Windows 10: Windows 10 won't boot up after an interrupted update.

Discus and support Windows 10 won't boot up after an interrupted update. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Today morning I was updating my pc but due to unexpected power failure updates was interrupted. I switched it on then it said undoing changes made to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by santoshverma4, Jun 28, 2020.

1. Windows 10 won't boot up after an interrupted update.

Today morning I was updating my pc but due to unexpected power failure updates was interrupted. I switched it on then it said undoing changes made to this pc and was successfully able to view the desktop but the next time I switched it on the pc won't boot up. Also I can not open advanced options even after pressing shift during startup. I tried 3 power reset but that didn't work too. First time I switch on the pc windows keep on loading, after doing a hard power reset it says preparing automatic repair but then I enter into a black screen with a cursor. So please help me.

:)

santoshverma4, Jun 28, 2020
  2. Rose Cal Win User

My desktop won't restart windows after latest update Jan2018

Hi Max,

It is possible that you're desktop won't start after the update due to corrupted system files. To assist you better, we'd like to know the troubleshooting steps you've done so far.

In the meantime, we suggest that you check and follow the steps shared by
    Ganesh K R
    and AnthonyJose on these threads below about troubleshooting Windows 10 won't boot after update:

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Jun 28, 2020
  3. Jborg Win User
    windows 10 slow boot

I was having a slow boot issue on my Windows 7 install a little while back. It would take about 30 - 40 extra seconds to boot up for whatever reason.

I would try following these steps, while this didn't solve my issue, it did increase Read/Write to where it should be.

10 Tips for SSD Optimization in Windows 7 - Part 1

Looks to be similar to this: SSD Optimization for your Windows Gaming PC and Tips and Tricks

In the end, I had to reinstall my Windows 7 entirely to fix the booting issue. It was taking around 35 seconds to boot, and after the fresh install it takes about 7 seconds to boot.

Jborg, Jun 28, 2020
  4. amandaiam Win User

Windows 10 won't boot up after an interrupted update.

Windows 10 won't boot after interrupted update - black screen

Hi Vanessa,

I have tried all steps listed in the link.

After booting in safe mode, after trying system restore and startup repair, this error message popped up:

System Restore failed while restoring the directory from the restore point.

Source: AppxStaging

Destinatioon: %programfiles%\WindowApps

An unspecified error occurred during system restore. (0x80070091)

The search bar won't work in Safe Mode with Networking. So can't uninstall adapters.

Can't access control panel.

No RunOnce.exe found in processes or services.

What's next?

Update:

I did get into Control panel. Uninstalled both drivers (onboard and dedicated). Neither option helped. Actually made it worse.

When it black screens, it starts flickering with a hourglass icon.

Thanks,

Amanda

amandaiam, Jun 28, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 won't boot up after an interrupted update.

1. Windows 10 won't boot up after an interrupted update. - Similar Threads - won't boot interrupted

2. Win 10 can't boot or repair after interrupted update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win 10 can't boot or repair after interrupted update: I'm stuck in a worsening Win 10 situation, so will appreciate any advice. Suspect to be registry or Windows image corruption, but no longer have RegBack and having trouble with DISM. Here's the sequence of events: 1 Laptop had very low disk space, but Windows still decided to...
  3. Win 10 can't boot or repair after interrupted update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 10 can't boot or repair after interrupted update: I'm stuck in a worsening Win 10 situation, so will appreciate any advice. Suspect to be registry or Windows image corruption, but no longer have RegBack and having trouble with DISM. Here's the sequence of events: 1 Laptop had very low disk space, but Windows still decided to...
  4. Windows 10 won't boot after update

Windows 10 won't boot after update: I have downloaded the Windows "Media Creation tool" and first installed on a flash drive. PC won't recognize USB port, burned a DVD with the Media Creation tool as well, but had to buy an external drive that would burn 7 gig DVD's. Media Creation tool is 4.9 gigs, standard...
  5. After Windows 10 update, Boot pathway is missing and won't boot up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    After Windows 10 update, Boot pathway is missing and won't boot up: My Asus laptop was working perfectly before the Windows 10 update. After that I had inserted a SD card to upload some pictures onto my computer. The laptop won't boot up now and has the "Secure Boot Violation" screen come up. After reading up on getting into the BIOS settings...
  6. Windows 10 won't boot after update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 won't boot after update: Hi, on my Dell XPS 9360R I started having issues with the explorer refreshing starting from today. One might think it's livable with but it actually rendered various programs useless, like the Intel Driver Update Checker wouldn't be able to run checks anymore. I couldn't...
  7. Windows 10 won't boot after update

Windows 10 won't boot after update: My laptop just did a forced Microsoft update for windows 10 and now won't boot at all. All I get is the windows boot manager restarting on a permanent loop with the status 0xc0000225. I cannot get to the advanced options or anything else other than the uefi settings. I do not...
  8. Windows wont boot up after device update interrupted

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows wont boot up after device update interrupted: Hi. So device update was running and it was interrupted. And my touchpad n touchscreen stopped working. I went device manager. 3 devices had yellow warning mark. So i tried to update it and it kept loading with no end. So i thought nothing much. The next morning/after i...
  9. Windows 10 won't boot after update

Windows 10 won't boot after update: Hey, I've been searching around the web for some hours now, but I haven't found anyone with a problem similar to mine. I have a Samsung ATIV Smart PC Pro 700T. It came with Windows 8. Around a year ago I updated it to Windows 10 and it was working flawlessly....
  10. Win 10 won't boot up after install updates ?

Win 10 won't boot up after install updates ?: Hello & Thanks : Win 10 won't boot up after install updates . Well , not without entering F2/F12 setup . At set up I have to change boot device to dvd . Then change it again to boot device to hdd . Also , I get these updateHistory msgs: * "Failed to install"...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 update interrupted black screen

2. interrupted drivers update black screen

3. laptop doesnt work after an interrupted update