Windows 10: Windows 10 Won't Boot When Using System Restore After Updating

Discus and support Windows 10 Won't Boot When Using System Restore After Updating in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I encountered this problem this week. https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/microsoft/windows-10-wont-boot-when-using-system-restore-after-updating/... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by giiancarlo, May 18, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Won't Boot When Using System Restore After Updating

I encountered this problem this week.

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/microsoft/windows-10-wont-boot-when-using-system-restore-after-updating/

My resolution was, in Troubleshoot > Advanced Options per the article, to initiate the System Restore yet again, restoring the same restore point I had been attempting to restore from inside the Windows 10 environment. More details here,

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/edge/forum/all/edge-browser-was-crashing-now-windows-crashes/0feb22f4-4f60-457f-9b09-d8f9bfb6f65b

Unfortunately, the problem I'm having with Edge browser is not resolved

:)

giiancarlo, May 18, 2019

2. System restore failed and now my computer won' t boot at all

Hi Bjørn,

To address this concern, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

Method 1:

Disconnect all the external devices (printers, scanner, USB (universal serial bus) drives, etc...) except mouse and the keyboard and then boot up. If this corrects the issue then add the devices back one at a time until you discover the
    piece of hardware causing the issue. Then get any updated drivers\software for the device.

Method 2:

Perform a Startup repair from Advance boot option

• Boot your computer using a Windows 10 CD/ DVD or System Repair Disc.

• Select the correct time and keyboard type.

• Click on Repair your computer in the lower left corner.

• Select Troubleshoot from the Choose an option screen.

• Click on Advanced options in the Troubleshoot screen.

• Click on Startup Repair from the Advanced Options screen.

• Next, choose the operating system.

• Windows 10 will look for problems on hard drive(s) and verify that all required files are intact.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Ronald San, May 18, 2019
  3. KBD
    KBD Win User
    PC Won't Boot After Install and Restart

I was able to clear CMOS by taking out the battery and then putting it in after 5 min. That helped and i was able to boot, i got some kind of a checksum error and was given a choice to restore to last known good configuration or to default, i chose option number 1 and was able to boot into Windows, however after i restarted the PC i was back to square 1 where system wouldn't boot as before.

What do i do now? Clear CMOS again and attempt to boot into Windows do a system restore and uninstall that program that may have been the cause of this problem? Any suggestions?

4. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 Won't Boot When Using System Restore After Updating

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, May 18, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Won't Boot When Using System Restore After Updating

1. Windows 10 Won't Boot When Using System Restore After Updating - Similar Threads - Won't Boot Using

2. Using System Restore After Windows Update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Using System Restore After Windows Update: I saw in google don't install latest windows update if using system restore. So, don't revert windows update after new windows update finish updating right? I scared it will cause stop error and never goes to windows dekstop....
  3. Using System Restore After Windows Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Using System Restore After Windows Update: I saw in google don't install latest windows update if using system restore. So, don't revert windows update after new windows update finish updating right? I scared it will cause stop error and never goes to windows dekstop....
  4. Using System Restore After Windows Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 won’t boot after System Restore

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 won’t boot after System Restore: System Restore is a feature that allows you to take Windows 10 to a state where everything was working fine. But then it may so happen that when you try tried restoring, the computer just does not reboot! The system may initiate an Automatic Repair, but it keeps booting back...
  6. Windows Update issue after using a system restore point.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update issue after using a system restore point.: Hello, I am currently facing an issue in which it is showcasing me to update my Windows 10 but after im restarting my PC , the message still displays to update my Windows. A little bit of flashback ; When I wanted to undo a system recovery point I did one system recovery...
  7. Windows 10 Update... Now it won't Boot or Restore.

Windows 10 Update... Now it won't Boot or Restore.: Windows apparently updated over the night. When I tried to restart the machine the circle just spins after the BIOS screen. I've tried: Startup repair System Restore - none of the 3 restore points loaded System Restore from Safe Mode Uninstall Quality Update Uninstall...
  8. Seeking Comments on this: Windows 10 Won't Boot When Using System Rest

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Seeking Comments on this: Windows 10 Won't Boot When Using System Rest: Seeking Comments on this: Windows 10 Won't Boot When Using System Restore After Updating ~ Howdy All! *Smile As a user of System Restore ... who creates a new one every morning and {before &} after installs, uninstalls, updates, etc. ... I'm interested to learn what the...
  9. Windows won't start after system restore.

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Windows won't start after system restore.: I installed latest updates on 1/10/2016 and when next started could not connect to the internet. Diagnostic check said there was a problem with network driver but on checking driver was up to date and working. Why wouldn't it be? Anyway I uninstalled updates and re-booted but...
  10. Windows 10 won't boot after restoring partition

Windows 10 won't boot after restoring partition: Around a year ago I wanted to test out Windows 10, so I created a 100GB partition on my 250GB SSD and installed it there and dual booted with my main OS Windows 7. After a few months I was beginning to run out of space and decided to stick with just Windows 7. However, in...