Windows 10: Windows 10 won't detect my headset

Discus and support Windows 10 won't detect my headset in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I recently got a new gaming laptop and a headset HyperX CloudX I've tried multiple times reconnecting and installing drivers and installing audio... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Uno Rebustes, Jun 14, 2020.

1. Windows 10 won't detect my headset

I recently got a new gaming laptop and a headset HyperX CloudX I've tried multiple times reconnecting and installing drivers and installing audio drivers but it seems that Windows 10 only detects it as headphones, every time I plug in the headset a notification pops up on the bottom right of my screen and it says "headphones" I try switching it to headset and press ok but when I do this the actual audio won't transfer to my headset when I press ok on the option "headphones" my audio works on my headset. For extra info the laptop I got is the Acer Predator Helios 300 2019 version

Another thing is that it detects it as speakers on my playback devices, but on my recording devices it doesn't detect a headset mic instead it uses the built-in mic instead.

Can anyone help me with this? I would gladly appreciate it

:)

Uno Rebustes, Jun 14, 2020
  2. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue Windows 10 won't detect my headset :p

cadaveca, Jun 14, 2020
  3. tops Win User
    Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

4. Windows 10 won't detect my headset

Headset Mics not detected

Hi Zach,

This issue may have been caused by an outdated driver.

To assist you better, kindly provide us more details by answering the following questions:

• When did you start encountering the issue?
    • Have you made any changes to your computer prior to the issue?
    • Is the headset detected under Device manager?
    Meanwhile, to help resolve your concern, we suggest that you run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter. To do this, follow these steps:

• On the Start menu, type Troubleshooting, and then hit
      Enter.
    • On the left pane, click View all.
    • Select and run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.
    Updating your audio jack driver can help. To update driver in Windows 10, refer to this
    article.

Should you need further assistance, feel free to get back to us.

Monica Cam, Jun 14, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 won't detect my headset

1. Windows 10 won't detect my headset - Similar Threads - won't detect headset

2. Why won't my laptop detect my headset mic?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why won't my laptop detect my headset mic?: I've tried EVERYTHING and it just won't detect it even though it detects it on other devices. It detects the output and when i plug it in it asks "Which device did you plug in?" and lets me choose between "headphone" or "speaker out" but no "microphone" option. Along with...
  3. Why won't my laptop detect my headset mic?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why won't my laptop detect my headset mic?: I've tried EVERYTHING and it just won't detect it even though it detects it on other devices. It detects the output and when i plug it in it asks "Which device did you plug in?" and lets me choose between "headphone" or "speaker out" but no "microphone" option. Along with...
  4. Windows won't detect my bluetooth headset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows won't detect my bluetooth headset: I've tried every thing I could find on the internet as to fix my problem of my laptop not able to detect any bluetooth device including my headphones. What do I do?...
  5. Windows won't detect my bluetooth headset

Windows won't detect my bluetooth headset: I've tried every thing I could find on the internet as to fix my problem of my laptop not able to detect any bluetooth device including my headphones. What do I do?...
  6. USB 2.0 HEADSET Windows won't detect

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB 2.0 HEADSET Windows won't detect: So I've been up for 2 day's since I bought a headset HP H360G I tried it for a couple of minute windows registered it it worked for like 10 minute but after that it suddenly disappeared I tried updating drivers uninstalling them so on and on I have lost count on how much I've...
  7. USB 2.0 HEADSET Windows won't detect

USB 2.0 HEADSET Windows won't detect: So I've been up for 2 day's since I bought a headset HP H360G I tried it for a couple of minute windows registered it it worked for like 10 minute but after that it suddenly disappeared I tried updating drivers uninstalling them so on and on I have lost count on how much I've...
  8. USB 2.0 HEADSET Windows won't detect

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. My device won't detect a single headset mic

My device won't detect a single headset mic: Every headset I've plugged into my laptop has had a mic, and that mic does not show up in device manager, or anywhere else in settings. The only thing there is the default Realtek speaker and mic. I've looked at other forum posts as well and nothing's working. I know the...
  10. Windows 10 Headset detection

Windows 10 Headset detection: I know questions like this have been asked a million times but nothing helps. I have an Acer Predator Helios 300 running Windows 10 Home. When I plug in my headset the audio plays through like normal but it doesn't recognize there is something plugged in and settings says...