Windows 10: Windows 10 Won't Burn CD's or DVD's BUT Plays CDs/DVDs HELP!

Discus and support Windows 10 Won't Burn CD's or DVD's BUT Plays CDs/DVDs HELP! in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So I tossed on a CD which played well, same with a DVD the movie played well too. But when I tried burning a blank CD using Windows Media Player it did... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by napy666, Apr 19, 2020.

1. napy666 Win User

Windows 10 Won't Burn CD's or DVD's BUT Plays CDs/DVDs HELP!

So I tossed on a CD which played well, same with a DVD the movie played well too. But when I tried burning a blank CD using Windows Media Player it did not work, then I tried two other programs CDBurnerXP and ImgBurn neither one would work either. I am trying to burn MP3 files onto a blank CD to enjoy listening too in my car. So what's going on with my CD/DVD Drive? It did burn a CD for me a few months but now not sure what the issue is and need to know how to fix this problem! Find links to my screen shots of the issues below. I am running Version 1903 (OS Build 18362.778).

Capture-0 — ImgBB
    Capture1 — ImgBB
    Capture2 — ImgBB
    Capture3 — ImgBB

:)

napy666, Apr 19, 2020
  2. powerage Win User

CD/DVD will not burn cd's

I'm running Windows 10 64 bit on a Toshiba L645D-4040 with a Matshita DVD-RAM UJ890AS CD/DVD drive. I cannot burn a cd with it, using 3 different programs. It plays DVD's and Cd's fine. I have searched for the answer for 5 hours now and cannot find a solution.

powerage, Apr 19, 2020
  3. wont burn a dvd or cd

Hi Ronnie,

We would need additional information to help us isolate the issue with Windows Media Player not burning CD or DVD. Kindly verify the following:

• Were there any recent changes made to your computer prior to the issue? (Windows update, software or hardware installation, etc.)
    • Were you able to burn DVD and CD before?
    • Did you get an error message when you attempted to burn a CD/DVD? What was the exact error?
    • What file format were you trying to burn?
    • Which version of Windows Media Player do you use?

For the mean time, check out this article for some tips on burning a DVD or CD in Windows Media Player.

Awaiting your response.

Joanna 777, Apr 19, 2020
  4. Wayne03 Win User

burning cds and dvds in windows 10

My computer store suggests giving up and either buy third party burning software or forget about burning CDs and DVDs to play on other devices.

Wayne03, Apr 19, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Won't Burn CD's or DVD's BUT Plays CDs/DVDs HELP! - Similar Threads - Won't Burn CD's

2. CD/DVD Problem. DVDs are recognised but not CDs

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    CD/DVD Problem. DVDs are recognised but not CDs: Can anyone help end my frustration?I recently started ripping my CD collection to FLAC on an external drive, using Windows Media Player, going from ABBA to Zydeco. I got as far as the letter G and tried the Gorillaz CD which turned out to be an enhanced CD which I couldn't...
  3. burn CDs or DVDS using Windows DVD Player

burn CDs or DVDS using Windows DVD Player: Can I burn CDs or DVDS using Windows DVD Player? On Windows 10 I can't burn CDs or DVDs with provided software. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/burn-cds-or-dvds-using-windows-dvd-player/16e14a78-467c-420b-aa9c-985b4a1afb34
  4. internal dvd player stopped working-won't play dvds or cds

internal dvd player stopped working-won't play dvds or cds: or anything else. It shows up in My Computer, but will not work. Checking it in Device Manager, the message is there is no problem with the player, or the driver. Super strange, have never encountered this. I have an Acer All-In-One, and if I can't fix it, I will just...
  5. DVD Drive not reading DVDs/CDs in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    DVD Drive not reading DVDs/CDs in Windows 10: So recently I have been wanting to rip some of my DVD library (for personal use, of course), but for some reason the DVD drive on my laptop (Lenovo Thinkpad T430) is not reading the discs which I put in. I am about to purchase an external DVD drive to read the DVDs, but I...
  6. CD/DVD device won't burn DVD's

CD/DVD device won't burn DVD's: I am trying to burn a DVD using Roxio Creator, and also tried another software, but they start and seem to be working but the DVD ejects and won't burn the files. The device worked before the latest Windows update. I've tried burning a CD, and DVD+R DL with the same...
  7. Burned CDs and DVDs on Windows 7 wont't play or recognized on Windows 10

Burned CDs and DVDs on Windows 7 wont't play or recognized on Windows 10: Hi guys, I need some help. I have a few CDs and DVDs that contains both video and media files that I burned a few years ago using a software on Windows 7, now I'm trying to play them on Windows 10 and nothing happens. I can play any other Original CDs and DVDs on my...
  8. Cant burn DVDs but i can Burn CDs

Cant burn DVDs but i can Burn CDs: Hello i have the error write speed too fast or too slow to burn disc, i have tried everything i can find online, i even opened the laptop up and took the driver out but i cannot see anything wrong, i have tried different software and different speeds nothing is working its...
  9. CD/DVD drive cannot read/write DVDs - CDs OK

CD/DVD drive cannot read/write DVDs - CDs OK: I am running AMD Athlon 64x2 Dual Core Processor 4000+ 2.1Ghz with NVidia GeForce GT730 graphic card and my CD/DVD drive cannot read/write DVDs. When a DVD is inserted the drive runs for a minute or more and then I get an error message either "insert the disc and try again"...
  10. DVD drive won't burn DVDs in Windows 10

DVD drive won't burn DVDs in Windows 10: PC is on Windows 10 1803 64 bit - it has an inbuilt DVD drive and I've recently bought an external USB DVD drive. The update to 1803 build took several attempts this summer. The new external drive is recognised by Windows, but no discs (e.g. commercial music CDs, or new...