Windows 10: Windows 10 Won't Boot, No Safe Mode, sfc chkdsk and bootrec do not seem to fix issue, DISM...

Discus and support Windows 10 Won't Boot, No Safe Mode, sfc chkdsk and bootrec do not seem to fix issue, DISM... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; After several calls with Microsoft's technical support, countless hours roaming through forums, and multiple headaches, I had no choice but to turn to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JesusPimentel1, Oct 5, 2018.

1. Windows 10 Won't Boot, No Safe Mode, sfc chkdsk and bootrec do not seem to fix issue, DISM...

After several calls with Microsoft's technical support, countless hours roaming through forums, and multiple headaches, I had no choice but to turn to a public place where I can post the problem I had, because sadly not even the misguided people over at Microsoft Customer Service were willing nor able to help me with my issues. I recently built my new PC, and here are the specs before I identify my problem:

-Intel Core i7-8700 3.2GHz 6-Core Processor

-ASRock B360M Pro 4 MicroATX MoBo

-G.Skill Ripjaws 8GB DDR4-2400 Memory

-*Kingston-SSDNow UV400 240GB 2.5' Solid State Drive

-Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB Video Card

-EVGA BQ 500W PSU

-Windows 10

I would also like to affirm that my SSD is "Healthy" according to the command prompt indicators from using "diskpart" and 'list vol', as well as the bootable USB that I've been using to install Windows. I have reinstalled the program well over 10 times now, and each time the programand is installed and restarts, it gets me to the sign in screen or desktop no problem, but will restrict certain features like accessing the volume bar or Cortana or accessing networks. This prompts me to restart my computer in order to get a better identification of the problem, but as soon as I do that, the booting process wont even get me to the sign in screen, and gives me continuous errors from WerFault.Exe and LogonUI.exe, also prompting me to an infinite black screen. What I have been doing so far to assess these issues was to launch the Windows partition on my usb and clicking on Repair in order to get to the Command Prompt. I have inserted commands such as chkdsk which will erratically tell me that either the service found no problems or that Winows checked the file system and found problems. I cannot tell what controls the type of message to appear, but nevertheless I have been getting both of these. Whenever I do get a problem, i perform chkdsk /f, and Almost every single time the system tells me "Windows has scanned the file system and found no problems." But tells me "Failed to transfer logged messages to the even log with Status 50."

In an effort to get this to work, I go back on diskpart and i selected the proper Volume. I entered the command attribute disk clear readonly and the system tells me : DiskPart failed to clear disk attributes. With this only increasing my frustration, I exit diskpart and type in SFC /scannow. The system is scanned as usual, and upon completion I am being told that Windows Resource Protection did not find any Integrity Violations. Then i run bootrec.exe, my final and only known hope left for a solution to this issue. /FixBoot says the operation completed successfully, but /FixBoot says "Access is Denied". /ScanOs says I have 0 Windows installations on my drive, meaning that /RebuildBCD does not work even though it says The operation completed successfully. DISM does not work and gives me error 50 no matter what command i issue, and gives me a screen telling me that DISM does not support servicing Windows PE with the /Online option. Any help on this issue at hand would be greatly appreciated, and I would like to remind people reading this that I cannot access Registry Keys or Driver Updates of any kind due to the fact that I can't even get my system to boot properly. I have confirmed that this issue is not due to errors or improper installation of Windows 10 to the USB; I have tried installing the OS on 3 different USB's and 2 Different Computers and I still have this issue of not being able to boot up with proper functionality. Also, I have checked and affirmed that all my cables are properly plugged in, and that the correct ports are being used. If you think this issue may pertain to a BIOS/UEFI issue please let me know in the comments because I have yet to contact my MoBo customer support (ASRock doesnt even have live customer support and I am doubtful when it comes to sending posts or complaints like these that won't receive immediate attention). Again, any help would be very greatly appreciated, and thank you for taking the time to read this. I have been frantically looking for answers to my solution for well over a week now, and it seems that my issue is a severe case.

:)

JesusPimentel1, Oct 5, 2018

2. Eternal safe mode (windows 10)

Yea, but if something corrupts it won't detect anything. I would use the DISM command to check the health and then restore it. I usually just skip the health check and just do a Health restore. Then after the Health restore then I do the sfc /scannow command.

Check Health
    Code: DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth[/quote] Scan Health
    Code: DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth[/quote] Restore Health
    Code: DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth[/quote] sfc
    Code: sfc /scannow[/quote] first I would do what @Solaris17 said to check his boot record. *Toast :toast: Also, a fresh start and keep his files like you suggested is a good option as well. *Toast :toast: Maybe even check to see if he has any restore points.

Mindweaver, Oct 7, 2018
  3. Kem Mon Win User
    windows 10 cannot boot from media both USB and DVD, and only has windows boot manager as an option in the BIOS

Hi Joseph,

Based on the details you have provided, kindly elaborate to us what are the troubleshooting steps you have done
    so far aside from what you have mentioned? We need to know what are the troubleshooting that you have done so that we can avoid on providing you another troubleshooting steps that you have already performed. And based on the error message, error code, and
    the files you have provided, can you access safe mode
    and
    run the System File Checker (SFC)?
    System File Checker (SFC) can
    fix and replace damaged or corrupted, and missing registry or system files. If you are able to access
    safe mode, you can run these following commands after the
    System File Checker (SFC):

Run SFC Scan:  

SFC
    will
    scan
    and
    run
    an
    automatic repair
    to any
    corrupted system files
    that it will detect. We suggest that you perform it twice. To run an
    SFC scan, follow these steps:  

• Run
      Command Prompt as Administrator.  

• Type
      sfc /scannow
      and hit
      Enter.   

Boot Record:

This will fix the corruptions on
    boot records or boot
    sequence. To run this command, follow these steps:

• Run

• Type the following command:  

• Bootrec /fixMBR  

• Bootrec /fixBoot

• Bootrec /rebuildBCD  

Run DISM Tool:  

DISM
    will
    restore any Corrupted System Image
    that causes the
    issues
    on your
    icons, applications, and other hardware or software devices. To perform
    DISM, follow these steps:  

• Run

• Type the following command:  

• DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /scanhealth  

• DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth  

NOTE:
    This might take a while to finish scanning.
    Do not cancel.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Oct 7, 2018
  4. Windows 10 Won't Boot, No Safe Mode, sfc chkdsk and bootrec do not seem to fix issue, DISM...

Strange-DISM SFC work in safe mode, but not in regular boot?

Curious where the issues could be. I posted last night that when I was trying to run DISM or SFC a small second window would appear and close and then the processs would not start at all. It would just sit there and do nothing. The other thing is I could not close those cmd windows where sfc and dism were not working even via task manager. I was going to do a reset of windows, but I thought I would give something one last try. I booted into safe mode with networking and dism and sfc ran perfectly and completed. I am at work right now. I haven't tried to go to desktop on regular boot. I was going to do a couple more sfc dism when I got home to make sure things were fixed. My question is what could cause dism and or sfc to run perfectly in safe mode, but not on regular boot?

pittguy578, Oct 7, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Won't Boot, No Safe Mode, sfc chkdsk and bootrec do not seem to fix issue, DISM...

1. Windows 10 Won't Boot, No Safe Mode, sfc chkdsk and bootrec do not seem to fix issue, DISM... - Similar Threads - Won't Boot Safe

2. Windows won't boot and won't enter safe mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows won't boot and won't enter safe mode: Hello, i recently went on a trip and when i arrived back my pc booted but then proceeded to not show any desktop icons and continusly switch between the normal curser and the loading curser. After wating for about 3min i restarted my pc. This time it got stuck on the windows...
  3. Can't boot, failed startup repair, uninstall updates/features, safe mode, SFC and DISM

Can't boot, failed startup repair, uninstall updates/features, safe mode, SFC and DISM: Hello, I've been having a lot of WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR BSOD lately. At a certain point, trying to debug it, I've had one of them during start up. After that, I've had some CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED BSODs and Win10 won't boot. From now on, Win10 just won't boot, but fails...
  4. How to properly use SFC and DISM to fix no boot?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How to properly use SFC and DISM to fix no boot?: Hi everyone. I'm not sure if I'm in the right section, but I have a no boot situation on Windows 10. I think its version 1909 but I'm not certain, I'm not sure how to check in the recovery environment. Automatic repair fails and it dumps me the blue screen and Advance...
  5. How to properly use SFC and DISM to fix no boot?

How to properly use SFC and DISM to fix no boot?: Hi everyone. I'm not sure if I'm in the right section, but I have a no boot situation on Windows 10. I think its version 1909 but I'm not certain, I'm not sure how to check in the recovery environment. Automatic repair fails and it dumps me the blue screen and Advance...
  6. Windows Update Error: 0x80070490. SFC, DISM, Update Troubleshooter, Clean Boot, Safe Mode...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update Error: 0x80070490. SFC, DISM, Update Troubleshooter, Clean Boot, Safe Mode...: Hello, I am attempting to install Windows Update KB4571756. Upon downloading and installing the update, Windows prompts that a restart is necessary to finish installing the update. When the computer shuts down, the "Working on updates" screen appears, and the completion...
  7. sfc and chkdsk commands won't work

sfc and chkdsk commands won't work: Hello, I'm having some issues with my Windows 10 installation so I decided to run the sfc command. It did not work. So according to some on line advice (www.partitionwizard.com/partitionmagic/sfc-scannow-not working.html) , I ran the chkdsk command. That command discovered...
  8. Windows 10 Won't Boot, No Safe Mode, sfc chkdsk and bootrec do not seem to fix issue, DISM...

Windows 10 Won't Boot, No Safe Mode, sfc chkdsk and bootrec do not seem to fix issue, DISM...: After several calls with Microsoft's technical support, countless hours roaming through forums, and multiple headaches, I had no choice but to turn to a public place where I can post the problem I had, because sadly not even the misguided people over at Microsoft Customer...
  9. Cannot run SFC or DISM to fix no audio issue.

Cannot run SFC or DISM to fix no audio issue.: 5 Days ago I started getting this strange error: "SBCinema2.exe - Bad Image." "C:\Windows\System32\audioses.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system...
  10. Strange-DISM SFC work in safe mode, but not in regular boot?

Strange-DISM SFC work in safe mode, but not in regular boot?: Curious where the issues could be. I posted last night that when I was trying to run DISM or SFC a small second window would appear and close and then the processs would not start at all. It would just sit there and do nothing. The other thing is I could not close those cmd...