Windows 10: Windows 10 won't boot and windows subdirectories are missing!

Discus and support Windows 10 won't boot and windows subdirectories are missing! in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Windows 10 would not boot from my hard drive. The error code 0xc0000098 was reported along with missing or corrupt ntoskrnl.exe. Startup repair could... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by GN85, Sep 11, 2019.

1. GN85 Win User

Windows 10 won't boot and windows subdirectories are missing!

Windows 10 would not boot from my hard drive. The error code 0xc0000098 was reported along with missing or corrupt ntoskrnl.exe. Startup repair could not fix it and when I tried to revert to a restore point or restore from an image, it could not find any. When I ran the command prompt to use bootrec as suggested in other questions, an operating system was not found. When I looked at the drive using cd\ and the dir command, the windows folder was empty. I also noticed that the program file folder and the program file (x86) folder (and all the subfolders!) is missing. How can I recover the drive and all the missing files? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

:)

2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 11, 2019
  3. Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, Sep 11, 2019
  4. Windows 10 won't boot and windows subdirectories are missing!

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Sep 11, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 won't boot and windows subdirectories are missing!

1. Windows 10 won't boot and windows subdirectories are missing! - Similar Threads - won't boot subdirectories

2. Windows 10 won't boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 won't boot: My computer is turning on but the cpu light came on and windows isn't posting I took it to a shop snd they said it was operating system corruption they had fixed it by reinstalling windows which I'm not sure how they did because my monitor nor my keyboard or mouse and turning...
  3. Regular subdirectories missing and "location" tab missing in properties

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Regular subdirectories missing and "location" tab missing in properties: Hi - I hope someone can point me in the right direction. I am setting up a new PC which has an SSD C: for programs and HDD D: for data. I have successfully relocated the regular subdirectories Docs/photos etc. to the HDD for my profile, but when I attempt the same for other...
  4. Windows 10 won't boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 won't boot: Hi, my Windows 10 won't boot at all. It started when I installed something today with a registry issue. After that the PC slowed down so I tried rebooting. Now my PC is in a bootloop when it starts up. Windows logo and loading circle are permanently displayed and will not...
  5. Windows 10 won't boot

Windows 10 won't boot: Windows 10 operating system was working fine, besides running a little slow on startup, but it would shut down normally until I tried to start the PC, the screen goes black after the startup is started and it doesn't start the Windows icon or start login with password and try...
  6. After Windows 10 update, Boot pathway is missing and won't boot up

After Windows 10 update, Boot pathway is missing and won't boot up: My Asus laptop was working perfectly before the Windows 10 update. After that I had inserted a SD card to upload some pictures onto my computer. The laptop won't boot up now and has the "Secure Boot Violation" screen come up. After reading up on getting into the BIOS settings...
  7. windows 10 won't boot

windows 10 won't boot: I recently upgraded an ASUS desktop PC from windows 7 to windows 10. It worked fine for a time but now will not boot. Troubleshooting did not result in a fix. Trying to restart in safe mode I get the same messages that the PC is not starting correctlIy. I then tried resetting...
  8. Windows 10 won't boot

Windows 10 won't boot: I deleted two registry files to clear a problem with my external drive. Before that I exported a backup registry file on desktop but I couldn't import it back. After I restart the computer the computer and windows didn't boot saying error "inaccessible boot device" I tried...
  9. Windows 10 won't boot

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 won't boot: I tried to disable password at startup. Then it told me the password was wrong at startup then I entered the password and it let me in but would not let me access the start menu or control panel to change back what I did. I was unable to enter safe mode. Now when it starts it...
  10. Missing subdirectory in Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Missing subdirectory in Explorer: I have a directory called CARS with four subdirectories called FORD, CHEVY, DODGE and VW. These are not the real names but I rename them for simplication. The VW directory contains several files. I have been using these files for over a year. Today the VW subdirectory is...