Windows 10: Windows 10 Won't Boot

Discus and support Windows 10 Won't Boot in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I had 1909 installed on a self built PC, Asrock B450 board, Ryzen 1600, HP NVME drive. There was also a 250gb SATA SSD, I upgraded that to a 500gb. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by MrOctober, Dec 1, 2019 at 2:22 AM.

1. MrOctober Win User

Windows 10 Won't Boot

I had 1909 installed on a self built PC, Asrock B450 board, Ryzen 1600, HP NVME drive. There was also a 250gb SATA SSD, I upgraded that to a 500gb. I changed nothing else and when I started up the PC I got a boot error device no found. I thought maybe Windows saw the new SATA drive as the first drive to boot from. So I checked the BIOS and the NVME was set as the boot drive and tried again. Still no boot. I was able to get to bot in Safe Mode though.

First I tried startup repair with a Windows USB drive, with no luck. Then tried it with CMD and diskpart. Again no luck, when I did the list disk, there was no asterisk under GPT for the NVME drive.

I had a Macrium Reflect backup from a month ago that I then used. But same problem, after restoring the image it said no boot device found. I also tried the "fix windows boot problems" with the Macrium rescue disk, but it didn't work.

I finally just reinstalled Windows on the NVME drive and it worked with no boot errors. I then tried the Macrium back restore again. It again gave me a no boot device found after the image restore.

:)

2. tops Win User

Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

3. erixx Win User
    Sabertooth 990fx won't boot to windows logo, it shuts down

to boot and enter bios and load windows, any todays PSU (with the correct plugs) will work, AFAIK

to enter BIOS only low wattage is used.
    Then, during boot, the HDD and a bit later the videocard card start to demand juice, then the other devices and periphericals... so the total demand during boot up is incrementing step by step, that's why a failure halfway could indicate a PSU problem....

4. scraff Win User

Windows 10 Won't Boot

My pc won´t boot Windows 10 from USB/DVD

So I wanted to change from my Windows 10 x32 bits to 64x. I downloaded the Mediacreationtool and used it in both a USB and a DVD. Tried used the usb, the disk and both at the same time but they won´t boot.

I have a P7H55-M motherboard, the BIOS is updated and configured to boot first DVD, second usb and third SATA.

So if someone could help me it´d be great.

Thema:

Windows 10 Won't Boot

1. Windows 10 Won't Boot - Similar Threads - Won't Boot

2. Windows sometimes won't boot because of secondary HDD.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows sometimes won't boot because of secondary HDD.: Hello everyone, I have been trying to figure this one out for some time now, but I just can't find any solution except getting a new HDD. Sometimes my PC will get stuck on spinny points boot screen. Even when trying to boot into the recovery mode it just gets stuck at a...
  3. PC won't boot, fan starts and then stops

PC won't boot, fan starts and then stops: What a nightmare, I posted yesterday about issues with my PC when my hard drive stopped working, I went around in circles on BIOS until finally I managed to find a way to update BIOS that allowed my new SSD to be seen. Great I thought. But then, when the HDD loaded my...
  4. Computer won't boot with external drive plugged in.

Computer won't boot with external drive plugged in.: Version 1903 (OS Build 18362. 476) I've got an external drive where I keep many of my private files. I have shortcuts to them on the desktop. No system files are on it. If the drive is plugged in, the computer won't start. It will start only if that drive is unplugged....
  5. Windows 10 won't boot after a "failed" update.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 won't boot after a "failed" update.: I have encountered several machines that simply stopped booting after an automatic update attempt. I spent 3 days trying to fix the first one and decided to do a clean install on the others. The problem seems to be related to hibernation during the update process - Linux...
  6. Windows 10 won't boot after update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 won't boot after update: My laptop just did a forced Microsoft update for windows 10 and now won't boot at all. All I get is the windows boot manager restarting on a permanent loop with the status 0xc0000225. I cannot get to the advanced options or anything else other than the uefi settings. I do not...
  7. Alienware 15 r3 won't boot/Updated to Windows 1903

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Alienware 15 r3 won't boot/Updated to Windows 1903: So... I bought Red Dead Redemption 2 from Epic the day after the release. I had problems, as did everyone... I am not too familiar with this computer "behind the scenes", I use it mostly for school. I tried everything. Bios, drivers and all. Finally against my better...
  8. Laptop won't boot. Can't boot to safe mode.

Laptop won't boot. Can't boot to safe mode.: submitted by /u/Mckillagorilla [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ds0808/laptop_wont_boot_cant_boot_to_safe_mode/
  9. Fixing dual boot machine that won't boot Windows..

Fixing dual boot machine that won't boot Windows..: So I have a laptop with Windows 10 Pro. I wanted to dual boot and install Ubuntu on it. I shrunk the size of my partition and made a small one for Ubuntu. It now boots up automatically when I turn the computer on. If I go into boot options and select hard drive to boot...
  10. Windows 10 Won't Boot After Hard Reset to SATA SSD in Settings

Windows 10 Won't Boot After Hard Reset to SATA SSD in Settings: I'm really at my wit's end with this; so the other day, I reset my old PC by utilizing the built-in "Reset" option that Windows has. I opted to "Remove Everything", as I am trying to sell this PC and want to make sure none of my data is recoverable. I made no backups or...