Windows 10: Windows 10 won't boot from New SSD

Discus and support Windows 10 won't boot from New SSD in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I recently installed an SSD Barracuda 120 in my computer, I kept my original HDD as a secondary drive for storage, this morning after 3 days of normal... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Tony Poblete, May 31, 2021.

1. Windows 10 won't boot from New SSD

I recently installed an SSD Barracuda 120 in my computer, I kept my original HDD as a secondary drive for storage, this morning after 3 days of normal use, the SSD won't boot into Windows and I'm getting a BSOD Strttrail.txt Error, Windows is not able to repair it and it sends me on a loop.Since I did not delete any files from the original HDD yet, I was able to start Windows normally from there and I can access my SSD and its files without any trouble, the problem seems to come from the OS in the SSD when booting Windows.-chkdsk did not find any problems with the SSD.-I ran other tests and

:)

Tony Poblete, May 31, 2021
  2. Jborg Win User

windows 10 slow boot

I was having a slow boot issue on my Windows 7 install a little while back. It would take about 30 - 40 extra seconds to boot up for whatever reason.

I would try following these steps, while this didn't solve my issue, it did increase Read/Write to where it should be.

10 Tips for SSD Optimization in Windows 7 - Part 1

Looks to be similar to this: https://www.back2gaming.com/focus-story/ssd-optimization-for-windows-10-windows-8-and-8-1/

In the end, I had to reinstall my Windows 7 entirely to fix the booting issue. It was taking around 35 seconds to boot, and after the fresh install it takes about 7 seconds to boot.

Jborg, May 31, 2021
  3. New windows 10 installtion on New SSD - wont boot unless old SSD present

It seems you installed Windows while the both SSDs were connected. This would have caused your current problem. Maybe it is sufficient to do this:

1. Launch the Disk Manager.
    2. Right-click drive C:, then mark it as "active".
    3. Shut down Windows
    4. Open the BIOS and tell it that the new SSD is the primary boot device.
    5. Disconnect the old SSD.
    6. Boot up normally.

If this does not work then you might have to do this:

1. Disconnect the old SSD.
    2. Re-install Windows on the new SSD, using the Media Creation Tool.

Frederik Long, May 31, 2021
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 won't boot from New SSD

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 31, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 won't boot from New SSD

1. Windows 10 won't boot from New SSD - Similar Threads - won't boot SSD

2. New SSD Installed - Computer Won't Boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New SSD Installed - Computer Won't Boot: Ok so I have a new HP Pavilion Laptop 15t-eg300, 15.6". I bought a new hard drive and cloned the one from the laptop. I transferred all my files from my current computer to the new hard drive via USB. I finally replaced the old one with this one: Crucial P3 4TB PCIe Gen3 3D...
  3. New SSD Installed - Computer Won't Boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New SSD Installed - Computer Won't Boot: Ok so I have a new HP Pavilion Laptop 15t-eg300, 15.6". I bought a new hard drive and cloned the one from the laptop. I transferred all my files from my current computer to the new hard drive via USB. I finally replaced the old one with this one: Crucial P3 4TB PCIe Gen3 3D...
  4. New SSD won't boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New SSD won't boot: I just cloned my Windows 10 partition to a new SSD, but it won't boot. I had Windows set up to dual boot to Windows XP on another partition on the same HD when I cloned it. I did not move that XP partition to the SSD, is that possibly the reason it won't boot? When I try to...
  5. New SSD won't boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New SSD won't boot: I just cloned my Windows 10 partition to a new SSD, but it won't boot. I had Windows set up to dual boot to Windows XP on another partition on the same HD when I cloned it. I did not move that XP partition to the SSD, is that possibly the reason it won't boot? When I try to...
  6. New SSD won't boot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Windows won't boot from my new ssd

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows won't boot from my new ssd: I got a new ssd and cloned my old ssd(boot drive) to my new one. My computer wouldn't want to use it as a default boot drive so I booted windows on a disc and repaired the mrb but it still doesn't work. Does anyone else have any ideas and what to do next? submitted by...
  8. New M2.SSD Clone SSD won't boot Help

New M2.SSD Clone SSD won't boot Help: Hi all, I have bought a new M2.SSD. I have used Macrium reflect softwer to clone my SSD to My new M2.SSD,I have cloned all the partitions but unfortunately My PC won't boot up I Have change it on The Bios and selected as first drive to boot from but still won't boot As...
  9. Windows 10 won't boot from ssd

Windows 10 won't boot from ssd: I recently cloned windows from my HDD to my SSD on my bios it says that my HDD is the windows boot manager and not my SSD when I change the boot priorities to my SSD and i Boot my pc it says that : "Reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot...
  10. PC won't boot to Windows 10 from SSD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC won't boot to Windows 10 from SSD: I bought my PC years ago with only a HDD. I added a SSD myself afterwards. When I booted my PC after a hard shutdown/electricity fallout I had only my HDD in BIOS. I then boot from HDD, get an error and let the PC reboot. After a few times the SSD would be recognized in BIOS...