Windows 10: Windows 10 won't boot after i unplug my second HDD that contain window

Discus and support Windows 10 won't boot after i unplug my second HDD that contain window in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, i am really confused here, i am quite okay when it comes to computing but this i really never faced before, and i have looked for it all over the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by PYTGamer, Jun 9, 2020.

1. PYTGamer Win User

Windows 10 won't boot after i unplug my second HDD that contain window

Hi, i am really confused here, i am quite okay when it comes to computing but this i really never faced before, and i have looked for it all over the web but seems to no one have a clue, so to start i have 2 HDD one is 1TB WD Green and it's the one that i have installed the W10 on it and the other one is 250GB WD Bleu and it contain the W7 on it since 2012/2013, so the story is that i am hearing a weird noise from time to time coming out of my HDD (this is the sound you can hear at second 4 and 7

https://youtu.be/RQ7SjlMjIQg
    should i be worried?) i don't know which one is it but it's probably the Bleu WD so since the current situation that we're living on (Covid-19) here where i am staying it's not possible to find a store that sell a Hard Drive (Probable one), that is why i am really worried about my data, and i decided to copy my important files to the Bleu WD HDD, unplug it and leave it till i find a chance to buy a new one, move my stuff and make a backup, but when i did that and started the Machine i got a message at the start after the bip "there's no operation system on your HDD press ctrl alt suppr to restart" something like this msg, i was surprised so i thought is my W10 installed on my other 250GB WD Bleu when i am pretty sure that it's on WD Green so i have unplug the 1TB Green one and plugged back the Bleu WD and since to get access to Windows 7 my system have to pass to windows 10 then choose which one to boot to, but i got a blue sky screen Recovery (Your PC/Device needs to be repaired) i hope if there's anyone here can tell me how to fix this problem since i don't know how this is really get mixed between the two HDD thanks in advance.

please check my images for more details thanks:

first of all this is first thing when i turn on my pc never had this before (but it happened with all the cases now (2 HDD plugged, The Blue one only plugged or the Green WD only too)) i guess it doesn't matter
    00-No-Drives-found — ImgBB

this is the recovery that shown when i plugged my windows 7 HDD and it showing cause it need to go through win 10 to make me choose which system i boot to
    20200609-052244 — ImgBB

those are my sections:
    00-Windows-10-installed-indicated-drive — ImgBB

this is the C Section which contain the Windows 10 files
    01-C-windows-folder-size — ImgBB

this is the D Section which contain the Windows 7 files
    03-C-windows-folder-size — ImgBB

this is a method that i found to confirm which version is installed on which driver and as you can see it's indication that Windows 10 is on the C Drive (WD Green 1TB)
    02-windows-version-confirmation — ImgBB

as you can see it's indication that Windows 7 is on the D Drive (WD Blue 250GB)
    04-windows-on-d-version-confirmation — ImgBB

this is where i am not able to understand the boot page is on my 1TB WD Green which as i showed you my W10 is installed but the "active system" is written on the Blue 250GB WD.
    05-boot-page-and-system-active-confused-here — ImgBB

Just one thing in mind is it possible that i am wrong which windows is installed in which driver, if not please if there's anything to help me with do thanks in advance.

:)

PYTGamer, Jun 9, 2020
  2. PYTGamer Win User

Hi Berton, thanks for your replay, what are you suggesting so that i can boot to my windows 10? thanks

- - - Updated - - -

Ohh i am really sorry, why it's looking like that? let me fix it thanks.

PYTGamer, Jun 16, 2020
  3. Kari Win User

Please tell me how am I supposed to see and read your post? This is how it looks:

Windows 10 won't boot after i unplug my second HDD that contain window [​IMG]

4. Jborg Win User

windows 10 slow boot

I was having a slow boot issue on my Windows 7 install a little while back. It would take about 30 - 40 extra seconds to boot up for whatever reason.

I would try following these steps, while this didn't solve my issue, it did increase Read/Write to where it should be.

10 Tips for SSD Optimization in Windows 7 - Part 1

Looks to be similar to this: SSD Optimization for your Windows Gaming PC and Tips and Tricks

In the end, I had to reinstall my Windows 7 entirely to fix the booting issue. It was taking around 35 seconds to boot, and after the fresh install it takes about 7 seconds to boot.

Jborg, Jun 16, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 won't boot after i unplug my second HDD that contain window - Similar Threads - won't boot unplug

2. Windows 10 won't boot after second drive install

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 won't boot after second drive install: I have a 1tb m.2 with windows 10 and I was creating a sata ssd for my friend. I went through the normal process, the USB, setup, chose the correct disk and it worked perfectly fine, but now it recognizes my main drive as the second one and bios recognizes it as a bootable...
  3. Wont boot after i cleaned my second hdd

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wont boot after i cleaned my second hdd: Hi, i my computer decided to not work after i cleaned the data from my second hdd drive today. Let start from the begining, i hade a hdd drive as my first drive and i hade it for 3 years then i upgraded to a m,2 ssd 3 months ago. I cloned the data from the hdd drive to my m.2...
  4. Wont boot after i cleaned my second hdd

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wont boot after i cleaned my second hdd: Hi, i my computer decided to not work after i cleaned the data from my second hdd drive today. Let start from the begining, i hade a hdd drive as my first drive and i hade it for 3 years then i upgraded to a m,2 ssd 3 months ago. I cloned the data from the hdd drive to my m.2...
  5. Wont boot after i cleaned my second hdd

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. PC WON'T BOOT TO WINDOWS AFTER UNPLUGGING CABLES

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC WON'T BOOT TO WINDOWS AFTER UNPLUGGING CABLES: PC was working but suddenly won't boot to windows after unplugging cables.This PC was newly formatted.Reinstalled Windows 10 and it was working for 4 days until I unplugged all cables Power cord, VGA, USB [mouse and keyboard], LAN.Cables were unplugged because the unit needs...
  7. PC WON'T BOOT TO WINDOWS AFTER UNPLUGGING CABLES

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC WON'T BOOT TO WINDOWS AFTER UNPLUGGING CABLES: PC was working but suddenly won't boot to windows after unplugging cables.This PC was newly formatted.Reinstalled Windows 10 and it was working for 4 days until I unplugged all cables Power cord, VGA, USB [mouse and keyboard], LAN.Cables were unplugged because the unit needs...
  8. PC WON'T BOOT TO WINDOWS AFTER UNPLUGGING CABLES

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. Windows 10 won't boot automatic after HDD replace.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 won't boot automatic after HDD replace.: Hi dear community! I have got a tricky problem. I just want to switch SSD and HDD disks with installed Windows 10 between two laptops. But when I try to do that both machines say that there is no any bootable device found!!! Also I try to enter BIOS select boot device menu...
  10. Windows 10 won't boot after installing 2nd HDD

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 won't boot after installing 2nd HDD: Hello, So i have an MSI B450M Mortar Max mobo with a Kingston A2000 1TB NVME SSD, and i want to add an external 2TB HDD. But when i plug it in and try to start the pc it wont go past the boot logo. If i unplug it and plug it in while the pc is on it shows up as a normal HDD...