Windows 10: Windows 10 won't boot on new PC build

Discus and support Windows 10 won't boot on new PC build in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello New PC build - everything starts up fine - memory good and M2 drive good. I have windows 10 on USB - with primary partition that is active.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Geeee, Jun 12, 2020.

1. Geeee Win User

Windows 10 won't boot on new PC build

Hello

New PC build - everything starts up fine - memory good and M2 drive good.

I have windows 10 on USB - with primary partition that is active.

The machine first starts and takes me to the BIOS, I set the USB drive to be first in the list and restart.

Machine starts and windows starts downloading files.

When it gets to the point that it reboots for the first time, I just get taken back to the BIOS and the install just stops there.

Any ideas?

:)

Geeee, Jun 12, 2020
  2. CK011885 Win User

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Jun 12, 2020
  3. r.h.p Win User
    Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

What's your intended PC specs ??

r.h.p, Jun 12, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 12, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 won't boot on new PC build - Similar Threads - won't boot build

2. New PC Build Windows stuck on boot screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New PC Build Windows stuck on boot screen: So I just recently upgraded my PC build and just finished building it. I have a USB copy of Windows 10 Home that I installed, and the installation process went through smoothly, but when I turn off my computer and then turned it back on, I am just stuck on a frozen boot...
  3. Windows 10 Won't install on new pc build

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Won't install on new pc build: I have seen questions with similar issues but the suggested fixes haven't worked for me. I just finished building a pc with the following specs: ryzen 7 5800x B550 ds3h motherboard Radeon RX 580 GPU Vengeance pro 32gb ram in slots 2 and 4 as specified in the manual EVGA...
  4. Windows 10 won't install on new build

Windows 10 won't install on new build: BIOSTAR RACING Z490A-SILVER motherboard I cannot install Windows 10 on the new computer my Son and I built. I have no problem running UBUNTU, but Windows just won’t load. I have a retail installation USB key to load from and I’ve also tried downloading a fresh install from...
  5. Windows 10 Won't Boot up on my New PC Build

Windows 10 Won't Boot up on my New PC Build: Last week I built my first PC. Whenever I try to boot windows it doesn't work. For some context my PC boots into bios completely fine with zero issues and everything my hardware looks just fine in bios. I have also used memtest86 to make sure that my CPU and ram are properly...
  6. New PC won't BOOT

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    New PC won't BOOT: Hello, So I have recently built a new PC, my first by the way, and I have been having some problems getting it to boot. So, I went to a tech and had him intall Windows 10 pro for me, and then took it home, and it still does not work it worked at his workshop. I got the...
  7. Windows 10 won't boot on new PC

Windows 10 won't boot on new PC: Recently built a new PC. All the parts were installed correctly but when I try to boot from the USB Windows 10 I bought off amazon it just gives me a blue screen with the stop code 0xc000021a and then proceeds to restart my pc while giving me no solution to the problem What...
  8. New pc build windows 10 will not boot

New pc build windows 10 will not boot: just finished building gaming pc bought a brand new copy of windows 10 and it will not boot. Why is this so complicated? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-pc-build-windows-10-will-not-boot/af124aef-874a-496b-80d3-49650ec731ce
  9. New PC Build won't install Realtek Drivers on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    New PC Build won't install Realtek Drivers on Windows 10: Hello! I've built a PC with Ryzen 4 1600 processor and Windows 10. The install of Windows went smoothly, all drivers are up-to-date and functioning correctly; Except Realtek audio. I've downloaded the latest drivers and tried to install them (restarting the computer when...
  10. New build pc not booting

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    New build pc not booting: Hi My grandson has just built his first PC, unfortunately it doesn’t work....nothing displays on the monitor, not even the Post messages....the monitor works ok on a different PC has been tried with the HDMI and VGA ports. the Mobo lights up and the cpu fan runs. I...