Windows 10: Windows 10 wont boot properly

Discus and support Windows 10 wont boot properly in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; i recently got this PC and downloaded windows 10 pro to it with the key it came with. it has been working up until today when i turned it on it said... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Epic9YearOld4Life, May 3, 2020.

1. Windows 10 wont boot properly

i recently got this PC and downloaded windows 10 pro to it with the key it came with. it has been working up until today when i turned it on it said "Your PC did not start correctly" it gave me options of weather i wanted to restart or go to Advanced Options. i went through every option in advanced options, such as "startup repair" and "uninstall updates" but none of them worked. i have one option left which is to reset the computer. it will keep all of my personal files but will delete apps. i know that this will cause me to lose my Minecraft saves and possibly other things which i simply cannot do. does anyone know any other solutions or options i could go through with?

submitted by /u/Epic9YearOld4Life
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Epic9YearOld4Life, May 3, 2020

2. PC wont boot up (No POST, No Video)

I recently installed a new Asus M5A99X Evo r2.0. The motherboard green LED lights up and the case and cpu fans spin. But there is no video when its hooked up to my monitor.

Steps that i have tried:
    Perform these steps before posting about POST/boot/no video problems!

Made sure all connections are properly connected.

Flashing the CMOS

Tested the PSU

Followed all steps in the user manual

If there are any links that you guys can point me to or suggestions that could help it would be highly appreciated. Thank you

Mrblack761, May 3, 2020
  3. Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, May 3, 2020
  4. Jborg Win User

Windows 10 wont boot properly

windows 10 slow boot

I was having a slow boot issue on my Windows 7 install a little while back. It would take about 30 - 40 extra seconds to boot up for whatever reason.

I would try following these steps, while this didn't solve my issue, it did increase Read/Write to where it should be.

10 Tips for SSD Optimization in Windows 7 - Part 1

Looks to be similar to this: SSD Optimization for your Windows Gaming PC and Tips and Tricks

In the end, I had to reinstall my Windows 7 entirely to fix the booting issue. It was taking around 35 seconds to boot, and after the fresh install it takes about 7 seconds to boot.

Jborg, May 3, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 wont boot properly

1. Windows 10 wont boot properly - Similar Threads - wont boot properly

2. Windows 10 wont boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 wont boot: My daughters windows 10 wont boot. It gets to the Auris eagle the stays there. I have tried booting from the original windows USB but it will not repair. The only option is to re-install. When I try this, it will not give me the option to install & keep files. It only allows...
  3. Windows 10 wont boot

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 wont boot: My daughters windows 10 wont boot. It gets to the Auris eagle the stays there. I have tried booting from the original windows USB but it will not repair. The only option is to re-install. When I try this, it will not give me the option to install & keep files. It only allows...
  4. Computer wont boot properly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer wont boot properly: I came home from work today and turned on my computer and it got the infinite loading screen problem. I can not get into safe mode, if i shut it off to restart it 3 times it goes into a mode of tuening on and off 3 times very shortly then goes into automatic recovery where...
  5. Windows 10 wont boot

Windows 10 wont boot: Since this morning my PC won't boot, windows says it encounters an issue while starting and I can't do anything, it can't use system restore, it can't uninstall yesterdays updates, it can't fix anything with startup repair, if I try to use safe mode the same issue is there....
  6. Windows 10 wont boot properly

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 wont boot properly: Hello, i finished building a friend's pc and after installing an SSD with windows 10, it goes into BSOD with an error SYSTEM THREAD EXEPTION NOT HANDLED. I tried connecting USB with windows 10 setup(set up with RUFUS), but it does the same. I installed my m.2 ssd, which in...
  7. Windows 10 wont boot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 wont boot: Hey all, I was on my computer as usual had some youtube up and things I do all the time. The computer froze but I was still able to hear the video I was watching. Eventually I powered it down with the button. Since, it will not boot. I have tried using a restore point,...
  8. My laptop wont boot up properly

My laptop wont boot up properly: Ever since a recent update that required me to restart my laptop/ideapad, i could not use my device properly, initially it had turned on but then it froze and i tried to turn it off then on again but it wouldn't work. I tried to repeat the process in order to try and launch...
  9. Windows 10 wont boot properly

Windows 10 wont boot properly: Hello! So i got laptop and PC. I took HDD out of my laptop with windows 10 installation. Put it in the pc, it doesnt work. It tries repairing, doesnt work. Any of the windows 10 failed boot selections doesnt work, except CMD. Put it back in my laptop, works like nothing has...
  10. windows 10 wont boot

in Windows 10 Support
    windows 10 wont boot: Windows 10 has given me a blue screen when it loads up. It states "your pc ran into a problem and needs to restart, you can restart" stop code: system thread exception not handled what failed:FLTMGR.SYS This is absolutely crazy, i cant get into windows. I tried...