Windows 10: Windows 10 won't boot after install

Discus and support Windows 10 won't boot after install in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Bought a MSI u180 netbook second hand with windows 7 just to run some car diagnostics. The graphics drivers weren't set up so thought I'd upgrade to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Tartanb, May 4, 2021.

1. Tartanb Win User

Windows 10 won't boot after install

Bought a MSI u180 netbook second hand with windows 7 just to run some car diagnostics. The graphics drivers weren't set up so thought I'd upgrade to Windows 10. Went through the windows assistant and it was happy so installed it. Started up and all looked ok but didn't register or set it up. Started it up later to complete and it gets as far as the windows logo then says there's an graphics error, reboots, same again then goes to the diagnostic page. Have tried all the options but nothing gets it past that start up. If I put my windows key into Microsoft to go back to win 7 it's says it's a co

:)

Tartanb, May 4, 2021

2. Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, May 4, 2021
  3. tops Win User
    Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

tops, May 4, 2021
  4. Windows 10 won't boot after install

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, May 4, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 won't boot after install

1. Windows 10 won't boot after install - Similar Threads - won't boot install

2. Windows 10 won't boot after second drive install

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 won't boot after second drive install: I have a 1tb m.2 with windows 10 and I was creating a sata ssd for my friend. I went through the normal process, the USB, setup, chose the correct disk and it worked perfectly fine, but now it recognizes my main drive as the second one and bios recognizes it as a bootable...
  3. Windows 10 won't boot after second drive install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 won't boot after second drive install: I have a 1tb m.2 with windows 10 and I was creating a sata ssd for my friend. I went through the normal process, the USB, setup, chose the correct disk and it worked perfectly fine, but now it recognizes my main drive as the second one and bios recognizes it as a bootable...
  4. Windows 10 won't boot after second drive install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. PC won't boot after windows 10 clean installation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    PC won't boot after windows 10 clean installation: I reinstalled windows 10 20H2 in my windows 8.1 with bing lenovo laptop. After reinstalling windows 10, the pc restarts but stuck in black screen, black with backlight only, not even showing lenovo logo. But when I forced restart through power button, the pc boot without...
  6. Windows 10 clean install on laptop won't boot after installing

Windows 10 clean install on laptop won't boot after installing: Reinstalling Windows on a family member's computer, installed it enough times over the years, so didn't expect to get a problem. I've formatted the hard drive, deleted all partitions, after installing windows doesn't boot after restarting for the first time. It just gets...
  7. Windows 10 won't boot after installing 2nd HDD

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 won't boot after installing 2nd HDD: Hello, So i have an MSI B450M Mortar Max mobo with a Kingston A2000 1TB NVME SSD, and i want to add an external 2TB HDD. But when i plug it in and try to start the pc it wont go past the boot logo. If i unplug it and plug it in while the pc is on it shows up as a normal HDD...
  8. Windows 10 won't boot after new ram install

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 won't boot after new ram install: Hi, I just bought some new ram for my duel boot windows 10/Ubuntu machine, and after installing the new memory, Windows 10 keeps crashing during initial boot, Giving me multiple error messages that change every time that I try to boot. It also crashes when it tries to enter...
  9. Windows 10 won't boot after clean install

Windows 10 won't boot after clean install: Just build a new PC, not my first rodeo. I put everything together without any problems, plugged it in. Verified everything was registering in BIOS, no problems. Inserted Windows 10 Home install USB and booted into the installer. Went into installer and entered Key code. Went...
  10. Laptop won't boot after installing Win 10

Laptop won't boot after installing Win 10: I really have gotten myself into a bind here. Yesterday, I went to install Win 10 on an old laptop that I use for just browsing the web, and the kid uses to do homework, and sometimes play Starcraft. I had Win 7 Pro 32-bit installed on it. The installation went fine but then...