Windows 10: Windows 10 won't boot after freezing up and clean shutdown

Discus and support Windows 10 won't boot after freezing up and clean shutdown in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; My mom's computer suddenly won't boot. The system continually goes into the automatic repair process on boot, does a diagnostic gets a stop code of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by msowards, Oct 27, 2018.

1. msowards Win User

Windows 10 won't boot after freezing up and clean shutdown

My mom's computer suddenly won't boot. The system continually goes into the automatic repair process on boot, does a diagnostic gets a stop code of 0000011a or 0000021a , can't fix what ever it has detected then displays the shutdown option or Advanced option.
    In the Advanced options I've tried a system restore from a few days ago, it errors out. The I tried one from last week - this time it errored and I saw the message that the restore point file was corrupted.
    Then I tried safemode multiple different levels of safe mode each does not boot, but goes into the Automatic repair mode after not booting.
    So next I went into the CMD prompt Here I think I might be getting some good info - the cmd prompt has the message at the very top that some cmd was not able to run because if insufficient systems resources.
    Next I tried a reset it went all the way to 90% done then rebooted and and upon reboot instead of the error message I got the typical win10 rotating circle and a message saying "Undoing Changes" it rebooted twice during this process saying "Undoing Changes" and then started repeating the There was an error in starting your machine automatic repair will try to find and fix the error.
    So I did look at the bios and system reports 4 1 GB DIMMs, but there is not testing. The Drive is reporting bacl, but once again the old Dell 745 Optiplex is not testing the drive and all the old Del emergency management software has long ago been lost with the new HD replacement.
    I'm at a loss at what steps I could take next.... Any Ideas?

:)

msowards, Oct 27, 2018

2. Windows 10 freezing on shutdown

Hi Helen,

I suggest you to boot the computer to Safe Mode and check if the issue occurs. If the issue do not occur in Safe Mode, I suggest you to set the computer in a clean boot state and check, if it helps.

Step 1:

I suggest you to refer the article and check if it helps.

Windows Startup Settings (including safe mode).

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/change-startup-settings-in-windows-10#v1h=tab01

Step 2:

If the issue do not occur in Safe Mode, perform a clean boot and check. Setting the system in a clean boot state will help to identify if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue.

How to perform a clean boot in Windows.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Disclaimer: After clean boot troubleshooting steps, refer to the section "How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot" in the provided link to return your computer to Normal startup mode.

Hope the above information helps. Reply with necessary information and the result to help you further.

AntonyJose, Oct 27, 2018
  3. zbook Win User
    Volume Mute Light won´t change color

Which steps did you perform? Was this from a clean boot?
    Open administrative command prompt and type or copy and paste this command: shutdown /r /o /f /t 00
    It will boot to the recovery options or windows advanced troubleshooting menu.
    Click troubleshooting and click reset this computer. You will be saving files. Applications and programs will be removed. Windows will be reinstalled.
    Enter your windows logon password.
    You will see getting things ready with rotating dots.
    Click resetting this PC.
    It will then display the HP logo with resetting this PC with rotating dots and a percentage.

zbook, Oct 27, 2018
  4. AntonT93 Win User

Windows 10 version 1709 - Freezes

I tried clean boot before and it won`t help.

Since last message i had no freezes. I hope it will remain like that. I will let you know if i get another freeze.

AntonT93, Oct 27, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 won't boot after freezing up and clean shutdown - Similar Threads - won't boot freezing

2. Windows 10 Won't Shutdown after Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Won't Shutdown after Update: After auto-install of KB5017308 on 9/25/2022, my system hangs on shutdown, either RESTART or SHUTDOWN. I uninstalled the update and operations returned to normal. After two days, Windows UPDATE reinstalled it again, and again I was unable to Restart or Shutdown. I immediately...
  3. Windows 10 Won't Shutdown after Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Won't Shutdown after Update: After auto-install of KB5017308 on 9/25/2022, my system hangs on shutdown, either RESTART or SHUTDOWN. I uninstalled the update and operations returned to normal. After two days, Windows UPDATE reinstalled it again, and again I was unable to Restart or Shutdown. I immediately...
  4. Windows 10 Won't Shutdown after Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. PC won't boot after windows 10 clean installation

PC won't boot after windows 10 clean installation: I reinstalled windows 10 20H2 in my windows 8.1 with bing lenovo laptop. After reinstalling windows 10, the pc restarts but stuck in black screen, black with backlight only, not even showing lenovo logo. But when I forced restart through power button, the pc boot without...
  6. WIndows 10 freezes even in Clean Boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    WIndows 10 freezes even in Clean Boot: Hey guys, this is kinda my last resort. Im experiencing issues for weeks now. _________________________________________________________________________ HARDWARE: GPU: MSI GTX 1660 Gaming X - 6GB - PCIe Mainboard: Asus Rog Maximus CPU: Intel i7 8700K 3,7GHz Coffee...
  7. Windows 10 clean install on laptop won't boot after installing

Windows 10 clean install on laptop won't boot after installing: Reinstalling Windows on a family member's computer, installed it enough times over the years, so didn't expect to get a problem. I've formatted the hard drive, deleted all partitions, after installing windows doesn't boot after restarting for the first time. It just gets...
  8. Computer won't boot up after shutdown or after going into hibernation

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer won't boot up after shutdown or after going into hibernation: This is the exact problem I am having. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hiberfilsys-missing-boot-and-hibernation-issues/d7b70041-2871-4b71-b186-192f2ac6137a I turned off faststartfastboot and now it turns on fine after a shutdown but it will not turn...
  9. Windows freezes during boot after a normal restart or shutdown. After a forced shutdown it...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows freezes during boot after a normal restart or shutdown. After a forced shutdown it...: I'm very sure this issue is hardware related as it only happens on two of my systems with very similar Supermicro motherboards, X9DAE and X9DRi-LN+. Linux always boots without problems....
  10. Windows 10 won't boot after clean install

Windows 10 won't boot after clean install: Just build a new PC, not my first rodeo. I put everything together without any problems, plugged it in. Verified everything was registering in BIOS, no problems. Inserted Windows 10 Home install USB and booted into the installer. Went into installer and entered Key code. Went...