Windows 10: Windows 10 won't boot on one computer, but will boot on another one

Discus and support Windows 10 won't boot on one computer, but will boot on another one in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Both of them are compatible with windows 10, the bootable one was a Core 2 Duo E8200, 2 GB of DDR2 800 MHZ ram, the one that won't boot is my main... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/TheBoai, Aug 12, 2020.

1. Windows 10 won't boot on one computer, but will boot on another one

Both of them are compatible with windows 10, the bootable one was a Core 2 Duo E8200, 2 GB of DDR2 800 MHZ ram, the one that won't boot is my main laptop Dell Latitude E6440 i5-4310M, 8GB of DDR3L 1600MHZ ram. Anyone have any idea? TIA

submitted by /u/TheBoai
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/TheBoai, Aug 12, 2020
  2. nmrm Win User

computer won't boot but has power

Kursah, that 6 steps are granted it always boots at the 6th step (sometimes at the 4th) and I have to remove the ethernet cable every time otherwise I'll have to do countless steps, that's a fact. I do not have Wake On Lan set.

3. Jborg Win User
    windows 10 slow boot

I was having a slow boot issue on my Windows 7 install a little while back. It would take about 30 - 40 extra seconds to boot up for whatever reason.

I would try following these steps, while this didn't solve my issue, it did increase Read/Write to where it should be.

10 Tips for SSD Optimization in Windows 7 - Part 1

Looks to be similar to this: SSD Optimization for your Windows Gaming PC and Tips and Tricks

In the end, I had to reinstall my Windows 7 entirely to fix the booting issue. It was taking around 35 seconds to boot, and after the fresh install it takes about 7 seconds to boot.

Jborg, Aug 12, 2020
  4. erixx Win User

Windows 10 won't boot on one computer, but will boot on another one

Sabertooth 990fx won't boot to windows logo, it shuts down

to boot and enter bios and load windows, any todays PSU (with the correct plugs) will work, AFAIK

to enter BIOS only low wattage is used.
    Then, during boot, the HDD and a bit later the videocard card start to demand juice, then the other devices and periphericals... so the total demand during boot up is incrementing step by step, that's why a failure halfway could indicate a PSU problem....

erixx, Aug 12, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 won't boot on one computer, but will boot on another one

1. Windows 10 won't boot on one computer, but will boot on another one - Similar Threads - won't boot computer

2. Tried to put an SSD of a broken computer in another one of the same model, it won't boot.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Tried to put an SSD of a broken computer in another one of the same model, it won't boot.: I had a laptop PC1 crashing and losing control over the touchpad, so I decided to take the SSD out and put it in a new laptop PC2. I put the old SSD from PC1 into PC2 Both HP Probook 640 G3. PC1 can take both SSDs and boots with no problems, on the other hand, PC2 can take...
  3. Tried to put an SSD of a broken computer in another one of the same model, it won't boot.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Tried to put an SSD of a broken computer in another one of the same model, it won't boot.: I had a laptop PC1 crashing and losing control over the touchpad, so I decided to take the SSD out and put it in a new laptop PC2. I put the old SSD from PC1 into PC2 Both HP Probook 640 G3. PC1 can take both SSDs and boots with no problems, on the other hand, PC2 can take...
  4. Tried to put an SSD of a broken computer in another one of the same model, it won't boot.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Moving from one boot drive to another

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Moving from one boot drive to another: So on my windows 10 PC i have 3 drives:My SSD - Which was my old main drive that was running windows and still has it Important filesJust a storage drive Important filesMy new 3TB HD - Which is running windows on it now No important filesIm trying to switch back to windows on...
  6. Moving from one boot drive to another

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Moving from one boot drive to another: So on my windows 10 PC i have 3 drives:My SSD - Which was my old main drive that was running windows and still has it Important filesJust a storage drive Important filesMy new 3TB HD - Which is running windows on it now No important filesIm trying to switch back to windows on...
  7. Moving from one boot drive to another

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Moved drive to another computer - won't boot

in Windows 10 Support
    Moved drive to another computer - won't boot: Hi all, I am trying to move a drive with Windows 10 Pro x86 from a dell 755 to a 7010. Win10 boots fine when I put it in a 745, 755, or 780, but not the 7010. The 7010 is set for Legacy ACHI. All I get is a blue logo and the spinning circle dots. Does the same in safe mode....
  9. Windows 10 won't boot(Another one!)

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 won't boot(Another one!): So here's the story: I shrunk my windows partition on my computer to make room for a new dual-boot.I also deleted a linux install, but windows was never detected by grub2, it booted exclusively from UEFI. Due to other issues shortly thereafter I reset my bios. I then started...
  10. Hard drive won't boot on one specific computer

in Windows 10 Support
    Hard drive won't boot on one specific computer: I have a Toshiba Satellite S55-A5294 laptop computer. It is running Windows 10. I had the drive encrypted using Jetico's BestCrypt full disk encryption. Several weeks ago, I was using Windows, put the computer to sleep, and when I came back an hour later and woke it up, I...