Windows 10: Windows 10 won't boot

Discus and support Windows 10 won't boot in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I tried to disable password at startup. Then it told me the password was wrong at startup then I entered the password and it let me in but would not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by frogspasm, Dec 6, 2015.

1. frogspasm Win User

Windows 10 won't boot

I tried to disable password at startup. Then it told me the password was wrong at startup then I entered the password and it let me in but would not let me access the start menu or control panel to change back what I did. I was unable to enter safe mode. Now when it starts it goes to automatic repair which did not fix the problem and took an hour fixing disk problems. when I go troubleshoot advanced options it says there is no restore points, startup repair does not fix it, it says there is no previous build to go back to and it will not let medo anything if I choose startup settings it will not give the option for safe mode and I cannot enter safe mode through f8 or shift f8. Start up repair says the logfile is srttrail.txt It says registry roll back failed, registry is corrupt errorcode 0x2 Number of root causes = 1. Is there anything I can do apart from reset the PC? I don't really want to reinstall everything again

:)

frogspasm, Dec 6, 2015
  2. dinulhaq Win User

Unable to start windows 10 after update?

Windows 10 Won't boot, Won't autorepair, won't go back to previous update after yesterday last update HELP!!

dinulhaq, Dec 6, 2015
  3. no boot situation in windows 10

Original Title: Windows 10

Did the free update for Windows 10, of was working fine, shut it off and now it won't boot up. I can't get past the first screen that says acer. Won't enter set up won't display boot menu. I can't do anything now

camclasson, Dec 6, 2015
  4. davidhk Win User

Windows 10 won't boot

You can do an in-place upgrade, otherwise also known as repair install.
    If you have saved the iso file, right click at it > click Mount > click Setup.exe.
    This method allows you to keep your settings, files and apps.
    No product key is required.
    Activation is automatic.

If you have not saved an iso, use one of the following 2 links to download the iso file...............

Media Creation Tool (MCT)
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/soft...load/windows10

Tech Bench
    http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/softw...load/techbench

Good luck.

davidhk, Dec 6, 2015
  5. frogspasm Win User
    Thanks I will try that now

frogspasm, Dec 6, 2015
  6. davidhk Win User
    OK. Please, don't mess with the password thing.
    What is so bad having have to enter your password on sign in ?

davidhk, Dec 6, 2015
  7. frogspasm Win User
    It didn't work it wants to do the repair install inside windows

frogspasm, Dec 6, 2015
  8. frogspasm Win User

Windows 10 won't boot

I even lost patience and thought resetting my pc would be a faster option even if it requires software installation. But guess what? I tried it and it said there was a problem resetting your pc no changes have been made.

frogspasm, Dec 6, 2015
  9. davidhk Win User
    I gave you the method to do repair install inside Windows.
    The very first reply I posted to you.

davidhk, Dec 6, 2015
  10. frogspasm Win User
    Sorry I must not have made myself clear but the title of the thread is Windows will not boot.

frogspasm, Dec 6, 2015
  11. davidhk Win User
    Ok, then I think reinstall is the only option left.
    You probably know how to do it. But just in case........
    Find another computer, use the links I gave you > download the iso file > burn it to a bootable DVD or USB.
    Take it to the computer that will not boot >use the F key ( most computers use F2 or F12 ) to go to Boot Order screen > set the order to boot to CD/DVD, or USB, depending which bootable media you are using > insert the bootable media > restart computer.
    Follow the prompts from there on.

Hope that will help you.

davidhk, Dec 6, 2015
  12. frogspasm Win User
    thanks I have just finished backing up my files, i booted with a Linux disk. now it won't let install to the c: drive. it says the disk has an mbr partition table on EFI systems windows can only be installed on GPT disks. *Mad I have no idea why there are 3 partitions on the C: drive. Also I had windows 7 ultimate does that mean I install Windows 10 home or pro?

frogspasm, Dec 6, 2015
  13. davidhk Win User

Windows 10 won't boot

I have no answer to you issue except ....................
    Also I had windows 7 ultimate does that mean I install Windows 10 home or pro?

Answer : Windows 10 Pro is what you will get upon upgrade.

davidhk, Dec 6, 2015
  14. ryan0810 Win User
    Hi all, hoping someone can help me. As I don't know where to post this... I lost power throughout the night and my desktop keeps coming up with "your pc did not start correctly". Restarting it's won't either. When I troubleshot and do a "rest this pc" it keeps coming up with "there was a problem resetting your pc" no changes were made". Nothing is working for me. Any help guys?

ryan0810, Jan 16, 2016
  15. revmike Win User
    You would probably get better results if you would start a new thread.

revmike, Jan 17, 2016
Thema:

Windows 10 won't boot

1. Windows 10 won't boot - Similar Threads - won't boot

2. Windows won't boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows won't boot: Hello,My PC won't boot windows. It only shows the motherboard logo when starting up and then the screen goes black, my monitor indicates no signal. When I fail to boot a few times 3 I get into a blue screen menu with options. This allows me to boot windows in both safe mode...
  3. Windows won't boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows won't boot: Hello,My PC won't boot windows. It only shows the motherboard logo when starting up and then the screen goes black, my monitor indicates no signal. When I fail to boot a few times 3 I get into a blue screen menu with options. This allows me to boot windows in both safe mode...
  4. Windows won't boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows 10 won't boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 won't boot: HeySo I have a Toshiba laptop, and I installed on it windows 10 a month ago. It was working fine but yesterday I tried to boot it but it says that the HDD failed. The HDD health is 95% so its good and I do have fast boot turned off.My laptop used to boot like this :It first a...
  6. Windows 10 won't boot

Windows 10 won't boot: HeySo I have a Toshiba laptop, and I installed on it windows 10 a month ago. It was working fine but yesterday I tried to boot it but it says that the HDD failed. The HDD health is 95% so its good and I do have fast boot turned off.My laptop used to boot like this :It first a...
  7. Windows 10 won't boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Windows 11 24H2 won't boot if the PC does not support this CPU feature

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 11 24H2 won't boot if the PC does not support this CPU feature: Microsoft is changing the system requirements of the upcoming Windows 11 24H2 feature update. When Microsoft released Windows 11, it changed the minimum system requirements significantly. This locked out millions of Windows 10 devices from the upgrade to Windows 11. Now it...
  9. PC won't boot after recent Windows 11 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC won't boot after recent Windows 11 update: System: Asus Prime X570P Ryzen 3 MoBoRyzen 7 5700x CPURog Strix RTX 3080 Nvidia GPU2Tb Samsung M.232Gb Corsair Vengeance RAMCorsair RM850 PSUJust before I went to bed last night, I saw that windows needed an update. I thought nothing of it, clicked "Update and Shut Down" and...
  10. PC won't boot after recent Windows 11 update

PC won't boot after recent Windows 11 update: System: Asus Prime X570P Ryzen 3 MoBoRyzen 7 5700x CPURog Strix RTX 3080 Nvidia GPU2Tb Samsung M.232Gb Corsair Vengeance RAMCorsair RM850 PSUJust before I went to bed last night, I saw that windows needed an update. I thought nothing of it, clicked "Update and Shut Down" and...