Windows 10: Windows 10 won't automatically connect to WiFi when waking from sleep

Discus and support Windows 10 won't automatically connect to WiFi when waking from sleep in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Having an issue on my wife's hp laptop. Upgraded it to windows 10 and ever since it won't ever connect to WiFi when waking until I click on the icon in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by CoryWilson, Sep 30, 2015.

1. Windows 10 won't automatically connect to WiFi when waking from sleep

Having an issue on my wife's hp laptop. Upgraded it to windows 10 and ever since it won't ever connect to WiFi when waking until I click on the icon in the , select my network, and hit connect. Even has the connect automatically box checked and it stays checked. Couldn't find anything in the settings that was causing the problem. I have another laptop, a 2009 dell inspiron, and its also running 10 and doesn't have the issue. It immediately connects to any saved WiFi network upon waking it up or powering it on. Any ideas?

:)

CoryWilson, Sep 30, 2015

2. Windows 10 wifi connects only after sleep mode awakening

But how can I not use it? It won't connect to any network from the start. I need to start Windows, then to sleep it and then to wake it to enable wifi connection instead of just first step - to start Windows.

Alexander Joya, Sep 30, 2015
  3. Waking Windows 10 Pro from Sleep

When I wake Windows 10 from sleep, the Wifi network connection initially appears to be operational. After a couple of seconds, the Wifi symbol in the system tray indicates an error. When I put my mouse over it, the error message says "Unidentified Network.
    No Internet Access." So apparently WIndows 10 does not re-establish the Wifi network connection when it is awakened from the "Sleep" state. Will there be a fix for this? It worked fine in Windows 8.1. Thanks!

GeorgeMiller Jr MD, Sep 30, 2015
  4. Windows 10 won't automatically connect to WiFi when waking from sleep

I have a similar issue with my Lenovo / IBM Thinkpads. It turns out that every new build installation turns on an option that I have to manually uncheck; otherwise I get the behavior you observe.

It's under the wireless adapter properties, and if I recall (I'm on a desktop right now) it's the Power tab, and the check box for something like "allow the computer to turn off this device to save power". Uncheck the box.

Art

ArtShapiro, Sep 30, 2015
Thema:

Windows 10 won't automatically connect to WiFi when waking from sleep

1. Windows 10 won't automatically connect to WiFi when waking from sleep - Similar Threads - won't automatically connect

2. Monitor won't wake from sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor won't wake from sleep: Split from this thread. After 23H2 update, my monitor won't wake when the PC does, it takes about 2-3 minutes after a few beeps.The BIOS for the MSIB560M-A PRO MB is uptodate and the latest drivers for the Geforce 750Ti are installed and yet the problem persists.Noticed power...
  3. Windows 10 automatically wakes from the sleep mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 automatically wakes from the sleep mode: Whenever I put my pc in sleep mode, it suddenly wakes up. I have no idea why this problem happens very often. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-automatically-wakes-from-the-sleep-mode/99f27195-7c1b-4b77-b6ff-f72803b42900
  4. Computer won't wake from Sleep.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer won't wake from Sleep.: My computer won't wake from sleep. It is a clean install of windows Ver 1909 Build 18363.836. I have reinstalled several times. When I move the mouse or use the keyboard the power light stop blinking comes on steady, the fans start up, it checks the DVD player, the activity...
  5. Windows 10 won't wake up from sleep.

Windows 10 won't wake up from sleep.: For the past few weeks my laptop won't wake up from sleep. When I try to wake it the power light turns on red and stays red (usually it only shows red for a few seconds when waking from sleep or during POST then turns blue when windows takes over) and the screen stays dark....
  6. Wifi is not automatically connecting after wake up from sleeping mode

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi is not automatically connecting after wake up from sleeping mode: I checked the check box 'Connect Automatically' , but after restarting, wake up from sleeping mode it won't connected. Instead showing a message 'Action Needed' below the SSID. So we must click connect to connect wifi....
  7. After wake from sleep - wifi won't reconnect

After wake from sleep - wifi won't reconnect: After waking from sleep, my Lenovo Carbon X1 (6th gen) often shows failed wifi connection or similar in the status. I need to manually disconnect it then reconnect and it will work again. Even if I click the 'reconnect automatically' setting or whatever it is called it...
  8. Windows 10 wake up from sleep automatically

Windows 10 wake up from sleep automatically: Windows 10 wakes up from sleep automatically...i changed the option in sign in options to PC wakes from sleep https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-wake-up-from-sleep-automatically/38e1faf4-90b2-415d-830d-d6d266b326dd
  9. Windows 10 won't wake from sleep

Windows 10 won't wake from sleep: After computer falls asleep, won't wake up. Ignores mouse and keyboard. To re-enter I must press the power button to trigger a reboot, which loses any work which might have been in progress when we fell asleep....
  10. when waking my laptop from sleep, will not connect to wifi

when waking my laptop from sleep, will not connect to wifi: when waking my laptop from sleep, will not reconnect to wifi, Lenova Yoga. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/when-waking-my-laptop-from-sleep-will-not-connect/080ca23c-4d1b-418e-bc03-93f05f99586e