Windows 10: Windows 10 won't connect to Win 7 homegroup

Discus and support Windows 10 won't connect to Win 7 homegroup in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I just got a new HP desktop running win 10. I already have a local network with two laptops running win 10 and one desktop running win 7. The win 7 pc... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Debachu, Feb 15, 2020.

1. Debachu Win User

Windows 10 won't connect to Win 7 homegroup

I just got a new HP desktop running win 10. I already have a local network with two laptops running win 10 and one desktop running win 7. The win 7 pc serves as my media server and has a homegroup enabled with sharing. My new PC recognizes the win 7 pc on the network but I get an error saying that I am not authorized to access the machine when I click on it in file manager. My other two laptops running win 10 have no problem seeing the win 7 machine and accessing the files. My win 7 machine can also see my new HP machine so it seems to me that the issue is on the new machine.

I've looked at everything that I can think of and all of the settings look good to me. I've also run the troubleshooter without any results.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

:)

Debachu, Feb 15, 2020
  2. tamo Win User

iPhone won,t connect win 10 Pro

Windows 10 won't connect to Win 7 homegroup [​IMG]

3. tamo Win User
    iPhone won,t connect win 10 Pro

Windows 10 won't connect to Win 7 homegroup [​IMG]

4. KenLyle Win User

With Each major Win 10 and Win 7 update Homegroups are killed? Help?

Unfortunately, the HomeGroup troubleshooter is unable to identify the problem.

At this point I am inclined to believe the problem was a corrupt Windows 7 Update (the most recent one). And unfortunately "recovery" to a few weeks prior was unable to resolve the problem.

So the only solution is to attempt a full clean install of either Win 7 or Win 10, and say a prayer.

The Win 7 computer still has access to the wireless router and internet, it is just unable to connect to the HomeGroup to gain access to the shared Windows 10 printers like it did before (or anything else shared from the Win 10 computer).

KenLyle, Feb 15, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 won't connect to Win 7 homegroup - Similar Threads - won't connect homegroup

2. Talking to a Win 7 computer with homegroup gone

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Talking to a Win 7 computer with homegroup gone: I share my printer with my wife. She has the printer on her computer, running Win 7 because Win 10 didn't work well on her computer. I am running Win 10 (would go back to 7 if I could, this thing takes forever to boot up). How do I get access to the printer on her computer?...
  3. Homegroup won't recognize Windows 7/Windows 10 connection

Homegroup won't recognize Windows 7/Windows 10 connection: I had two windows 7 machines connected. Machine 1 was replaced with a windows 10 model. It is the machine that the printer was connected to. Now the homegroup function seems not to recognize the other machine, Machine 2. I've tried connecting from each machine and the other...
  4. Homegroup/Workgroup Windows 10 and Windows 7

Homegroup/Workgroup Windows 10 and Windows 7: I am trying to network two computers. One has Windows 7 and one, Windows 10. Apparently, Microsoft recently removed Homegroup from Windows 10. Any ideas on how to do this? A simple peer to peer network is all I seek. A temporary solution until our cloud server is up and...
  5. WIN 10 connect to Win 7

WIN 10 connect to Win 7: How can I network two computers one WIN 10 and the other WIN 7. WIN 10 no longer has a home group facility. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/win-10-connect-to-win-7/b830d9bd-5e2d-401c-a8ec-845d4162bba7
  6. homegroup with one Win 7 and one Win 10 computer?

homegroup with one Win 7 and one Win 10 computer?: I tried creating a homegroup on a Windows 7 computer. When I try to join it from my Windows 10 computer, it says it detects it, and asks for a password, but suddenly reports that it no longer exists and fails to join it. Any idea why this is, or how to debug it? 53590
  7. Windows 7, Windows 10 and NAS connectivity - Homegroup setup

Windows 7, Windows 10 and NAS connectivity - Homegroup setup: Hi all At the moment I have my main PC (Main) upgraded to Win 10 Pro x64 , and a Media PC (Media) on Win 7 Ultimate x64(Media) and a variety of Netgear and Buffalo NAS devices. These are currently all networked via a Workgroup with no problems. Issue: To use Cortana on...
  8. Windows 10 Joining A Windows 7 HomeGroup

Windows 10 Joining A Windows 7 HomeGroup: So I am on Windows 10 now. Was on Windows 7 ultimate prior to upgrading. I have my NAS setup on my router upstairs but every so often it gets knocked offline (Not sure if that's the drive or network issue) but I was wondering if there was an easy way to join the homegroup...
  9. Cannot connect to HOMEGROUP on Win 10 Pro or Home

Cannot connect to HOMEGROUP on Win 10 Pro or Home: Back in Win 7, I had my wife's Home PC networked to my Pro PC to share files, etc, through 'Homegroup'. I upgraded to Win 10 on both PCs and now cannot send files from one PC to another. I tried to 'join' Homegroup but I cannot remember the original password. If I...
  10. Homegroup sharing Win.7, to Win. 10

Homegroup sharing Win.7, to Win. 10: Hello all, I am trying to share my files, mainly documents and pictures between my (3) laptops. On my 2 laptops running Windows 7 this is not a problem, but I am unable to share between Win. 7 and Win. 10. I can startup the homegroup, it will recognize the other device on...