strongest signal. WiFi disconnects from time to time for no...
  3. Windows 10 ask for activation each time I reboot

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 ask for activation each time I reboot: Hello After one of the las updates, my PC start to show a message to right bottom saying Windows 10 is not activated, when, of course, it has been activated for ever. I go to "Activation", it says is not activated, I run the "Problems solution", and after a while, Windows...
  4. Reboot Notification request each time I reboot.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reboot Notification request each time I reboot.: I have a Lenova laptop and it has just installed some Windows 10 updates. I now keep getting the following notification even after I do a reboot (at least 5 times). Restart required Your pc needs to be restarted to finish setting up this device Pci bus Can anyone...
  5. Windows 10 won't auto connect wifi each time i reboot

Windows 10 won't auto connect wifi each time i reboot: Hi, I have a Lenovo ideapad 510 laptop running windows 10 64 bit which is fully up to date, my wifi adapter is an Intel dual band wireless ac 3165. For a few months now my laptop will not auto connect the wifi when i reboot, it always used to though, I’m not sure if its a...
  6. Windows 10 ICS has to be reset each time my wifi roams or drops connection

Windows 10 ICS has to be reset each time my wifi roams or drops connection: I share my wifi downstairs so my father can watch TV. The issue is my signal is not so great to the AP we use for net and there are other networks around with the same SSID so roaming is an issue. The problem comes when my wifi adjusts to a new signal, the ICS gets stuck and...
  7. win 10 crashes each time I connect ethernet

win 10 crashes each time I connect ethernet: Hello I upgraded from windows 7 home premium 64 bit to windows 10. It took me 3 tries. I wasn't able to do it until I disconnected Ethernet. Unfortunately new windows crashes each time i try to connect computer to internet pluging in ethernet cable. I found the problem is...
  8. Wifi doesn't auto connect

Wifi doesn't auto connect: Hi all, Been the case for a number of months now - wifi doesn't auto connect after turning laptop on. Always have to manually connect. Any fix for this? Many thanks. 101853
  9. Wifi needs to be connected each time I wake computer.

Wifi needs to be connected each time I wake computer.: Hello, For the last few months the wifi needs to be manually re-connected each and every time I open my laptop screen or wake the computer up from sleep. In the past it did this automatically. If I was connected, I would leave my computer, wake it back up and it would...
  10. Wifi Auto Connect

Wifi Auto Connect: I have a PC out in my building and it runs off wifi, sometimes my modem shuts down and reboots but it will take like 5-10 minutes unless I go all the way back to the house and power cycle it. The problem is my windows 10 is set to auto connect to it but never does unless I...