Windows 10: Windows 10 won't boot up, don't know my password to run System repair.

Discus and support Windows 10 won't boot up, don't know my password to run System repair. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I open up my Lenovo laptop one day and see "Repairing C:" I didn't think of it much because the sign in screen came and it all looked fine. I scan my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JohanJohna, May 15, 2020.

1. Windows 10 won't boot up, don't know my password to run System repair.

I open up my Lenovo laptop one day and see "Repairing C:" I didn't think of it much because the sign in screen came and it all looked fine. I scan my finger, sign in and my wallpaper doesn't show up. The taskbar keeps flickering on and off. I panick and look up what to do. I see a lot of videos telling to run system repair from the boot screen. And when I try to do this, Windows aske me for the password of my account. I wasn't aware my account had a password so I entered my pin. As you might've guessed that didn't work. This laptop given to me by my uncle, who had made the account. He tells me he's forgotten the password and that the account is local.

Tl;dr - Need to run System Repair from the boot screen but don't know the password for the local account. Cannot access my data and the system. Can my data be salvaged and what should I do next?

:)

JohanJohna, May 15, 2020
  2. tops Win User

Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

3. Volume Mute Light won´t change color

I can´t find anything that addresses my actual problem.I have seen that others have also experienced this problem but I have not found a solution that works. My ProBook was originally Win 7 pro, updated to Win 10 pro but HP won´t update because of its age (for me, brand new-just bought it a few days ago) so I don´t really know what to do. Sure, just a minor glitch but a very irritating one (that orange is just way too bright!) that should be a snap to fix (or not-I don´t know, I think my 4 year old granddaughter has better computer skills than I do!) English is not the default language so many of the commands must be translated-just another hassel to deal with. I finally found the systemconfig. box. Selective start and discovered that ALL the service boxes are checked. Good, bad, doesn´t make a difference: I just don´t know.

mrsnakeman, May 15, 2020
  4. Windows 10 won't boot up, don't know my password to run System repair.

Windows 10 won´t boot into automatic repair neither safe mode or any of the other options

Hi,

Welcome and thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We regret the inconvenience caused to you.

I suggest you to create an installation media for Windows 10 and perform Automatic Repair.

Download Windows 10

Follow the below steps:

• After you boot your computer using
      Windows 10 CD/ DVD or System Repair Disc, a black screen appears with gray text "Press any key to boot from CD or DVD". Press any key.

• Select the correct time and Keyboard type.

• Click on Repair your computer
      in the lower left corner.

• Select Troubleshoot
      from Choose an option screen.

• Click on Advanced options
      in Troubleshoot screen.

• Click on Automatic Repair
      from Advanced Options screen.

• Next, choose the operating system by clicking on its button.

• Windows 10 will look for problems on hard drive(s) and verify that all required files are intact.

Hope it helps.

Let us know the status, we are glad to assist you further.

Abdul_Malik, May 15, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 won't boot up, don't know my password to run System repair.

1. Windows 10 won't boot up, don't know my password to run System repair. - Similar Threads - won't boot don't

2. My PC won't start and to do anything in advanced repair I need a password which I don't know.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My PC won't start and to do anything in advanced repair I need a password which I don't know.: Recently my windows 10 pc wasn't able to start because of bad system config info. I messed up and changed security file in D:\Windows\System32\Config\Security\and now if I try to do anything in Advanced repair it asks for password, I type in the password and it doesn't work....
  3. My monitor won't wake on system boot up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My monitor won't wake on system boot up: My desktop is a Dell Inspiron 3881, Windows 10. Recently my monitor started failing to wake up when booting up my PC. The flashing light came on fine, but the monitor was just black and the usual Dell logo didn't appear. I changed some settings to try to resolve it. That only...
  4. My PC won't boot up, windows startup repair won't work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My PC won't boot up, windows startup repair won't work: Windows is not bitting up after some updates regarding winload.efi. Start up repair won't help on fixing the issue. What to do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pc-wont-boot-up-windows-startup-repair-wont/1b7e9e41-e810-4b53-a96d-2d5be7775823
  5. My PC won't boot up, windows startup repair won't work

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My PC won't boot up, windows startup repair won't work: Windows is not bitting up after some updates regarding winload.efi. Start up repair won't help on fixing the issue. What to do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pc-wont-boot-up-windows-startup-repair-wont/1b7e9e41-e810-4b53-a96d-2d5be7775823
  6. My PC won't boot up, windows startup repair won't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Virus Damage my System and it won't boot up

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Virus Damage my System and it won't boot up: I got a virus on my pc that killed it and it doesn't even power on. Does anyone how to help me fix it?[Original Title: My pc died] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/virus-damage-my-system-and-it-wont-boot-up/37363768-bf4f-4499-90b3-1741f07201e3
  8. Don't know how to Run System File checker

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Don't know how to Run System File checker: I'm trying to get a video game to work on my computer and nothing seems to work. After being in contact with the games publisher support for 3 days now, they suggested to run system file checker, I don't know how to do that. I can't make sense of the Microsoft's step by step...
  9. I don't know my Administrator password in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    I don't know my Administrator password in Windows 10: How do I find out my Administrator password in Windows 10? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-dont-know-my-administrator-password-in-windows/b5c79521-ca22-4034-9cb9-f10389166fd0
  10. Windows 10 boot up repair

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 boot up repair: Hello Microsoft, My Explorer.exe has been failing to run on start up for some time now. I've tried everything I can think of short of reinstalling windows. I looked at the 'shell' value which was correct. Tried booting in safe mode but it still fails to start automatically....