Windows 10: Windows 10 won't boot passed startup screen.

Discus and support Windows 10 won't boot passed startup screen. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; 2 nights ago my wife finished using our desktop and shut it down as normal. She said it took a little longer than normal to shut down. Now it wont... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by DavidCalaz, Jan 10, 2020.

1. Windows 10 won't boot passed startup screen.

2 nights ago my wife finished using our desktop and shut it down as normal. She said it took a little longer than normal to shut down.

Now it wont boot passed the windows icon, it just goes to a black screen with cursor. Ive tried booting in safe mode with the same problem. I've tried using a windows recoceey tool on a usb and i get the same problem however after an "American Megatrends" screen. Finally I used the windows 10 tool and tried to boot from that. This time I get a purple screen with cursor.

There is no error message, nothing. Just a quick flash of what looks like a command box could be something similar and then a black ir purple screen.

Using a genuine copy of Windows.

Anybody have any idea what's going on? Or solved a similar problem in the past?

Thanks.

:)

DavidCalaz, Jan 10, 2020
  2. Avedis53 Win User

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Jan 10, 2020
  3. Wingo101 Win User
    Windows Vista Startup Problem ( Dual Boot)

I've got a dual boot set up on my computer, with Windows XP Professional 32bit & Vista Ultimate 64bit.

I haven't booted into Vista for quite some time now because I get better performance from XP. But now, if I try to boot into Vista, it goes through until after the Welcome screen & just gets stuck on a black screen with the pointer showing.

I have tried repairing the startup using the Vista CD.

Any suggestions?

Wingo101, Jan 10, 2020
  4. Windows 10 won't boot passed startup screen.

Windows 10 blank screen after boot-up....

Anyone have any luck with this ? Windows appears to boot normally until the screen with the little dots on it. Then it goes black , stays that way for a minute and finally logs on. I`ve already googled this and all the answers boil down to two solutions - disable fast startup and change your graphics driver. Neither rly helped for me tho it did seem to be graphics card related.

Awaiting more expert suggestions from TPU !

francis511, Jan 10, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 won't boot passed startup screen.

1. Windows 10 won't boot passed startup screen. - Similar Threads - won't boot passed

2. Windows 10 won't startup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 won't startup: Hi,I have a W10 PC which seems to have recently done an update and won't boot, it keeps failing and BSOD with varying different stop errors, seems different error every time it crashes.Occasionally I see 'preparing to configure your computer' or 'configuring updates 35%...
  3. Windows 10 Desktop PC won't boot pass ASUS screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Desktop PC won't boot pass ASUS screen: My pc won't boot up pass the asus screen. BIOS menu won't openno matter how many time i pressed the key so i can't reinstall windows or do anything else. I've restarted my pc bunch of times but it still doesn't work. I didn't touch any windows' files or change any settings...
  4. Windows 10 Desktop PC won't boot pass ASUS screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Desktop PC won't boot pass ASUS screen: My pc won't boot up pass the asus screen. BIOS menu won't openno matter how many time i pressed the key so i can't reinstall windows or do anything else. I've restarted my pc bunch of times but it still doesn't work. I didn't touch any windows' files or change any settings...
  5. Windows 10 Desktop PC won't boot pass ASUS screen

6. Windows 10 won't boot, Startup Repair does nothing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 won't boot, Startup Repair does nothing: My computer stopped booting Windows after having trouble installing updates. Error messages tell me that there's a problem with winload.efi. Startup Repair takes me to the blue recovery screen. System restore fails, as does trying to uninstall updates. I've tried using the...
  7. Windows 10 won't boot, Startup Repair does nothing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 won't boot, Startup Repair does nothing: My computer stopped booting Windows after having trouble installing updates. Error messages tell me that there's a problem with winload.efi. Startup Repair takes me to the blue recovery screen. System restore fails, as does trying to uninstall updates. I've tried using the...
  8. Windows 10 won't boot, Startup Repair does nothing

9. Windows won't boot on startup

Windows won't boot on startup: I am having an issue where every time I try boot my pc, I can get onto the log in page, but then when I log in, the screen turns black the monitor is still on & working but there is nothing on the screen. My PC also remains on even after the screen turns black. I have to...
  10. Windows won't boot and white lines appear over the startup screen.

Windows won't boot and white lines appear over the startup screen.: [IMG] Hi Yesterday after being away from my pc for a few minutes, i noticed it had rebooted itself. I didn't gave it a second thought and continued my work. Then all of a sudden, it shut down and got stuck in a boot loop. With white lines over the startup screen. I...