Windows 10: Windows 10 Won't Automatically Sleep After Latest Windows Update

Discus and support Windows 10 Won't Automatically Sleep After Latest Windows Update in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Since the last Windows Update, my Windows 10 computers won't automatically go to sleep after set time. I can still manually put them to sleep, but it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Stigg, Dec 15, 2017.

1. Stigg Win User

Windows 10 Won't Automatically Sleep After Latest Windows Update

Since the last Windows Update, my Windows 10 computers won't automatically go to sleep after set time.
    I can still manually put them to sleep, but it would be good if auto sleep worked again.

Any ideas? *Think

:)

Stigg, Dec 15, 2017

2. Automatically restart.

hi,

my pc automatically restarting sometimes without my permission after update latest version windows10, please solve this issue.

Moved From: Windows / Windows 10 / Sleep and Power on/off

betaraju P, Dec 15, 2017
  3. Computer won't go to sleep or turn off display automatically

I recently upgraded to Windows 10 and since I upgraded my computer won't turn off the display or enter sleep mode automatically. I currently have my computer set to turn off the display after 1 minute and go to sleep after 5 minutes. However, when my computer
    isn't logged in it will turn off the display and go to sleep automatically but it won't do it when it is logged in. Is there any idea how to fix this problem?

Perty Lady Ariel, Dec 15, 2017
  4. Windows 10 Won't Automatically Sleep After Latest Windows Update

Hi Stigg.

First thing I would try is to restoring the defaults for the power plan.

Start > System > Power & Sleep > Additional Power Settings

Note which plan you are using. Is it a vendor plan?

Click on link Change plan Settings > Restore default settings for this plan

Restart and test.

If it still won't go to sleep on its own open a command prompt (admin) or Power Shell (admin) (right click Start) and enter

powercfg /requests

Ken

Caledon Ken, Dec 17, 2017
  5. Stigg Win User
    Hi Ken.

It was on Balanced (Recommended) 10 and 30.
    I tried restoring default anyway.

See how that goes.

With powercfg /requests, I get "An audio stream is currently in use".

Stigg, Dec 17, 2017
  6. Okay, that is the reason. Lets see what Professor Google has to say.

Are you streaming, maybe an app running in background? ( a connection to a home server )

There are settings in the Advance power options for multi media. Should have been a link to advance just above restore defaults.

It's late where I am, I check on what you found in morning.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Dec 17, 2017
  7. Stigg Win User
    Under the Multimedia Settings, I changed "When sharing media" from "Prevent idling to sleep" to "Allow the computer to sleep".

See how that goes. *Smile

Edit: No, that's still not working. *Sad

Stigg, Dec 17, 2017
  8. Windows 10 Won't Automatically Sleep After Latest Windows Update

I googled I you likely did.

Please open device manager and see if you have any adapters in trouble, yellow exclamation marks?

Next is your audio driver being correctly identified or in others words if you have ABC audio is it listed as ABC audio?

Have you tried to update your audio driver?

While not a fix I saw a suggestion of removing USB devices, one person diagnosed the Microsoft wireless game controller was causing stream.

Another mention problem started when he allow Hey Cortana to be activated.

Youo will see all kinds of hits... wish I knew your cause.

Caledon Ken, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Won't Automatically Sleep After Latest Windows Update

1. Windows 10 Won't Automatically Sleep After Latest Windows Update - Similar Threads - Won't Automatically Sleep

2. Windows Won't Boot After Latest Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Won't Boot After Latest Update: TL;DR at the end of the post.I performed a Windows Update last night before bed. Now my computer won't boot to Windows and instead just goes into the BIOS/UEFI. I had Windows 11 installed on my NVMe drive.Here's what I have tried so far:I made a Windows 11 Creation USB.I...
  3. Windows 10 won't go to sleep automatically

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 won't go to sleep automatically: My windows 10 desktop pc won't go to sleep automatically. I've changed the power settings to put my screen and pc to sleep after 30 minutes of inactivity but only my monitor goes to sleep. If i do it by the power button it goes to sleep immediately. There's no apps running as...
  4. Windows 10 won't go to sleep automatically

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 won't go to sleep automatically: My windows 10 desktop pc won't go to sleep automatically. I've changed the power settings to put my screen and pc to sleep after 30 minutes of inactivity but only my monitor goes to sleep. If i do it by the power button it goes to sleep immediately. There's no apps running as...
  5. Windows 10 won't go to sleep automatically

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Windows 10 won't go to sleep automatically

Windows 10 won't go to sleep automatically: Windows 10 x64 Desktop PC, always plugged in It will not enter Sleep automatically, in performance or balanced power mode. It will go to Sleep when I press Start Menu / Power / Sleep. Is there a solution or a utility that will scan and find the problem?...
  7. Windows 10 won't go to sleep automatically

Windows 10 won't go to sleep automatically: I'm running Windows 10 Pro 20H2 and recently discovered it had stopped going to sleep automatically. The Sleep function worked OK manually and waking up was not an issue, but my Sleep settings were simply not working. I followed the numerous postings on this issue and tried...
  8. Latest windows 10 automatic update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Latest windows 10 automatic update: Hi all, After the recent windows 10 auto update my computer will not go to desktop anymore. It looks like it is caught in some sort of loop and all I get is a black screen. When I hit cntrl+alt+del I get the screen where I can change user, restart, lock etc. Restarting is...
  9. Windows 10 won't go to sleep automatically

Windows 10 won't go to sleep automatically: For about 2 weeks, my Windows 10 will no longer go to sleep automatically, based on the power options. The display still turns off automatically. I can still put it to sleep manually. But it never goes to sleep automatically anymore, after the set amount of time. Prior...
  10. Windows 10 won't boot after latest update

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 won't boot after latest update: I have a laptop that applied the 1803 update yesterday. After it got done, it came up to a screen asking what language keyboard to use. After clicking US, it came up to the Recovery screen with the options for Continue (Exit and continue to Windows Rollback) Use another OS...