Windows 10: Windows 10 wont auto detect i plug in front audio jack while game or other programs are running

Discus and support Windows 10 wont auto detect i plug in front audio jack while game or other programs are running in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So as the title says, win 10 wont detect i plug in my headphones while i have games/programs running. But if i close all applications It may sometimes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Sp1int3r, Feb 9, 2019.

1. Sp1int3r Win User

Windows 10 wont auto detect i plug in front audio jack while game or other programs are running

So as the title says, win 10 wont detect i plug in my headphones while i have games/programs running. But if i close all applications It may sometimes detect if i pull it out and plug it in again, sometimes it doesnt and i have to restart my pc. Why is this happening? I have tried uninstalling all audio drivers and reinstalled new ones from my mobos homepage.

:)

Sp1int3r, Feb 9, 2019

2. Windows 10 not detecting devices plugged into 3.5mm audio jack. Please Help!

My problem with my Dell Inspiron 5558 laptop is that whenever I plug a device in, the computer does not detect anything is plugged in.

BEFORE ANYONE responds on solutions, let me make sure you understand the problem. I am
    VERY specific. It does not DETECT anything plugged into the audio jack. Most people with issues with their audio jack have an issue where they will plug in headphones in the audio jack, but upon doing so, the audio will continue to
    play through external speakers built into their laptop, and not through the headphones because they were not detected due to a driver issue. That is
    NOT my issue. The headphone jack and all my audio drivers and all my Windows Audio services and related services are all functioning and have ALL been messed with to try to resolve my much weirder issue. For me, all devices plugged
    into the audio jack work fine. It will stop playing audio through my speakers, and go to my headphone or earbuds, and work like it normally should, the problem is it does not KNOW that it is doing that. The computer still thinks that when it cuts the audio
    from the external speakers and starts playing only into the headphones, that it is STILL playing through the external speakers. Why is this an issue? Well, all my audio devices have built in microphones, but unlike the speakers, the compute will NOT switch
    over the microphone from the built-in webcam mic to the one plugged in into the audio jack, because it does not detect anything is plugged into the audio jack, despite playing audio through anything plugged into it.

One thing I noticed is BEFORE this issue occurred, any time I plugged anything into the audio jack, Windows 10 would prompt me with a notice asking me what I plugged into the audio jack, and those options listed
    "Headphones with Mic" and "Skull-candy Headset" and stuff like that, and the audio BEFORE I select anything from the list would go to my headphones or earbuds, but only after selecting an option that had a microphone on it did the microphone
    get detected and viewable through the available devices on my PC. When I plug something into my PC's audio jack now, it does not ask me that anymore, but still will play audio totally fine through whatever is plugged into it.

ALL of my drivers have been updated, uninstalled, reinstalled, disabled, enabled, and I have troubleshooted this by going into
    "Services" and stopping and restarting Windows Audio and Windows Audio Endpoint Builder, and restarting my computer after all of these and every combination of these methods, as well as checking to see that the PC's 3.5mm headphone jack is working
    properly with the correct drivers and that it is functioning properly, which it is. I cannot see any reason that this is a hardware issue, it appears to be something related to Windows that is not letting it detect anything is being plugged into the headphone
    jack.

The PC uses Realtek High Definition Audio, and under "Playback devices", it is labelled as Speakers/Headphones. Under
    "Recording", Microphone - Realtek High Definition Audio is the default device, and all of these are turned on, under properties nothing is disabled, at all. Everything is set to function totally fine.

What I would like as a solution is not for my microphone to work, I do not want ANY solutions that can fix my problem by explaining how to fix common audio problems for a PC when you plug something in and it does not work. Anything I plug in DOES work, but
    not the microphone, because it does NOT ask me what I plugged in, and I cannot select it is a headphone with a microphone, so it will not switch over from the webcam mic to the headphone mic, nor can I do that manually because when I plug something in it does
    not recognize I plug anything in at all despite properly functioning when I do to be able to do so.

Any potential solutions at all would be greatly appreciated, and thank you so much for reading.

Matt Montalvo, Feb 9, 2019
  3. Windows 10 not detecting devices plugged into 3.5mm audio jack. Please Help!

Matt, I am having the exact same problem. I have an ASUS ROG Laptop with Conexant Smart Audio drivers. Whenever I plug anything into my headphone output jack, it will properly play the audio through that device (whether it's headphones or external speakers)
    but the "Playback" tab in the "Sounds" manager does not indicate any change in device (it continues to display "Speakers - Conexant Smart Audio HD" which is the default playback device with nothing plugged into the audio jack). My laptop's integrated microphone
    continues to function normally but when I plug anything into the microphone jack, it inhibits the integrated microphone but does not allow any recording from the plugged in microphone (either stand-alone or as part of a headset). If you've figured this out
    in the last week, I would be eternally grateful.

Joshua Dworkin, Feb 9, 2019
  4. ShakeR2S5 Win User

Windows 10 wont auto detect i plug in front audio jack while game or other programs are running

Windows 10 usb-audio jack headset, audio jack not detected

Hi, I recently updated my Windows from 7 to 10 and since I updated my headset (Turtle Beach px22 Shadow) not working correctly.

It has 2 cables, an audio jack and a usb. The usb is working fine, but if I want to use the headset's amplifier properly I have to connect both cables to my computer, but It cannot detect the audio jack. When I plug out my headset from the amplifier, then
    I've got a smaller audio jack and If I plug that in, it works. Before I updated my Windows, It worked perfectly.

Thanks for help!

ShakeR2S5, Feb 9, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 wont auto detect i plug in front audio jack while game or other programs are running - Similar Threads - wont auto detect

2. Windows doesnt detect my headphone when plugged in in a front audio jack. Realtek audio driver.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows doesnt detect my headphone when plugged in in a front audio jack. Realtek audio driver.: Hi, i have a problem with my headphones when plugged in it doesn't detect it. I tried everything like setting different options in the realtek app but when i selected the 2nd opiton in the app, it started playing throught my pc speakers. My windows version is windows 10 22h2...
  3. Windows doesnt detect my headphone when plugged in in a front audio jack. Realtek audio driver.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows doesnt detect my headphone when plugged in in a front audio jack. Realtek audio driver.: Hi, i have a problem with my headphones when plugged in it doesn't detect it. I tried everything like setting different options in the realtek app but when i selected the 2nd opiton in the app, it started playing throught my pc speakers. My windows version is windows 10 22h2...
  4. Windows doesnt detect my headphone when plugged in in a front audio jack. Realtek audio driver.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Front Audio Jack not working

Front Audio Jack not working: after installing window 10 to my hp prodesk 600 G1 SFF, front audio jacks are not working for any of my headphones. tried installing drivers from HP site and also from realtek site but no luck. if anyone have the solution then please let me know...
  6. Front Audio Jack not working in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Front Audio Jack not working in Windows 10: [ATTACH]The front audio jack is a connector that is used to connect headphones/earphones with […] This article Front Audio Jack not working in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  7. Headphone jack wont detect headphones being plugged into it.

Headphone jack wont detect headphones being plugged into it.: My headphone jack wont detect any headphones being plugged into it. Ive tried my headphones on other computers so i know these work. When i plug them in i get Line In Realtek audio coming up as an input device but the headphones wont show up in output devices. Please...
  8. Front audio jacks not working

Front audio jacks not working: Hello, I'm user of Windows 10 OS and i have problems with front audio jacks. I know it is pretty common problem that is asked, but all the tutorials and every solution i found on forums didn't work. Since they all require Realtek. It is not that I do not like Realtek but...
  9. Windows 10 not detecting devices plugged into 3.5mm audio jack

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 not detecting devices plugged into 3.5mm audio jack: I've seen people online having problems like this one but its not the same. I've spent 3 days straight trying to fix this. The problem I'm having is ANYTHING I plug into the audio jack does not even show up As screen shots show. I currently have my mixer board plugged into...
  10. Front audio jack

Front audio jack: I try all realtek driver version but no one's install or shows https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/front-audio-jack/11349524-463a-4bdc-8318-41913b4e87e8

Users found this page by searching for:

1. auto detect audio jack

2. windows 10 auto detect audio jack

3. auto detect front jacks

4. headphone not dected windows while game is running,
  5. front audio jack does not detect a device windows 10,
  6. realtek front panel jack doesnt detect anything,
  7. windows 10 detect audio jack,
  8. win10 wont detect speakers,
  9. windows 10 does not detect anything plugged into jack