Windows 10: Windows 10 won’t boot after installing it

Discus and support Windows 10 won’t boot after installing it in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I recently got a new hard drive because my last on inexplicably stopped working. I was installing windows 10 on it, and it successfully installed it.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by jordaniel, Apr 21, 2020.

1. jordaniel Win User

Windows 10 won’t boot after installing it

I recently got a new hard drive because my last on inexplicably stopped working. I was installing windows 10 on it, and it successfully installed it. However, it said it had to restart it, but once it did, it just went straight back to the install screen. I know that windows 10 got installed on my hard drive, but my computer just will not recognize it to boot from the hard drive, it only sees the usb with the windows 10 installer. If anyone could help me and help me know why my computer refuses to recognize and boot from my hard drive even after trying most things

:)

jordaniel, Apr 21, 2020

2. Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, Apr 21, 2020
  3. tops Win User
    Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

4. Windows 10 won’t boot after installing it

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Apr 21, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 won’t boot after installing it

1. Windows 10 won’t boot after installing it - Similar Threads - won’t boot installing

2. Windows 10 won’t boot and won’t reinstall

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 won’t boot and won’t reinstall: Tricky question for anyone looking to earn some eternal gratitude today. My computer wont boot or reinstall windows 10 from usb. Had an error come up saying “repairing D: drive” on booting, stuck on that screen for hours and couldn’t get that to work. Tried various things but...
  3. Windows 10 won’t boot and won’t reinstall

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 won’t boot and won’t reinstall: Tricky question for anyone looking to earn some eternal gratitude today. My computer wont boot or reinstall windows 10 from usb. Had an error come up saying “repairing D: drive” on booting, stuck on that screen for hours and couldn’t get that to work. Tried various things but...
  4. Windows 10 won’t boot and won’t reinstall

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows won’t boot after installing Linux in a dual boot configuration

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows won’t boot after installing Linux in a dual boot configuration: I currently have windows 11 dual booting with Ubuntu Linux, each is installed on its own drive. The problem is I‘m unable to boot back into windows but all the data is still or appears to be available according to Linux....
  6. Windows won’t boot after installing Linux in a dual boot configuration

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows won’t boot after installing Linux in a dual boot configuration: I currently have windows 11 dual booting with Ubuntu Linux, each is installed on its own drive. The problem is I‘m unable to boot back into windows but all the data is still or appears to be available according to Linux....
  7. Windows won’t boot after new hard drive installation

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows won’t boot after new hard drive installation: I’m going to try to be as detailed as possible here. I know I made some mistakes along the way so I would like to both fix those issues as well as use the upgraded storage. Here I go. I recently got a new SSD, that’s not the important part, I put that into my laptop and all...
  8. Windows 10 won’t boot after installing secondary hard drive

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 won’t boot after installing secondary hard drive: Hi,After installing a new M2 drive into my PC, installing Windows etc, it all worked great. I then wanted to install my old M2 also, for the extra space. As I did so, the PC booted from the old drive, and the old became C:/ and new D:/. I have since been unable to boot from...
  9. Windows installed but won’t boot?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows installed but won’t boot?: Im having a lot of issues and its been that was since yesterday evening. Ive built a new pc and got my drive set up to install windows but every time i do, im sent back to the beginning installation menu. When i take out my usb after my computer restarts, it tells me i have...
  10. Windows 10 won’t boot after update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 won’t boot after update: My computer tried to update a couple of days ago and now Windows 10 will not boot. I googled endlessly trying to find solutions to the issue but I can’t seem to solve it. I tried turning it on and off. I tried booting in safe mode with and without networking. I tried to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. my pc wont boot up after a new hard drive

2. win 10 new install wont boot from hd on from windows boot