Windows 10: Windows 10 won’t boot, I installed it from a usb stick and gave the pc to my friend and...

Discus and support Windows 10 won’t boot, I installed it from a usb stick and gave the pc to my friend and... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/OstrichFull2185 [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/OstrichFull2185, Jan 27, 2021.

1. Windows 10 won’t boot, I installed it from a usb stick and gave the pc to my friend and...

/u/OstrichFull2185, Jan 27, 2021

2. Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, Jan 27, 2021
  3. thraxed Win User
    Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, Jan 27, 2021
  4. CK011885 Win User

Windows 10 won’t boot, I installed it from a usb stick and gave the pc to my friend and...

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Jan 27, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 won’t boot, I installed it from a usb stick and gave the pc to my friend and...

1. Windows 10 won’t boot, I installed it from a usb stick and gave the pc to my friend and... - Similar Threads - won’t boot installed

2. Windows 10 won’t install from USB

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 won’t install from USB: Last night my I go to turn on my pc and get the error code 0xc000000e. So I tried to reinstall Windows 10 using the backup USB drive I have. I go to try and reinstall windows and it is stuck at “Getting files ready for installation 0%”. It’s been stuck at 0 for 2 hours now,...
  3. Problems installing Windows 10 from USB stick.

Problems installing Windows 10 from USB stick.: Hello. I have built a desktop computer, and I am trying to install windows 10 on an M2 disk. I still have my system disk from the previous desktop, but as that is an HDD, I want to get rid of it to reduce ambient noise from the computer. I have created a windows 10...
  4. Error booting from a USB stick?

Error booting from a USB stick?: I have an 8gb botbar USB stick with Windows 10, when I plug it into my PC and want to boot from it, the message like in this picture appears. What can I do? I can't find the right solution. Thanks in advance! Picture source:...
  5. Booting Windows 7 from a USB stick

Booting Windows 7 from a USB stick: In Windows 7, which option do I choose to boot my laptop from a usb stick - USB Key, USB FDD or USB HDD? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/booting-windows-7-from-a-usb-stick/aa67b3fd-54d6-4220-b2ca-ed65acb9caf2
  6. How do I boot from my USB stick?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I boot from my USB stick?: Usually setting the Boot Order in BIOS is obvious but not sure with mine. Which do I select? How can I determine for certain whether Windows did boot from the USB stick? (Opening the image in a new tab will put it the correct way. Not sure why it is upside down here. Sorry...
  7. Can't boot from USB stick

Can't boot from USB stick: I have Windows 10 currently installed on my PC. I want to go back to Windows 7, and I have a USB stick with the Windows 7 setup files. When my computer is starting up, I press esc to open the bios menu, then select boot device, then I select the USB with the Windows 7 setup...
  8. Booting from USB stick or DVD

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Booting from USB stick or DVD: Imagine a computer where W10 is running on an SSD. I have a USB stick and/or a DVD which contain a bootable version of W10 (probably made from Microsoft's Media Creation Tool). After a fault, the plan is that after tickling F12 (in my case) the above bootable version could be...
  9. boot from USB stick?

in Windows 10 Support
    boot from USB stick?: Hi All, I just purchased a new windows 10, which came as a USB Flash stick and Im curious if I can use it as an emergency boot USB? in case computer wont boot normally? Thnx! 21792
  10. Installing Windows 10 Pro from USB Stick

Installing Windows 10 Pro from USB Stick: Hi, So, I can't find anything online about this, and I hope someone here can help! I'm building my own PC from scratch, and I want to install Windows 10 Pro, I bought the key and everything seemed OK. When I installed the Media Creation Tool from the Microsoft...