Windows 10: Windows 10, wont boot up with mouse, everthing will run correctly after a hard restart

Discus and support Windows 10, wont boot up with mouse, everthing will run correctly after a hard restart in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Power supply went out, replaced, only way to boot up HP pavilion is to do a hard restart now, prior to replacing the power supply it worked great.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by TomNeff1, Feb 10, 2020.

1. TomNeff1 Win User

Windows 10, wont boot up with mouse, everthing will run correctly after a hard restart

Power supply went out, replaced, only way to boot up HP pavilion is to do a hard restart now, prior to replacing the power supply it worked great.

Thank you in advance for any assistance.

:)

TomNeff1, Feb 10, 2020
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Feb 10, 2020
  3. Mussels Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Feb 10, 2020
  4. Windows 10, wont boot up with mouse, everthing will run correctly after a hard restart

little cat, Feb 10, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10, wont boot up with mouse, everthing will run correctly after a hard restart

1. Windows 10, wont boot up with mouse, everthing will run correctly after a hard restart - Similar Threads - wont boot mouse

2. After Secure boot, windows wont boot up.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After Secure boot, windows wont boot up.: Hello.I was trying to enable secure boot on my Lenovo laptop for windows 11. After enabling in BIOS i was stuck on statup and a screen with PCI-e boot or my harddrive came up for a choise to select. It didn't make any difference witch of them i took, I just came back.I looked...
  3. After Secure boot, windows wont boot up.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    After Secure boot, windows wont boot up.: Hello.I was trying to enable secure boot on my Lenovo laptop for windows 11. After enabling in BIOS i was stuck on statup and a screen with PCI-e boot or my harddrive came up for a choise to select. It didn't make any difference witch of them i took, I just came back.I looked...
  4. computer wont run correctly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    computer wont run correctly: I would like to know why it is so damn difficult to get hold of MS to fix my computer. Used to be call a numberand someone took control of my computer. Now all you get is the run around. Why am I paying good money for help and cannot get it...
  5. computer wont run correctly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    computer wont run correctly: I would like to know why it is so damn difficult to get hold of MS to fix my computer. Used to be call a numberand someone took control of my computer. Now all you get is the run around. Why am I paying good money for help and cannot get it...
  6. cloned hard drive wont boot up

in Windows 10 Support
    cloned hard drive wont boot up: Hi all Can anyone help cloned a hard drive to a bigger drive but no matter what i try i cannot boot up i have a hp compaq elite 8300 183823
  7. Windows 10 Hard DriveGTP wont boot up after formatting Recovery, ReservedMSR and system...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Hard DriveGTP wont boot up after formatting Recovery, ReservedMSR and system...: I made a bootable Windows 7 USB 32 GB and booted my pc with it, in the installation menu it was asking me to choose a partition out of the 6 partition from mymain hard drive 1TB not the USB 32GB on which it was booted on. The six of partitions of my hard drive which were...
  8. windows wont boot after restart

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows wont boot after restart: Hi folks every time widows updates and restarts or I restart the pc I end up having to find a restore point that will work or reset the thing keeping my files. Why cant windows simply restart without screwing up? now the settings app keeps crashing what's going on...
  9. Windows 10 Wont boot up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Wont boot up: Hi, I recently got my hands on a refurbished Opti Plex 780 series and I am starting to have problems after I came back from work. When I try to boot the computer up it shows a black screen and occasionally if you wait long enough it would show vertical orange/white stripes...
  10. Mouse wont work after boot, but runs fine after running sfc?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse wont work after boot, but runs fine after running sfc?: Hi, I've been having a problem lately where after logging into windows I cant click anything, I can right click, but thats it. And if a window is open, if I left click, it deselects that window as if My mouse click clicks behind the open window. But, get this, if I open...