Windows 10: windows 10 wont boot

Discus and support windows 10 wont boot in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Windows 10 has given me a blue screen when it loads up. It states "your pc ran into a problem and needs to restart, you can restart" stop code:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by koopakid4, Jul 4, 2017.

1. koopakid4 Win User

windows 10 wont boot

Windows 10 has given me a blue screen when it loads up. It states "your pc ran into a problem and needs to restart, you can restart"

stop code: system thread exception not handled
    what failed:FLTMGR.SYS

This is absolutely crazy, i cant get into windows. I tried creating a iso media disk and it gets to the advanced settings point but it wont repair the pc, wont system restore and i have run on command prompt: sfc scannow and checkdisk that found errors but it still wont do anything but stay on that stupid screen when it reboots.

I mean come on, this must be treatable i cant belive in this day and age i am stuck on a bsod screen and windows 10 cant be fixed. The partitions are still showing that wondows is still on the hard drive etc, wtf is going on here guys? I need help fast i need the pc for my job.

Thanks

:)

koopakid4, Jul 4, 2017
  2. jr283 Win User
    jr283, Jul 4, 2017
  3. zbook New Member

windows 10 wont boot

Were there any recent changes in hardware or software?
    Are your files backed up?
    Had you created an image of the drive?
    Were there any known problems with the drive?
    Please post information about your computer: Manufacturer, model etc.

There are 3 strategies that you could try.

1) attempt to use the windows recovery or advanced troubleshooting menu on a windows 10 iso
    2) registry repair using a bootable windows 10 iso
    3) use Macrium reflect with a bootable flash drive

Method #1
    Each computer manufacturer has a F key in which you can boot to a device.
    For HP computers it would be the F9 key.
    You would boot to the windows 10 iso.
    If it is a custom computer you likely will need to change the boot order in the bios.
    Once you boot to the iso you navigate to the windows advanced troubleshooting menu on the iso and try any of the available repair options.

Method #2
    Registry repair
    If you want to try this method let us know and we can post text.
    There are many youtube videos on the registry repair.

Method #3
    This method is most popular on ten forums and is the plan that generally works when the others fail.
    This is a link with text and images: Use Macrium Reflect Rescue Media to Fix Windows Boot Issues Windows 10 General Tips Tutorials

For all of the methods you will need a flash drive in which you can format.

This link is if you are able to boot to windows advanced recovery on the malfunctioning computer: Boot to Advanced Startup Options in Windows 10 Windows 10 Installation Upgrade Tutorials

This link is on how to create a bootable recovery disk: Windows 10 Recovery Tools - Bootable Rescue Disk - Windows 10 Forums

This link is on Fkeys by manufacturer to boot to a bootable device or to the bios: List of PC brands with their corresponding hot-keys

zbook, Jul 4, 2017
  4. pepanee Win User
    pepanee, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

windows 10 wont boot

1. windows 10 wont boot - Similar Threads - wont boot

2. Windows wont boot. Shows my microsoft account but password doesnt work?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows wont boot. Shows my microsoft account but password doesnt work?: So my windows 10 pc wont boot. When attempting to fix it with any of the advanced options but I need a password for what looks like my microsoft account. Somehow the password for that account is not the same for my pc. Although when i log into my microsoft account, I can see...
  3. Windows wont boot. Shows my microsoft account but password doesnt work?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows wont boot. Shows my microsoft account but password doesnt work?: So my windows 10 pc wont boot. When attempting to fix it with any of the advanced options but I need a password for what looks like my microsoft account. Somehow the password for that account is not the same for my pc. Although when i log into my microsoft account, I can see...
  4. Windows wont boot. Shows my microsoft account but password doesnt work?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Bootcamp i tried to extend my c drive and now windows wont boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bootcamp i tried to extend my c drive and now windows wont boot: I have all the bootcamp drivers installed and windows was booting just fine before tli extended the c drive btw when i try to boot just a black screen no logo no nothing Bootcamp with MPB mid 2014...
  6. Bootcamp i tried to extend my c drive and now windows wont boot

Bootcamp i tried to extend my c drive and now windows wont boot: I have all the bootcamp drivers installed and windows was booting just fine before tli extended the c drive btw when i try to boot just a black screen no logo no nothing Bootcamp with MPB mid 2014...
  7. Changed to gpt and uefi bios, now windows wont boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changed to gpt and uefi bios, now windows wont boot: I changed my ssd from mbr to gpt in order to be able to upgrade from windows 10 to windows 11. While in uefi boot mode my ssd is not showing up in boot priority and i can not boot windows. I have an asus motherboard, amd cpu and amd gpu. The ssd is a samsung 850 evo m.2...
  8. Changed to gpt and uefi bios, now windows wont boot

Changed to gpt and uefi bios, now windows wont boot: I changed my ssd from mbr to gpt in order to be able to upgrade from windows 10 to windows 11. While in uefi boot mode my ssd is not showing up in boot priority and i can not boot windows. I have an asus motherboard, amd cpu and amd gpu. The ssd is a samsung 850 evo m.2...
  9. Changed to gpt and uefi bios, now windows wont boot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. HP 15 Notebook wont boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    HP 15 Notebook wont boot: Today, I used "Rufus" to install a custom OS version My BIOS version was F.39 I believe, I went to the "Choose an option." I tried to delete the so called "Windows 11." Again, this is a fan made OS AND IT WOULDNT DELETE It just says, "There was a problem resetting your PC." I...