Windows 10: Windows 10 won't boot from NVMe SSD after Macrium copy from HDD

Discus and support Windows 10 won't boot from NVMe SSD after Macrium copy from HDD in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, As per the title: I have cloned a HDD Windows 10 and all other partitions to NVMe SSD using Macrium, which completed without any problems. I've... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Skellers1986, Jan 8, 2021.

1. Windows 10 won't boot from NVMe SSD after Macrium copy from HDD

Hi,

As per the title: I have cloned a HDD Windows 10 and all other partitions to NVMe SSD using Macrium, which completed without any problems.

I've then switched off the computer, removed the HDD and then tried to boot from the NVMe SSD, which results in BSOD.

Error code: 0xc000000e - a required device isn't connected or can't be accessed.

I've checked and can confirm that the NVMe SSD is visible in the boot sequence within UEFI environment.

I have tried using a bootable USB with Windows 10 ISO installed to repair the OS... but to no avail.

Please can someone help me sort this out? Any recommendations?

Thanks in advance.

Windows 10 won't boot from NVMe SSD after Macrium copy from HDD [​IMG]

:)

Skellers1986, Jan 8, 2021

2. Re-installing windows 10 on new NVMe SSD

I am about to upgrade my HP laptop with a NVMe SSD. My laptop came with pre-installed windows 10 Home Single language in HDD.

I want to install windows 10 into NVMe SSD. I like to know the safest process involved to do so. I went trough some website suggesting to use third party software to clone the OS , do some changes in BIOS setting. Can I just make a recovery USB from recovery
    drive in windows and then boot the laptop and install OS in NVMe and format the C drive in HDD? OR is there any other way ?

GAUTHAM KUMAR MOKA, Jan 8, 2021
  3. cloning hdd to NVMe m.2

if i clone my hdd to a nvme m.2 using something like macrium will windows use the right driver for nvme on boot or would i need to reinstall to get correct drivers

Crocodile_aligator, Jan 8, 2021
  4. Windows 10 won't boot from NVMe SSD after Macrium copy from HDD

NVME SSD

Tried this, and windows still didn't see the nvme ssd. It was a brand new nvme ssd right out of the box. Nothing works.

AdrianLucke72, Jan 8, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 won't boot from NVMe SSD after Macrium copy from HDD

1. Windows 10 won't boot from NVMe SSD after Macrium copy from HDD - Similar Threads - won't boot NVMe

2. Booting from an external nvme ssd

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Booting from an external nvme ssd: So i have a nvme m2 usb drive that i have Ubuntu on, and have successfully booted into on windows on my main computer.However i need to do it on my laptop and this seems to be a problem. I don't know why but i just cant seem to. I disabled secure boot, i tried it through usbc...
  3. Booting from an external nvme ssd

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Booting from an external nvme ssd: So i have a nvme m2 usb drive that i have Ubuntu on, and have successfully booted into on windows on my main computer.However i need to do it on my laptop and this seems to be a problem. I don't know why but i just cant seem to. I disabled secure boot, i tried it through usbc...
  4. Booting from an external nvme ssd

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. HDD to SSD NVME not booting after clone

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    HDD to SSD NVME not booting after clone: Here is my issues, after cloning, I can find the SSD but once boot with that the screen is hanging. Have to use HDD to boot. Please help how to modify it. Do I need to redo it. [img] [img] 175565
  6. Cloned HDD onto SSD, managed to boot from SSD, formatted HDD, now SSD won't boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cloned HDD onto SSD, managed to boot from SSD, formatted HDD, now SSD won't boot: Full details - I bought a new Samsung SSD for my laptop, put it into the spare M.2 NVME slot, cloned my OEM installed SSD onto it using Samsung Data Migration, removed the OEM SSD, booted from the new one and it worked like a charm. Now, I tried to do the same thing with my...
  7. Windows boot slow after Cloning Windows 10 from Sata SSD to Nvme SSD.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows boot slow after Cloning Windows 10 from Sata SSD to Nvme SSD.: I installed a new M. 2 nvme (Samsung Evo 970 plus) ssd on my system and transferred OS( Windows 10 build 2004) from my Sata( Samsung evo 860 250gb) ssd using samsung data migration software. It worked well,OS was transferred successfully and was booting up well like normal...
  8. Windows 10 won't boot from SSD, forced to use HDD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 won't boot from SSD, forced to use HDD: A few weeks ago, my pc stopped booting Windows 10 from my SSD. I had cloned the os from my HDD about 10 months ago, and have had zero issues up until recently. Nothing had changed so I am unsure as to why the SSD can't boot windows 10. When I go into BIOS, all drives show up...
  9. Copying Windows 10 to new SSD from existing HDD while upgrading to SSD from HDD.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Copying Windows 10 to new SSD from existing HDD while upgrading to SSD from HDD.: Hi, I'm thinking about updating my 2 years old laptop from HDD to SSD. Since my HDD is still in working condition, I plan to use it as an external HDD. I have a pre-installed Windows 10 Home on my laptop.Is it possible for me to transfer it to the new SSD while upgrading?...
  10. SSD not booting Windows 10 after cloning from HDD.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    SSD not booting Windows 10 after cloning from HDD.: I recently purchased a Sandisk 120GB SSD to use for running my OS from. I formatted the disk as normal then ran the EaseUS todo backup to clone the data. The cloning seemed to be successful as the SSD had all the data from the HDD including Windows 10. However when I try...