Windows 10: Windows 10 won't boot, Startup Repair does nothing

Discus and support Windows 10 won't boot, Startup Repair does nothing in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My computer stopped booting Windows after having trouble installing updates. Error messages tell me that there's a problem with winload.efi. Startup... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Ayasugi, Nov 15, 2021.

1. Ayasugi Win User

Windows 10 won't boot, Startup Repair does nothing

My computer stopped booting Windows after having trouble installing updates. Error messages tell me that there's a problem with winload.efi. Startup Repair takes me to the blue recovery screen. System restore fails, as does trying to uninstall updates. I've tried using the command prompt bootrec, it tells me access is denied for fixboot. Sfc /scannow says it cannot perform the requested operation. Chkdsk found nothing major. I have tried booting Windows off of a USB drive and selecting "repair my computer", which takes me back to recovery, but with several options missing, and the ones availa

:)

Ayasugi, Nov 15, 2021

2. Windows 10 random automatic repair after changing boot priority.

Hello. So i have an Windows 10 Pro. Sometimes when i am changing in bios boot order from USB to HDD ( SDD ) windows starts booting with AUTOMATIC REPAIR and then restarting. Is this something with BIOS \ Windows 10 bug related? Tested on pc and on laptop , and sometimes it doing the same.

Situation on PC first,listen:

Few days ago after i change boot in UEFI BIOS from USB to SSD.
    Then Windows 10 showed at 1 boot Automatic Repair.
    When starting Windows 10 boot loader starts by "preparing automatic repair" and diagnosing pc.
    Interesting is that if I restart Windows (after procedure mentioned earlier) it will boot normally. This startup problem was occured only when starting system again after shutdown or restarted pc from windows.So i was needed 2 boots to boot properly to windows.
    But on pc, format was needed to remove completely issue and after format is fine.

Pc :
    2x8gb Kingston Hyperx 1600mhz DDR3
    SSD samsung Evo 250 gb
    4790k stock
    Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark 2 with UEFI BIOS

Now laptop with old standard bios:
    On laptop i made the same operation, change boot from USB to HDD and on first boot Windows 10 shows Automatic Repair. But it happened once and i cant reproduce. No format was needed.

laptop is very old with 2gb ram

Why on pc format was needed when on laptop not?

Thanks for suggestions.

litwicki24, Nov 15, 2021
  3. Windows 10 stuck on Startup repair when booting

Hi,

As per the description I understand your concern about Windows 10 Startup repair, we will help you with this issue.
    I would suggest you to run Startup repair from Advance boot option. It may ask you to insert the Installation DVD/USB while doing startup repair. You have to create an installation media for that. You may download an ISO from
    the below link:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/preview-iso

To run Startup repair from Advance boot option, follow the below steps:

• Press and holdShift key
      and click onRestart in Power icon.

• Click onTroubleshoot.

• Click onAdvanced Options.

• Now click onStartup Repair.

• Follow the further instructions.
    Hope this helps you. Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Thank you.

Vidyashree_C, Nov 15, 2021
  4. Windows 10 won't boot, Startup Repair does nothing

Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, Nov 15, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 won't boot, Startup Repair does nothing

1. Windows 10 won't boot, Startup Repair does nothing - Similar Threads - won't boot Startup

2. My PC won't boot up, windows startup repair won't work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My PC won't boot up, windows startup repair won't work: Windows is not bitting up after some updates regarding winload.efi. Start up repair won't help on fixing the issue. What to do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pc-wont-boot-up-windows-startup-repair-wont/1b7e9e41-e810-4b53-a96d-2d5be7775823
  3. My PC won't boot up, windows startup repair won't work

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My PC won't boot up, windows startup repair won't work: Windows is not bitting up after some updates regarding winload.efi. Start up repair won't help on fixing the issue. What to do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pc-wont-boot-up-windows-startup-repair-wont/1b7e9e41-e810-4b53-a96d-2d5be7775823
  4. My PC won't boot up, windows startup repair won't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Windows 10 won't boot, Startup Repair does nothing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 won't boot, Startup Repair does nothing: My computer stopped booting Windows after having trouble installing updates. Error messages tell me that there's a problem with winload.efi. Startup Repair takes me to the blue recovery screen. System restore fails, as does trying to uninstall updates. I've tried using the...
  6. Windows 10 won't boot, Startup Repair does nothing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 won't boot, Startup Repair does nothing: My computer stopped booting Windows after having trouble installing updates. Error messages tell me that there's a problem with winload.efi. Startup Repair takes me to the blue recovery screen. System restore fails, as does trying to uninstall updates. I've tried using the...
  7. Windows won't boot on startup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows won't boot on startup: I am having an issue where every time I try boot my pc, I can get onto the log in page, but then when I log in, the screen turns black the monitor is still on & working but there is nothing on the screen. My PC also remains on even after the screen turns black. I have to...
  8. Computer won't boot up without "Startup Repair" window

Computer won't boot up without "Startup Repair" window: My computer gives me the startup repair window every time I try to boot up. It can't find any problems when I troubleshoot, and resetting the computer didn't help either. What can I do to get my computer to turn on properly without having to restart my PC every time?...
  9. Windows 10 Won't Boot, Load or Repair

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Won't Boot, Load or Repair: I have an HP laptop that until a few weeks ago, worked perfectly. The OS is Windows 10 (64 bit). If I try rebooting, I get a screen with several options, none of which helped with getting Windows 10 to boot. I tried the 3x hard shutdowns to get to the repair menu...none of...
  10. Windows won't start/Startup repair won't work

Windows won't start/Startup repair won't work: I've been having issues for awhile, but it normally snaps out of it or repair works, but this time... The other day, I restarted my computer and now it goes straight to Startup Repair and then tells me autorepair can't help. I burnt the repair disc that Microsoft put out...