Windows 10: Windows 10 won't detect my microphone on my Sony headphones

Discus and support Windows 10 won't detect my microphone on my Sony headphones in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; They used to work just fine on my laptop, but now it doesn't even say that there's a microphone other than the one on my laptop. I keep seeing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Dyford2, Feb 12, 2019.

1. Dyford2 Win User

Windows 10 won't detect my microphone on my Sony headphones

They used to work just fine on my laptop, but now it doesn't even say that there's a microphone other than the one on my laptop. I keep seeing solutions to other problems saying to go into device settings and tweak things from there, but I can't do that, for obvious reasons. Privacy settings didn't change anything, either.

For context, it works fine with my PS4 controllers. I can use the voice commands on my PS4 perfectly, it just won't show up on the laptop.

It's not a problem with the jack, either. I've had the same laptop for a few years now, and I used the microphone on Discord multiple times while also listening to what people were saying.

Any advice would be much appreciated

:)

Dyford2, Feb 12, 2019
  2. DylanVo Win User

Windows detects headphones, but not the microphone on it?

Hello! I am running Windows 10 on an iMac using the bootcamp feature. As I have stated in the title, my computer detects the headphones but not the microphone on it. When I restart in mac OS, it detects the microphone and everything perfectly, but on windows
    it doesn't even show up. I really do not wish to go back to mac OS because of how slow it is. Help?

DylanVo, Feb 12, 2019
  3. Headphones microphone is not working properly on Windows 10.

Hello Oscar,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We regret the inconvenience caused and will assist you in resolving the issue.

Before assisting further, did you check if similar issue persists on connecting another headphones to the PC?

You may be facing the above issue due to disabling the microphone option on your PC. If the option to use microphone is switched
    Off, your microphone will not be getting detected and eventually will not be able to complete the setup wizard on the PC. The above issue may also occur due to the non-updated headphone drivers installed in the PC.

Method 1: Follow the steps below to check if the option to use microphone is enabled on your PC.

• Press Windows logo key on the keyboard, type
      Microphone privacy settings and select the top most search result.

• Check if Let apps use my microphone option is switched to
      On status. If not, slide the bar to On status and check if the changes are effective.

Method 2: Check if similar issue persists on connecting another headphones to the computer. If the headphone works fine on other PC’s,
    update the headphone drivers manually from Device manager by following the steps below:

• Press Windows logo + X keys on the keyboard select
      Device Manager from the options.

• Expand Audio inputs and outputs option and check if the headphone drivers are visible in the window.

• Right-click on the headphone driver and select
      Update this software option.

• Follow the on-screen instructions and wait for the update to complete.

• Close the window after the update is complete and check if the changes are effective.

If the issue persists, download and install the latest and most compatible driver from the device manufacturer’s website and check if the issue is resolved.

Write to us with the status of the issue on the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Feb 12, 2019
  4. SupaCrow Win User

Headphone with built in microphone uses as Microphone, not Headphone

Okay, so I have an Asus laptop with Windows 10. I am using an Ultimate Ears Headphone with built in microphone. The problem is that i want to use the headphone part, but all the the laptop registers is the microphone.
    Windows 10 won't detect my microphone on my Sony headphones [​IMG]

How can I change this, as i cannot watch videos without disturbing others.

SupaCrow, Feb 12, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 won't detect my microphone on my Sony headphones - Similar Threads - won't detect microphone

2. My microphone is being detected as headphones

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My microphone is being detected as headphones: Hello! I try to connect my Bower microphone from Bower's Vlogger Pro Kit to my Windows 10 laptop. It doesn't show up in the Device Manager and I can't control any of its properties. When I try to play audio while the microphone is plugged in, it seems that Windows is trying...
  3. My microphone is being detected as headphones

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My microphone is being detected as headphones: Hello! I try to connect my Bower microphone from Bower's Vlogger Pro Kit to my Windows 10 laptop. It doesn't show up in the Device Manager and I can't control any of its properties. When I try to play audio while the microphone is plugged in, it seems that Windows is trying...
  4. My microphone is being detected as headphones

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. My microphone detects audio from my headphones

in Windows 10 Customization
    My microphone detects audio from my headphones: I have no idea how to fix it, googled everything , still no answer, no its not "Listen to this device" problem, so please someone help me if they have an idea what could fix it....
  6. My PC Won't Detect My Microphone

My PC Won't Detect My Microphone: I have a Corsair headset, the product name given on the headset is "Analog Headset" and the model name is "RDA0002". When I plug it into the audio jack on my laptop detects the headset and outputs audio fine however It doesn't even detect the Microphone, even when I select...
  7. won't detect that my headphones are plugged in

won't detect that my headphones are plugged in: my dell laptop won't detect that headphones are plugged in. it used to work but now it doesn't. I've tried to update my drivers but there are no updates available. I've tried all the methods they say online but they don't work either as my headphones just aren't detected and...
  8. Help my headphones microphone is not getting detected

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help my headphones microphone is not getting detected: I recently bought some new headphones and I wanted to use the microphone on my laptop. It's supposed to work but when I go to device manager it doesn't detect microphone at all. The microphone works properly on my Nintendo switch so I know its not broken. I've tried many...
  9. Windows 1903 Won't Detect My Microphone

Windows 1903 Won't Detect My Microphone: I updated to Windows 1903 last night and today my computer is not detecting my headset's microphone. Before this update I have had no issues like this and I have no idea what to do. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling my drivers and everything I find online tells you what...
  10. Microphone on Headphones Not Detected (Windows 10)

Microphone on Headphones Not Detected (Windows 10): I have the Astro A10 Headphones, which come with a microphone. I have done a couple things to try and find the microphone, but it does not show up anywhere, as if the headphones don't have a microphone at all. I've tried looking in the Recording tab of Sound on the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 bluetooth microphone bootcamp not detected www.windowsphoneinfo.com

2. Windows 10 wont detect my microphone on my Sony headphones