Windows 10: Windows 10 wont boot ''root cause found: boot configuration corrupt. partition table...

Discus and support Windows 10 wont boot ''root cause found: boot configuration corrupt. partition table... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I'm trying to repair my PC for 5 days now, i don't have money for a professional IT and I tried to follow a ton of tutorials, blog post and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Savi96, Jul 22, 2019.

1. Savi96 Win User

Windows 10 wont boot ''root cause found: boot configuration corrupt. partition table...

Hi,

I'm trying to repair my PC for 5 days now, i don't have money for a professional IT and I tried to follow a ton of tutorials, blog post and chats I could finde in every language I know. Nothing works ! I am desperate and frustrated a large part of my life both privately and professionally is on this computer. Windows 10 wont boot  ''root cause found: boot configuration corrupt. partition table... :(

5 days ago I was working on a publisher presentation when my pc started bugging, it slowed down a bit and started to freeze. but it was over fast, I finished my stuff and shut down the pc. before windows went down, it checked the security options or something. ( I wasn't looking cause it wasn't unusal to do something before shut down )

The next day I wanted to start my computer it went up before login then frezzed and shut down, after I tried to boot it there was only black screen.

Here and there a gear turned or the windows logo was visible, it started freezing and after about almost 4 hours the blue scrren of death appeared = Windows 10 wont boot  ''root cause found: boot configuration corrupt. partition table... :( UNMOUTABLE BOOT VOLUME [ Windows 10 wont boot  ''root cause found: boot configuration corrupt. partition table... :( <- this smiley described my feelings from then on pretty well -.-'') ] I suspect it's a virus because I was on unknown sites during my research and some of them definitely looked questionable at best, but I immediately got out still after that the pc started to bug. I have an antivirus system so it could be something else.

The Computer I use:

intel(r) core(tm)2 duo cpu e7200

there was a Windows 8 version that was replaced by Windows 10 (by the previous owner)

Windows Version 10.0.17134.1

Everything worked just fine until 5 days ago

I tried everything i found online:

1. Boot via Windows Media Creation DVD/USB -> Toubelshoot = worked

2. Refresh your PC = dosen't work, back to were i was before

3. Continue with Windows 10 = Back to were i was before

5. System Restore = dosen't work, no restore point found error =x80070057

6. go back to previous build = dosen't work, there is a problem try to reset your pc

7. CMD = i got in and tried the following below:

chkdsk /r = The type of te files system is NTFS. Can't lock current drive. Chkdsk can not run because the volume is currently used by another process. Would you like to schedule this process the next time the system restart? (Y/N)

Yes

Failed to transfer logged messages to the event log with status 50.

chkdsk C: /f /r = file system checked, no problem found. no further action necessary.

chkdsk F: /f /r = file system checked, no problem found. no further action necessary.

chkdsk D: /f /r = file system checked, no problem found. no further action necessary.

so I tried :

bootrec.exe /fixmbr = successful

bootrec.exe /fixboot = Access is Denied (so i tried to fix this withWindows 10 wont boot  ''root cause found: boot configuration corrupt. partition table... ;)

bootsect/nt60 sys = successful

bootrec.exe /fixboot (again) = successfulBootrec.exe /rebuildbcd = Successfully scanned Windows installations. Total identified Windows installations: 0. The operation completed successfully.

still dosen't work

then I tried :

diskpart -> list disk

Disk### Status Size Free Dyn GPT

Disk 0 Online 698 GB 1024 KB

Disk 1 Online 55 MB 0 B *

diskpart -> list volume

Volume### Ltr Label Fs Type Size Status Info

Volume 0 I IR3_CENA_X6 UDF DVD-ROM 3819 MB Healthy

Volume 1 C System -rese NTFS Partition 238 MB Healthy
    Volume 2 F Data NTFS Partition 689 GB Healthy

Volume 3 D Cache NTFS Partition 55 GB Healthy

I don't remember cause i followed a tutorial but ther was something with

select disk 0

= disk 0 is now the selected disk.

select vol C (don't know how it went from there nor why)

At some point I don't know anymore what i did (maybe automatic repair or so ) it showed blue screen :

root problem found. boot configuration is corrupt.

partition table repair result: failed.

error code = 0x490

X:\Windows\System32>bcdedit

Windows- Boot- Manager

device partition =C:

Windows Boot Loader

device unknown

osdevice unknown

(again)

Bootrec.exe /rebuildbcd = Successfully scanned Windows installations. Total identified Windows installations: 0. The operation completed successfully.

bcdedit /export c:\bcdbackup

The operation completed successfully.

attrib c:\boot\bcd -h -r -s

bootrec /rebuildbcd

ren c:\boot\bcd bcd.old

Still the same :

Bootrec.exe /rebuildbcd = Successfully scanned Windows installations. Total identified Windows installations: 0. The operation completed successfully.

botrec /scanOS

Successfully scanned Windows installations. Total identified Windows installations: 0. The operation completed successfully.

btw. I somehow can't finde: Log file: x:\windows\System32\Logfiles\Srt\SrtTrail.txt fon't know what is wrong i'm not an IT command or no argument ??

In between i tried different things and a second blue screen appered.

Recovery

Error 0xc000000f and another time Error 0xc000000e

Please help !!!!

I don't know what to do expect for taking the hard disk out try to safe my documents and other stuff

if possible on a second PC with Windows 7 and try to put a new one in my current PC.

If I check via notepad there seems everything gone. Windows 10 wont boot  ''root cause found: boot configuration corrupt. partition table... :(

Also I tried to change BIOS IDE to AHCI and back. Dosen't work.

I checked the cable everything seems fine.

I thought about booting from the Windows 10 DVD and install it new but it won't let me.

:)

Savi96, Jul 22, 2019
  2. savid5 Win User

Windows 10 PC wont boot (bootres.dll corrupt)

Hello, Here is the current situation of my computer running Windows 10.

When I boot the computer is says Diagnosing your PC and then switches to Attempting Repairs.

After that I get the message:

E:\WINDOWS\System32\Logfiles\Srt\SrtTrail.txt

In the file SrtTrail.txt it says:

Root cause found:

Boot critical file E:\boot\resources\custom\bootres.dll is corrupt.

Repair action: File repair

Result: Failed. Error code = 0x4005

Also unable to boot into Safemode

I searched the web and found a utility called DISM but unable to get it to work. Note that I am running this from the Windows 10 installer.

Any suggestions on steps to take to try and fix this corrupt bootres.dll

Thanks Ken

savid5, Jul 22, 2019
  3. 95Viper Win User
    Master boot table corrupt

Advanced NTFS Boot and MFT Repair - TestDisk

95Viper, Jul 22, 2019
  4. Windows 10 wont boot ''root cause found: boot configuration corrupt. partition table...

Installing Windows Vista/7 on a GUID Partition Table

Background

GUID Partition Table (GPT) is a boot sector technology poised to replace the venerable Master Boot Record (MBR) principally because MBR has a maximum capacity of 2 TB for a single partition (some single disks have reached 3 TB). Installing Windows on a GPT is a bit tricky because Windows wants to default back to MBR. In order to force Windows on to a GPT, we have to pre-format the drive prior to Windows installation. You can do that during Windows setup using the console.

Requirements

• Windows Vista or 7 (must be 64-bit no matter which OS is used)
    • A motherboard with EFI BIOS
    • A means to EFI boot the Windows setup (I had to use a USB DVD drive on MSI Z77A-G65, the internal SATA Bluray drives didn't have an EFI option)
    Instructions

• Boot into Windows setup using EFI. On the MSI Z77A-G65, it showed up as UEFI:USB-ATAPI DVD ... This will change according to your motherboard and how you are attempting to enter setup. This step is critical. Without booting into setup via EFI, only MBR is available to the setup. There's no easy way to tell from within setup if it is running via EFI or not.
    • Once you have booted into setup, continue through the process as you would normally until you reach the dialog which shows you the available drives. Load a driver, if necessary, then press SHIFT+F10 to open the command prompt.
    • In the command prompt, enter the following lines, pressing enter after each one. Note that the <id> field below is the disk ID that you want to format as GPT from the "list disk" command. If there's only one drive, <id> will likely be 1. Note: All data on the drive will be lost during this process. Make sure to select the correct drive.
      • diskpart
      • list disk
      • select disk <id>
      • online disk
      • attributes disk clear readonly
      • clean
      • convert gpt
      • create partition efi size=102
      • create partition msr size=32
      • create partition primary
      • format fs=ntfs label="Operating System"
      • assign letter=C
      • exit
      "online disk" and "attributes disk clear readonly" are likely to fail. Don't worry, they are only precautionary. Change the drive letter and label to whatever you want. Also, the above command (specifically "create partition primary") will consume all remaining space on the drive. If you want multiple partitions with fixed sizes, substitute what you want in place of "create partition primary."
    • You may now close the command prompt and click on "Refresh" back in the dialog to choose where to install Windows. You should now see at least 2 partitions (I think Microsoft Reserved is hidden) and it will only let you install on a non EFI/MSR partition. Click on the primary partition and proceed with the installation as normal.
    • Note that in the EFI BIOS after installing Windows via EFI, you can no longer directly boot the volume Windows is installed on. Instead, you must boot via "Windows Boot Manager" (on MSI Z77A-G65, it was "UEFI: Windows Boot Manager"). Keep that in mind if you wish to tweak the boot order.
    Conclusion

That should do it. You should be in Windows with >2 TB of hard drive capacity available if you had more than 2 TB on the Windows partition. Congratulations being on the bleeding edge of technology! *Rockout :rockout:

FordGT90Concept, Jul 22, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 wont boot ''root cause found: boot configuration corrupt. partition table...

1. Windows 10 wont boot ''root cause found: boot configuration corrupt. partition table... - Similar Threads - wont boot ''root

2. Windows 10 boot partition corrupted

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 boot partition corrupted: I recently purchased a 240GB SSD to add to my laptop storage. I have a 1TB HDD and 240GB SSD now.I placed the HDD in the main hard slot and replaced the SSD with my DVDROM using a caddy. so I tried to install a fresh windows on the SSD as its much faster than HDD. and it...
  3. Windows 10 boot partition corrupted

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 boot partition corrupted: I recently purchased a 240GB SSD to add to my laptop storage. I have a 1TB HDD and 240GB SSD now.I placed the HDD in the main hard slot and replaced the SSD with my DVDROM using a caddy. so I tried to install a fresh windows on the SSD as its much faster than HDD. and it...
  4. Windows 10 boot partition corrupted

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Windows 10 Appears Corrupted Computer Wont Boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Appears Corrupted Computer Wont Boot: The computer I have doesn't boot. It goes into an automatic repair mode, but I get a "could not repair PC" message back. I select the advanced option then troubleshoot and tried to use the system restore function but got a "no restore points created message". I then tried...
  6. Error: no boot partition found

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Error: no boot partition found: Hello, The past couple of days my desktop PC would just stay on “shutting down” so I started holding down the power button. Today when I boot my computer and after I enter my VeraCrypt password I get given a message saying “Error: No boot partition found”. I have 2 SSDs...
  7. Weird Partition Table ,and second OS wont be deleted from UEFI boot entries

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Weird Partition Table ,and second OS wont be deleted from UEFI boot entries: My partition table seems a bit over the place ;can some one please tell me if that's a normal one ,i mean what are the ESP ,MSR ,and LDM partitions for ? and should they be normally present ? [ATTACH] Also i installed an Android x86 fork like 3 years ago ,i followed every...
  8. Corrupted Partition Table

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Corrupted Partition Table: How do I fix a hard drive with a broken partition table, I have tried the following: *diskpart - tried cleaning it with this but failed * - list volume it only shows my USB which is the one I am using to install Windows *bootrec /fixmbr - Gives me "access...
  9. Windows 10 partition wont boot anymore

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 partition wont boot anymore: It's a little complicated. As a fan of windows XP I'd like having one as dual boot with my Windows 10, but after completing it the only windows to start is the XP. I tried a lot of methods to boot into windows 10 but the partition it is on is not the default. Because of...
  10. Alleged corruption found in the $Boot file?

in Windows 10 Support
    Alleged corruption found in the $Boot file?: I did a routine CHKDSK on my C: drive (SSD), in Windows 10, 64-bit. Got this beauty: "chkdsk /scan" is aborting due to corruption found in the $Boot file. "chkdsk /f" will be required to repair the volume. Thing is, upon repairing (required a reboot), the alleged...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Root cause found: Boot configuration is corrupt.

2. srttrail.txt boot configuration is corrupt