Windows 10: Windows 10 won't continue install after reboot

Discus and support Windows 10 won't continue install after reboot in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I'm not sure if this is the place for it, and I have posted this in the Windows 7 forum as well, but I am attempting to upgrade from Windows 7 to 10.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by IronBat, Jul 21, 2016.

1. IronBat Win User

Windows 10 won't continue install after reboot

I'm not sure if this is the place for it, and I have posted this in the Windows 7 forum as well, but I am attempting to upgrade from Windows 7 to 10. Iv'e had a few problems with the process but I have gotten as far as the computer rebooting in order to start the installation, but it just reboots to Windows 7, no errors or other messages, not even any time added to the boot process.

I'm using 64bit, turned off all antivirus etc, unplugged USB devices and the like.

Any suggestions? Thanks

:)

IronBat, Jul 21, 2016

2. No boot disk has been detected or the disk has failed problem after upgrading to Windows 10

My new computer crashed during a clean install of windows 10 (upgrade from windows 8 that came installed with the machine). I've plugged in a usb keyboard/mouse which was at least let me hit escape and get to the startup menu. Unfortunately, after that,
    nothing works. I've gone to my old computer, created a windows installation tool, but the computer won't acknowledge it continues in its endless reboot. Any suggestions?

NoLimits3135, Jul 21, 2016
  3. NTripleA Win User
    Cumulative update KB3172985 won't install

Hello,

I have a new, custom built computer in which I installed Windows 10 as the OS. However, when I try to install all updates downloaded from Windows Update there is one that simply won't install. That is Windows 10 cumulative update x64 (KB3172985). No errors,
    no messages, it downloads until a certain point and asks for a reboot. After the reboot, nothing happens. I can only download and continue with the fails. I tried installing it and downloading it manually but that did not help at all. It keeps doing the same
    thing. Any help or suggestion would be appreciated.

Keep in mind that this laptop is new, has no antivirus, no more than 2 or 3 third party software already installed, and it has all drivers installed.

NTripleA, Jul 21, 2016
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

What method are you using to attempt to upgrade with? Windows update, mounted ISO file, USB flash drive, DVD? If it is Windows 10 that you downloaded, where did you download it from?

NavyLCDR, Jul 21, 2016
  5. IronBat Win User
    I'm going through windows update, only found out today that there are other methods, would the ISO or flash drive method be better? Windows update keeps on deleting the downloaded files after reboot.

Thanks for the quick reply

IronBat, Jul 21, 2016
  6. NavyLCDR New Member
    Either way. The mounted ISO file is quicker. Since the Anniversary upgrade is coming out in two weeks anyway, I would not bother with a USB flash drive until it comes out. Doing or attempting the upgrade will not delete the ISO file.

NavyLCDR, Jul 21, 2016
  7. IronBat Win User
    Ok ill try that and get back to you.

IronBat, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 won't continue install after reboot - Similar Threads - won't continue install

2. Windows Won't Finish Installation After Rebooting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Won't Finish Installation After Rebooting: Hello,I am attempting a clean installation of Windows 10 onto a new SSD using a 32GB flash drive and the media creation tool. Only the SSD and flash drive to start the windows setup are plugged in. Everything seems to be working smoothly as I select the unallocated drive to...
  3. Windows Won't Finish Installation After Rebooting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Won't Finish Installation After Rebooting: Hello,I am attempting a clean installation of Windows 10 onto a new SSD using a 32GB flash drive and the media creation tool. Only the SSD and flash drive to start the windows setup are plugged in. Everything seems to be working smoothly as I select the unallocated drive to...
  4. Windows Won't Finish Installation After Rebooting

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Microsoft 10 Continuous Reboot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft 10 Continuous Reboot: Hello, I am having a problem with my Msi PC upon boot up. What I believe to be the problem is the usb drives are causing the pc to enter a continuous reboot cycle upon startup. It will get to the unlock screen. Flash about 3 times on and off from lock screen and black...
  6. Continuous reboots

Continuous reboots: I have a Lenovo Yoga 3rd generation and until the last 2 Windows 10 updates, it worked fine. Since the last 2 updates I am experiencing multiple Blue Screens several times daily and it is quite frustrating. There is no rhyme or reason for it to happen as it occurs at random...
  7. Windows not continuing after installation..

Windows not continuing after installation..: Hi. I am upgrading to Windows 10 from a Windows 7 and when everything installed, updates and everything it restarted, got the loading ring then the screen went black and nothings happening. If someone knows whats the problem please tell me. Thank you!...
  8. PC continues to reboot in a loop after windows update

PC continues to reboot in a loop after windows update: Hi there, I am having issues with my Acer PC after a windows 10 update. PC going into a reboot loop. I can go into the bios using del/f12 keys but have failed to reboot from hard-drive, removal device and usb etc so no avail. PC keeps saying its trying to go back to last...
  9. Windows continually reboots

Windows continually reboots: Good day My P.C. wasn't used for a couple of days about 2 weeks ago due to the Covid 19 Lockdown. When I tried to resume work the P.C. kept on giving me the following message "Your P.C. ran into a problem and needs to restart. We are just collecting some error information...
  10. Clean Windows 10 Install won't reboot after installation

Clean Windows 10 Install won't reboot after installation: So I'm having a weird dilemma that I can't seem to solve. I'm building a new computer specs below and trying to install Windows 10. I downloaded the Media Creation Tool and created a new USB disk to install, plugged into the new computer, and installed Windows. Everything...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 setup wont continue after reboot