Windows 10: Windows 10 won't boot with Asus usb wireless adapter plugged in

Discus and support Windows 10 won't boot with Asus usb wireless adapter plugged in in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; PC was working fine with windows 7 when I installed the driver for a ASUS usb N wireless adapter. Once I updated to windows 10 the pc stopped booting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Leethe Bee, Apr 5, 2020.

1. Windows 10 won't boot with Asus usb wireless adapter plugged in

PC was working fine with windows 7 when I installed the driver for a ASUS usb N wireless adapter.

Once I updated to windows 10 the pc stopped booting when the adapter is plugged in to any usb port.

IE: when power bank is energized the pc will normally do a momentary light up on the power button and the fan will energize. With the wireless adapter in place the system stays dead. Removing the wireless adapter then will allow the system to energize and boot. While booting I can plug in the adapter to any usb port and the system will boot normally with internet available directly on boot end.

Changed setting in bios, hdd first and removed usb from boot sequence. No change in behavior.

:)

Leethe Bee, Apr 5, 2020

2. Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, Apr 5, 2020
  3. scraff Win User
    My pc won´t boot Windows 10 from USB/DVD

So I wanted to change from my Windows 10 x32 bits to 64x. I downloaded the Mediacreationtool and used it in both a USB and a DVD. Tried used the usb, the disk and both at the same time but they won´t boot.

I have a P7H55-M motherboard, the BIOS is updated and configured to boot first DVD, second usb and third SATA.

So if someone could help me it´d be great.

scraff, Apr 5, 2020
  4. MrDoh Win User

Windows 10 won't boot with Asus usb wireless adapter plugged in

Anniversary Update and Asus USB-AC56 Wireless Adapter

I've been using an Asus USB-AC56 wireless adapter with my desktop. Windows 10 Pro with Anniversary Update. This wireless adapter used to work well with my desktop before the Anniversary Update, and now it connects for a little while and then disconnects. Windows actually disables the adapter, so there's something bad going on with it. Luckily I have a wired connection that I can use in the interim.

I've tried installing the latest utilities and driver (from Asus), repairing them, reinstalling them, using the Windows troubleshooter, and on and on. I cannot get this wireless adapter to work for any period of time. Like I said, used to work great, now it doesn't.

Has anyone else run into this? Anyone been able to fix it?

If not, is there a wireless adapter that can be recommended for Windows 10 with the AU? Looks like I may be in the market.

Thanks.

MrDoh, Apr 5, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 won't boot with Asus usb wireless adapter plugged in

1. Windows 10 won't boot with Asus usb wireless adapter plugged in - Similar Threads - won't boot Asus

2. Wireless adapter won't start

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wireless adapter won't start: Wireless adapter won't start https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wireless-adapter-wont-start/0af7dbc0-507e-40e7-846a-51fec977ce9f
  3. Wireless adapter won't start

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wireless adapter won't start: Wireless adapter won't start https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wireless-adapter-wont-start/0af7dbc0-507e-40e7-846a-51fec977ce9f
  4. USB wireless adapter install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB wireless adapter install: Im trying to install a wireless usb adaptor and I keep getting a "a service installation section in this INF is invalid" can someone help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-wireless-adapter-install/04c3b86c-b585-437a-929a-76cb836fff07
  5. USB wireless adapter install

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    USB wireless adapter install: Im trying to install a wireless usb adaptor and I keep getting a "a service installation section in this INF is invalid" can someone help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-wireless-adapter-install/04c3b86c-b585-437a-929a-76cb836fff07
  6. external usb wireless adapter

external usb wireless adapter: what is the meaning of IEEE802.11 WLAN not exist and how can i solve this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-usb-wireless-adapter/793d5d15-100d-4400-b129-5791dc9214dd
  7. USB Xbox wireless adapter on MacBook Pro. Windows 10 boot camp

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    USB Xbox wireless adapter on MacBook Pro. Windows 10 boot camp: Has anyone been able to use the wireless adapter on bootcamped windows 10? The device appears but windows can’t find drivers online. I downloaded the drivers manually but when I point windows to the folder containing the drivers it says none were found. I know I can plug in a...
  8. Windows 10 won't boot with SSD plugged in.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 won't boot with SSD plugged in.: So a while back I got a new motherboard the MSI A320M PRO VD/S V2. Off course this came along with some new ram and a new CPU. Right now I have 3 storage devices plugged in. My HardDrive, my boot SSD and a second SSD for storage. I have this configured that my boot SSD is in...
  9. No drives detected, won't boot if there's a usb plugged in

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No drives detected, won't boot if there's a usb plugged in: I switched off my pc during a 'getting windows ready screen' that got stuck due to the fact I didn't want to leave it on over night. The next day when I tried to boot it, it let off a loud prolonged beep and got stuck in the now very laggy bios menu. Some research online...
  10. Anniversary Update and Asus USB-AC56 Wireless Adapter

Anniversary Update and Asus USB-AC56 Wireless Adapter: I've been using an Asus USB-AC56 wireless adapter with my desktop. Windows 10 Pro with Anniversary Update. This wireless adapter used to work well with my desktop before the Anniversary Update, and now it connects for a little while and then disconnects. Windows actually...