Windows 10: Windows 10 won't boot after data disk failure

Discus and support Windows 10 won't boot after data disk failure in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So, I've got 5 disks in my PC One NVMe SSD where Windows 10 is installed, set as first boot disk in BIOS A couple SSDs and another couple of HDDs. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by prtzzzzzzz, Jan 14, 2021.

1. Windows 10 won't boot after data disk failure

So, I've got 5 disks in my PC
    One NVMe SSD where Windows 10 is installed, set as first boot disk in BIOS
    A couple SSDs and another couple of HDDs.
    The HDDs are configured on RAID 0 from the Windows utility no 3rd party drivers, controllers, etc...
    One of the HDDs were at risk for some weeks and it looks like it finally broke.

The problem is that Windows won't boot now, it sometimes tries to fix the broken disk, other times it just gets to a black screen but won't boot. Remember Windows is installed in the first SSD.

If I deactivate the SATA ports on the BIOS it will boot again, why would Windows boot break because of the fail of a data disk?

:)

prtzzzzzzz, Jan 14, 2021

2. Disk boot failure!!!

You can format the disk with like fdisk or something. A linux disk would make more sense but you say it won`t boot....

francis511, Jan 14, 2021
  3. Disk Boot Failure!

No, I wasn't able to boot either disk. Only: BOOT DISK FAILURE, INSERT SYSTEM DISK AND PRESS ENTER.

Franklinwallbrown, Jan 14, 2021
  4. Windows 10 won't boot after data disk failure

Disk Boot Failure!

Checking now...THx

...It didn't work ktr! It still says: DISK BOOT FAILURE, INSERT SYSTEM DISK AND PRESS ENTER

Franklinwallbrown, Jan 14, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 won't boot after data disk failure

1. Windows 10 won't boot after data disk failure - Similar Threads - won't boot data

2. Computer won't boot after deleting data partition

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer won't boot after deleting data partition: I have three drives. Disk 0: Samsung 870 EVO 2.5" SATA SSD (1TB) Disk 1: WD Blue 3.5" SATA HD (1TB) Disk 2: WD Blue 3.5" SATA HD (1TB) I have a dual-boot: Windows 10 Pro 20H2 on C:\ on Disk 0 Windows 7 Home on K:\ on Disk 2 If I delete partition F:\ on Disk 0 I can no longer...
  3. Win 10 won't boot after disk check

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win 10 won't boot after disk check: Hello, today as usual I wanted to check and clean the c: ssd drive on which win 10 is installed. It started, and almost immediately found errors and wanted me to restart the PC. I pressed okay, it started loading and Bam, blue screen error. No worries after PC restart it...
  4. 100% Disk Usage + CD/DVD Disk Boot Failure on Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    100% Disk Usage + CD/DVD Disk Boot Failure on Windows 10: Recently I’ve been having issues with my disk and computer over all. Starting a couple days ago, I began having occasional trouble booting my computer. It would go through the brief BIOS/CMOS screen stuff about IDE Channel masters and slaves which I’m not familiar with as...
  5. Boot Disk Won't Work

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Boot Disk Won't Work: My Windows 8.1Pro PC (self made, so there's no manufacturer) got a corrupted OS after an update. No matter what I tried, I couldn't get the computer to repair itself. I used the Windows Creation Tool to make a USB boot disk for Windows 10 and tried to install that on my PC....
  6. Windows 10 Won't boot.. Repairing disk errors

Windows 10 Won't boot.. Repairing disk errors: I have a Toshiba Satellitle i7 Windows 10 wont start first showing automatic repair then, "Repairing disk errors. This might take over an hour to complete"... and nothing happens over 4 hours. I cannot even get into advance settings or command prompt even when I press F2,...
  7. Disk boot failure after removing old Vista partition

Disk boot failure after removing old Vista partition: While installing Windows 10 on an old computer I met a puzzling problem I can’t seem to be able to solve. I’m currently unable to boot from any device kind of device or media, and have to ask for professional help. The setup has an IDE DVD-drive (set to master), and two SATA...
  8. Windows 10 won't boot after installing Linux on the same disk

Windows 10 won't boot after installing Linux on the same disk: I wanted to set up my PC to dual-boot Windows 10 or KDE Neon (a Linux distribution based on Ubuntu). I already had Win10 and I wanted to put Ubuntu on the same SSD. Apparently I messed something up because now when I boot Windows 10, the following happens: I get a screen with...
  9. Boot failure, Windows won't boot from drive.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Boot failure, Windows won't boot from drive.: When I started my computer up today I got "Reboot and Select proper Boot device or Insert Boot Media in selected Boot device and press a key",restarting returns the same error, selecting the drive in BIOS and booting up does nothing. I burned "Bootable rescue disk - Windows...
  10. Windows 10 (Disk boot failure) more info inside

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 (Disk boot failure) more info inside: Hello WindowsTenForums I was wondering if anybody can help me with this problem I seem to have, I used to run windows 7 flawlessly on my SSD with no problems at all, I upgraded to windows 10 a while back and that was fine. But for some reason a few months on windows 10...