Windows 10: Windows 10 won't boot properly after a simple restart

Discus and support Windows 10 won't boot properly after a simple restart in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello guys, how are you doing? I'm experiencing a problem here with Windows 10 since I installed the new OS (through the upgrade from Windows 7).... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by btk97, Jul 14, 2016.

1. btk97 Win User

Windows 10 won't boot properly after a simple restart

Hello guys, how are you doing?

I'm experiencing a problem here with Windows 10 since I installed the new OS (through the upgrade from Windows 7).

Whenever I restart the notebook from the Start Menu or the OS restarts automatically because of an app instalation or Windows Updates, the system won't pass past the Windows 10 logo (and the loading circle does not appear at the bottom of the screen too).

The only way to solve that is by doing a force shutdown.

Could you guys help me? I tried to search for a solution but could't fix it.

Thanks a lot

:)

btk97, Jul 14, 2016

2. windows 10 boot problem

I recently updated my dell laptop to windows 10 November update after. After update windows won't boot and goes to blue screen and restart any solution

soham kulkarni, Jul 14, 2016
  3. PJCulet Win User
    Problem with Microsoft 10 on my Dell Venue

My Dell Venue won't properly turn on after installing Microsoft 10. When I finally do it to boot, it has been going into a "secure boot" and not just going into Microsoft. Anyone?!?

PJCulet, Jul 14, 2016
  4. philc43 Win User

Hello btk97,

If this is still happening it would be helpful to post a screenshot of the Disk Management view so that we can see what drives you have and their partitions. It might give a clue to what is happening.

philc43, Jul 17, 2016
Thema:

1. Windows 10 won't boot properly after a simple restart - Similar Threads - won't boot properly

2. PC won't restart properly after Windows updates

in Windows 10 Support
    PC won't restart properly after Windows updates: TL;DR: Windows does an update and I restart it using Start->Restart. PC appears to shutdown (monitor, kbd and fan off), but PC power light still on. Never restarts. Must power down manually and power up manually, then it's fine until the next update. DETAILS: I have a new PC...
  3. Windows won't activate after simple SSD swap

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows won't activate after simple SSD swap: From what I've read, moving the SSD to and back from a PC shouldn't cause any errors. However, my PC won't update to account.microsoft.com/devices at all. This is preventing me from accessing settings I need to use. This is a PC upgraded from windows 7. [ATTACH]...
  4. My Windows Laptop won't boot after a restart.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My Windows Laptop won't boot after a restart.: I hit restart on my laptop because it was running a bit slow and it after that it didn't boot to windows. It booted into the recovery environment and the startup repair gave me a log SRTTrail.txt saying that a recently serviced boot sector was corrupt with an error code...
  5. Computer won't boot up properly.

Computer won't boot up properly.: The pc itself will turn on fine, and the monitor turns on and everything. But once it gets to running windows, the screen turns black and the cursor gets a blue wheel. For some backstory: A couple days ago I deleted something from my computer, and it asked me if I wanted to...
  6. PC won't boot up after restart

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    PC won't boot up after restart: PC stuck on boot when I restart it, and because of that, I need to shut down my PC from the button. I can't update my PC because of that and it giving me an error 0xc1900101 - 0x20017. How to fix it. Thank you...
  7. Laptop won't boot up properly

Laptop won't boot up properly: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Dave_dinkum598 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fofjz2/laptop_wont_boot_up_properly/
  8. Laptop won't shutdown or restart properly

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop won't shutdown or restart properly: My laptop won't shutdown or restart properly, I am using a docking station and when I undock the laptop it seems to restart/shutdown properly but when I restart/shutdown with it docked, it doesn't restart/shutdown properly and always goes into a mode like sleep mode. How do...
  9. Windows 10 won't boot properly on cold start-up.

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 won't boot properly on cold start-up.: Whenever I shut down my computer, I always have this problem. The Windows 10 insignia and the loading circle beneath will appear, then the screen will fade to black, and then my monitor says it can't detect my computer. I then have to unplug my computer from the outlet...
  10. Something is broken. Won't load properly, won't restart...

in Windows 10 Support
    Something is broken. Won't load properly, won't restart...: Howdy, Windows 10 Pro on my laptop. Been using it since it came out with no problems. All of a sudden today everything has gone to heck. Windows 10 will boot up to the desktop but I can't open most things. Start menu doesn't work, can't open a browser, can't view...