Windows 10: Windows 10 won't boot with SSD plugged in.

Discus and support Windows 10 won't boot with SSD plugged in. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So a while back I got a new motherboard the MSI A320M PRO VD/S V2. Off course this came along with some new ram and a new CPU. Right now I have 3... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Myrras, Jun 1, 2020.

1. Myrras Win User

Windows 10 won't boot with SSD plugged in.

So a while back I got a new motherboard the MSI A320M PRO VD/S V2. Off course this came along with some new ram and a new CPU. Right now I have 3 storage devices plugged in. My HardDrive, my boot SSD and a second SSD for storage. I have this configured that my boot SSD is in SATA 1 and my HardDrive is in SATA 2. Now my other SSD is plugged in via an USB C to USB 3.1 connector on the back of my computer. Every time I try to boot with that SSD plugged in on the back, windows just won't boot. When I take it out then boot my pc it works.

I turned off legacy mode for USB in my bios. I also turned legacy mode off in the boot manager. I made sure that windows boot manager is selected on the SATA 1 drive. It all detects the drives and everything but it just won't boot. It is so weird, I do not understand.

:)

Myrras, Jun 1, 2020
  2. erixx Win User

Sabertooth 990fx won't boot to windows logo, it shuts down

to boot and enter bios and load windows, any todays PSU (with the correct plugs) will work, AFAIK

to enter BIOS only low wattage is used.
    Then, during boot, the HDD and a bit later the videocard card start to demand juice, then the other devices and periphericals... so the total demand during boot up is incrementing step by step, that's why a failure halfway could indicate a PSU problem....

erixx, Jun 1, 2020
  3. windows won't boot from ssd

Its a sata 2 mobo...I just did a fresh install of windows so far so good, I'll plug the other drives in and set bios to boot from the ssd and report back

moocow0463, Jun 1, 2020
  4. Jborg Win User

windows 10 slow boot

I was having a slow boot issue on my Windows 7 install a little while back. It would take about 30 - 40 extra seconds to boot up for whatever reason.

I would try following these steps, while this didn't solve my issue, it did increase Read/Write to where it should be.

10 Tips for SSD Optimization in Windows 7 - Part 1

Looks to be similar to this: SSD Optimization for your Windows Gaming PC and Tips and Tricks

In the end, I had to reinstall my Windows 7 entirely to fix the booting issue. It was taking around 35 seconds to boot, and after the fresh install it takes about 7 seconds to boot.

Jborg, Jun 1, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 won't boot with SSD plugged in. - Similar Threads - won't boot SSD

2. New SSD won't boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New SSD won't boot: I just cloned my Windows 10 partition to a new SSD, but it won't boot. I had Windows set up to dual boot to Windows XP on another partition on the same HD when I cloned it. I did not move that XP partition to the SSD, is that possibly the reason it won't boot? When I try to...
  3. New SSD won't boot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    New SSD won't boot: I just cloned my Windows 10 partition to a new SSD, but it won't boot. I had Windows set up to dual boot to Windows XP on another partition on the same HD when I cloned it. I did not move that XP partition to the SSD, is that possibly the reason it won't boot? When I try to...
  4. My PC won't boot to windows correctly if I have my SSD plugged in.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My PC won't boot to windows correctly if I have my SSD plugged in.: My PC won't boot to windows correctly if I have my SSD plugged in.PC Specs:Ryzen 5 2600MSI B450-A Pro16gb DDR4RX 480 8gbSSD - Samsung 860 Evo Windows 11 NTFS, GPT config It started off when I had an unallocated partition on my Boot SSD. I tried merging it with the main...
  5. My PC won't boot to windows correctly if I have my SSD plugged in.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC won't boot to windows correctly if I have my SSD plugged in.: My PC won't boot to windows correctly if I have my SSD plugged in.PC Specs:Ryzen 5 2600MSI B450-A Pro16gb DDR4RX 480 8gbSSD - Samsung 860 Evo Windows 11 NTFS, GPT config It started off when I had an unallocated partition on my Boot SSD. I tried merging it with the main...
  6. Windows 10 won't boot from New SSD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 won't boot from New SSD: I recently installed an SSD Barracuda 120 in my computer, I kept my original HDD as a secondary drive for storage, this morning after 3 days of normal use, the SSD won't boot into Windows and I'm getting a BSOD Strttrail.txt Error, Windows is not able to repair it and it...
  7. SSD won't boot into windows

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    SSD won't boot into windows: I recently bought a new ssd to replace my old hard drive, however, it won't boot. First i tried cloning windows over to the ssd, but then all it did was boot into safe mode and was unable to repair or diagnose anything. So i formated the ssd and tried installing windows from...
  8. Windows 10 won't boot from ssd

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 won't boot from ssd: I recently cloned windows from my HDD to my SSD on my bios it says that my HDD is the windows boot manager and not my SSD when I change the boot priorities to my SSD and i Boot my pc it says that : "Reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot...
  9. PC won't boot to Windows 10 from SSD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC won't boot to Windows 10 from SSD: I bought my PC years ago with only a HDD. I added a SSD myself afterwards. When I booted my PC after a hard shutdown/electricity fallout I had only my HDD in BIOS. I then boot from HDD, get an error and let the PC reboot. After a few times the SSD would be recognized in BIOS...
  10. Windows 10 won't boot after clone to SSD

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Windows 10 won't boot after clone to SSD: Hi, I recently bought a new Dell Inspiron 7559 laptop, and installed an SSD in the computer's m.2 port. I then cloned the existing HD to the SSD, changed the SSD to the default boot in BIOS, and then re-formatted the HD. Everything worked fine for the first few days - I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows wont boot if an ssd is plugged in