Windows 10: windows 10 won't automatically open my iphone's hard drive to view files when I connect it,...

Discus and support windows 10 won't automatically open my iphone's hard drive to view files when I connect it,... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Windows 7 asked the first time, I told it to "open to view files" and after that, it always did. Windows 10, every time I plug it in, I get a message... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JimCasey4, Sep 25, 2020.

1. JimCasey4 Win User

windows 10 won't automatically open my iphone's hard drive to view files when I connect it,...

Windows 7 asked the first time, I told it to "open to view files" and after that, it always did. Windows 10, every time I plug it in, I get a message saying I have options. I don't want to have to tell it every time I connect it. I don't use the photo app, I don't use iTunes, I just want to view the hard drive to manually manipulate my files. how is it a newer operating system has less functionality than the older one? this is what I was told by a Microsoft tech support person in the chat.

:)

JimCasey4, Sep 25, 2020
  2. tamo Win User

iPhone won,t connect win 10 Pro

windows 10 won't automatically open my iphone's hard drive to view files when I connect it,... [​IMG]

3. tamo Win User

windows 10 won't automatically open my iphone's hard drive to view files when I connect it,... [​IMG]

4. tamo Win User

windows 10 won't automatically open my iphone's hard drive to view files when I connect it,...

Yes I am using a genuine apple cable and tried your method but still having issues . The device connects and all looks fine for a few minutes then it drops connection then reconnects and repeats this behaviour so I've gave up .see attached images.

Thanks for your help , I think I'm going to get a Samsung .

Thema:

1. windows 10 won't automatically open my iphone's hard drive to view files when I connect it,... - Similar Threads - won't automatically open

2. Windows 10 iPhone Photos Q: how to automatically open a Photo folder on iPhone connection?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 iPhone Photos Q: how to automatically open a Photo folder on iPhone connection?: Is it possible to automatically open a folder for photo when iPhone is connected ?Shortcut, is not automatic, but still cannot be created as shown below...
  3. Windows 10 iPhone Photos Q: how to automatically open a Photo folder on iPhone connection?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 iPhone Photos Q: how to automatically open a Photo folder on iPhone connection?: Is it possible to automatically open a folder for photo when iPhone is connected ?Shortcut, is not automatic, but still cannot be created as shown below...
  4. Windows 10 iPhone Photos Q: how to automatically open a Photo folder on iPhone connection?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Viewing files on external hard drive

Viewing files on external hard drive: I'm trying to view the files on my external hard drive My Passport for Mac using a Windows 10 laptop. I can see the drive and the Properties but I can't view the files. It is telling me to right click the hard drive icon but that doesn't help. What is the easiest way to...
  6. My windows file explorer crashes when I open an external hard drive.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My windows file explorer crashes when I open an external hard drive.: Hello everyone, I am using windows 10 and the external drive worked fine until yesterday, I didn't dropped it or anything it just suddenly stopped working on my laptop, it just crashes the file explorer, sometimes even the whole PC. Some information that will probably be...
  7. My windows file explorer crashes when I open an external hard drive.

My windows file explorer crashes when I open an external hard drive.: Hello everyone, I am using windows 10 and the external drive worked fine until yesterday, I didn't dropped it or anything it just suddenly stopped working on my laptop, it just crashes the file explorer. Some information that will probably be needed. The laptop works with...
  8. my all opened files are automatically getting closed when i connect my hard disk to laptop

my all opened files are automatically getting closed when i connect my hard disk to laptop: my all opened files are automatically getting closed when I connect my hard disk to the laptop I'm using windows 10 pro which is pre-installed at the time of purchase...
  9. Why won't ny portable hard drive open automatically when inserted?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Why won't ny portable hard drive open automatically when inserted?: Why won't ny portable hard drive open automatically when inserted? When I insert my Seagate portable hard drive into the computer, it no longer opens automatically; I have the autoplay set to "open folder to view files", but it no longer opens automatically. Can anyone...
  10. Photos automatically opening when iPhone connected

in Windows 10 Customization
    Photos automatically opening when iPhone connected: How do I please stop photos from opening on startup in Windows 10 when my iphone is connected – I have disconnected iTunes from Start Up so this is not the issue. Thanks....