Windows 10: Windows 10 wont boot - works in safe mode

Discus and support Windows 10 wont boot - works in safe mode in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So since my son had my laptop it will not longer boot... (it will boot into safe mode ok) 1) uninstalled the latest windows update and also two... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by dlarge, Feb 9, 2019.

1. dlarge Win User

Windows 10 wont boot - works in safe mode

So since my son had my laptop it will not longer boot... (it will boot into safe mode ok)

1) uninstalled the latest windows update and also two games he had installed before it stopped working.

2) Run chkdsk and SFC (SFC said it fixed some files)

3) Reset PC from troubleshooting bootup - keep files option

4) Run msconfig - selected minimal startup

Error message when it tries to fix automtically is 0x32 in the SrtTrail.txt file

Other error message I have had on bootup after leaving it some considerable time is DPC Watchdog violation - I have tried to update firmware and driver for the SSD drive but the only software I can find from intel has to be installed - it will not install via safe mode - ive tried the windows installer reg key to allow the installer service to run but I still get an error so I cannot install the Intel Utility to upgrade firmware and driver.

Any other help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Dave

:)

dlarge, Feb 9, 2019

2. Windows 10 is not working even in safe mode

Hi All!
    Over the past few days the start menu was not working properly and after trying to fiddle with that for a few days, i decided to reinstall windows 10. The problem with this now is that it boots up properly, but all i get is:

Windows 10 wont boot - works in safe mode windows10hero-100593399-large.png

And the only buttons i have are "Networks" and "Ease of access" in the bottom right. Nothing else. The current build i have for W10 is 10240

If anyone could give me some insight on how to fix this i would be forever grateful!
    Thanks.
    mm

Ps. Safe mode works but i want to be able to run it outside of safe mode without it looking like the picture above.

Mikeyman001, Feb 9, 2019
  3. Can't boot into Normal/Safe Mode with Networking, only safe mode...

Good Evening,
    I could do with some pointers on resolving an issue. I can only boot into windows in safe mode in Windows 10. Normal mode and safe mode with networking doesn't work. The problem occurred after a windows update. I have removed the latest updates that were installed and cleared any pending ones but it still won't boot properly. I have also run the troubleshooter and tried to recovery to an earlier date which also doesn't work.
    The laptop is a HP ENVY 17 notebook. At boot it just gets to the HP logo with the circular loading icon and no further and can only boot it into safe mode. Can anyone recommend the next steps? I have also tried the following;

• stopping startup items
    • uninstalling hardware drivers
    • removing recent software
    • running troubleshooters at boot
    • sfc scan
    • diagnostic/selective startups with minimal services running
    Would the fact that I cant boot into Safe Mode with Networking imply its a network driver related issue?
    Bit of a dead end really, any help would be much appreciated
    Kind regards
    Trevor

trevstonbury, Feb 9, 2019
  4. Windows 10 wont boot - works in safe mode

Boot into Safe Mode on Windows 10  

I am stuck in Safe Mode in spite of following all the suggested steps to go back to Normal Startup - Like opening file location of msconfig.exe & running as Administrator. The computer I am trying to get out of safe mode has just been updated from Windows 7.

GreatWhiteNorth, Feb 9, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 wont boot - works in safe mode

1. Windows 10 wont boot - works in safe mode - Similar Threads - wont boot works

2. Windows 10 will boot in safe mode but not safe mode with networking

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 will boot in safe mode but not safe mode with networking: Have a PC which won’t boot into windows 10. Was working until recently. It hangs on the windows loading screen.I can reboot into safe mode fine but I want to save files to usb as a backup. Many are one OneDrive so won’t allow me to do this. If I boot into safe mode with...
  3. Windows 10 will boot in safe mode but not safe mode with networking

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 will boot in safe mode but not safe mode with networking: Have a PC which won’t boot into windows 10. Was working until recently. It hangs on the windows loading screen.I can reboot into safe mode fine but I want to save files to usb as a backup. Many are one OneDrive so won’t allow me to do this. If I boot into safe mode with...
  4. Windows 10 will boot in safe mode but not safe mode with networking

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows Wont Boot Into Safe Mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Wont Boot Into Safe Mode: Hi Guys,looking for some help. I was trying to fix a Gaming Services issue and through some fixing steps I deleted "Services" in the registry. The PC failed to connect to the internet so I rebooted.1. Now when I reboot I get the FLTMGR.SYS error2. I can't reboot into Safe...
  6. Windows Wont Boot Into Safe Mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Wont Boot Into Safe Mode: Hi Guys,looking for some help. I was trying to fix a Gaming Services issue and through some fixing steps I deleted "Services" in the registry. The PC failed to connect to the internet so I rebooted.1. Now when I reboot I get the FLTMGR.SYS error2. I can't reboot into Safe...
  7. Windows Wont Boot Into Safe Mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Windows 10 Failed Update - Wont Boot Looping, No Safe Mode, No Recovery Mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Failed Update - Wont Boot Looping, No Safe Mode, No Recovery Mode: Hi, I installed, or tried to, a Windows update last night, and the update failed. Now windows wont boot, at all. It will show the windows icon, then loop around. The loop is maybe 1.5 seconds long, if that, and it doesn't make it past the original boot screen. It wont...
  9. Boot in safe mode not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Boot in safe mode not working: I just tried to upgrade my newly built pc to the latest version on windows in order to install some drivers. However, when it finished, my user profile was corrupted and i was unable to log in. Going off of online tutorials to solve this, they all say to boot in safe mode....
  10. Windows 10 Safe Mode wont work with Microsoft Accounts

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Safe Mode wont work with Microsoft Accounts: Hello everyone. I'm writing this post in order to see if someone out there also got hit with the same issue. The issue is simple: If you NEVER logged into your device with your Microsoft Account password it's IMPOSSIBLE to login into Safe Mode. You just can't, at all, it'll...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows wont boot safe mode works