Windows 10: Windows 10 won't detect my microphone on my Sony headphones

Discus and support Windows 10 won't detect my microphone on my Sony headphones in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; They used to work just fine on my laptop, but now it doesn't even say that there's a microphone other than the one on my laptop. I keep seeing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Dyford2, Feb 12, 2019 at 12:33 PM.

1. Dyford2 Win User

Windows 10 won't detect my microphone on my Sony headphones

They used to work just fine on my laptop, but now it doesn't even say that there's a microphone other than the one on my laptop. I keep seeing solutions to other problems saying to go into device settings and tweak things from there, but I can't do that, for obvious reasons. Privacy settings didn't change anything, either.

For context, it works fine with my PS4 controllers. I can use the voice commands on my PS4 perfectly, it just won't show up on the laptop.

It's not a problem with the jack, either. I've had the same laptop for a few years now, and I used the microphone on Discord multiple times while also listening to what people were saying.

Any advice would be much appreciated

:)

2. DylanVo Win User

Windows detects headphones, but not the microphone on it?

Hello! I am running Windows 10 on an iMac using the bootcamp feature. As I have stated in the title, my computer detects the headphones but not the microphone on it. When I restart in mac OS, it detects the microphone and everything perfectly, but on windows
    it doesn't even show up. I really do not wish to go back to mac OS because of how slow it is. Help?

3. Headphones microphone is not working properly on Windows 10.

Hello Oscar,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We regret the inconvenience caused and will assist you in resolving the issue.

Before assisting further, did you check if similar issue persists on connecting another headphones to the PC?

You may be facing the above issue due to disabling the microphone option on your PC. If the option to use microphone is switched
    Off, your microphone will not be getting detected and eventually will not be able to complete the setup wizard on the PC. The above issue may also occur due to the non-updated headphone drivers installed in the PC.

Method 1: Follow the steps below to check if the option to use microphone is enabled on your PC.

• Press Windows logo key on the keyboard, type
      Microphone privacy settings and select the top most search result.

• Check if Let apps use my microphone option is switched to
      On status. If not, slide the bar to On status and check if the changes are effective.

Method 2: Check if similar issue persists on connecting another headphones to the computer. If the headphone works fine on other PC’s,
    update the headphone drivers manually from Device manager by following the steps below:

• Press Windows logo + X keys on the keyboard select
      Device Manager from the options.

• Expand Audio inputs and outputs option and check if the headphone drivers are visible in the window.

• Right-click on the headphone driver and select
      Update this software option.

• Follow the on-screen instructions and wait for the update to complete.

• Close the window after the update is complete and check if the changes are effective.

If the issue persists, download and install the latest and most compatible driver from the device manufacturer’s website and check if the issue is resolved.

Write to us with the status of the issue on the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

4. SupaCrow Win User

Headphone with built in microphone uses as Microphone, not Headphone

Okay, so I have an Asus laptop with Windows 10. I am using an Ultimate Ears Headphone with built in microphone. The problem is that i want to use the headphone part, but all the the laptop registers is the microphone.
    Windows 10 won't detect my microphone on my Sony headphones [​IMG]

How can I change this, as i cannot watch videos without disturbing others.

Thema:

1. Windows 10 won't detect my microphone on my Sony headphones - Similar Threads - won't detect microphone

2. Windows detects headphones, but not the microphone on it?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows detects headphones, but not the microphone on it?: Hello! I am running Windows 10 on an iMac using the bootcamp feature. As I have stated in the title, my computer detects the headphones but not the microphone on it. When I restart in mac OS, it detects the microphone and everything perfectly, but on windows it doesn't even...
  3. Can't use the microphone included with my headphones?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't use the microphone included with my headphones?: Hi. I'm on a new-ish dell laptop (windows 10), and whenver I plug in headphones (audiojack) that have a microphone, the mic is never detected by the computer. I've never had this issue with other computers (Mac). I don't know what else to say other than that I've looked...
  4. My headphones microphone isnt recognized

My headphones microphone isnt recognized: When I plugged in my new headphones they were working fine but the microphone wasn't working and its still dont working I tried to see if the problem was in the head phones but the microphone worked completly fine on my phone i have downloaded all the windows updates from...
  5. My microphone won't work

My microphone won't work: I can't get my microphone to work. I am using Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-microphone-wont-work/7f76e53b-f55d-4fe0-a1a9-8076f9e22f82
  6. Windows 10 isn't detecting my headphones.

Windows 10 isn't detecting my headphones.: So, my headphones had been fine for a while. But, after I did a reset on my pc, they randomly stopped working. I'm fairly certain it doesn't have anything to do with the drivers, since it only happened right after I reset my PC. Anyways, they literally just don't show up in...
  7. Windows can't detect my external microphone

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows can't detect my external microphone: I have a Lenovo Yoga 520 but I didn't like the built in mic for the purpose that I want to use it for so I bought an external mic, but windows can't detect my external mic. Does anyone have any suggestions? I think I tried everything....
  8. Windows 10 not detecting my bluetooth headphone

Windows 10 not detecting my bluetooth headphone: Using windows 10 64bit the device name is not showing in "add a device" option Im using Jabra elite 250E wireless Bluetooth headset laptop is Lenovo ideapad 330s...
  9. My Windows 10 does not detect microphone plugged in, Lenovo

My Windows 10 does not detect microphone plugged in, Lenovo: Hi, I have new Lenovo P51 with Windows 10. I see this as an ongoing issue with many other users and it seems like Microsoft bug , when you plug your headset in the jack, windows never detects that headset in recording or playback devices, though it works fine for sound but...
  10. PC won't detect headphones

PC won't detect headphones: I have tried both front and rear inputs and still no success. My PC won't recognize my headphones being plugged in. They're headphones with a USB and 2 jacks (speakers and mic), and when plugged in the green light is active on the headphones showing their working/have power....