Windows 10: Windows 10 wont detect new hardware for Activation

Discus and support Windows 10 wont detect new hardware for Activation in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I recently swapped to a new motherboard. When I booted into Windows I noticed my copy wasn't activated. When I went to the activation Troubleshooter to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Brandon4535, Jan 17, 2019.

1. Windows 10 wont detect new hardware for Activation

I recently swapped to a new motherboard. When I booted into Windows I noticed my copy wasn't activated. When I went to the activation Troubleshooter to change the hardware it was activated on, I noticed it wasn't detecting my new hardware. My old Motherboard was by MSI, my new one is by ASUS.

:)

Brandon4535, Jan 17, 2019

2. Windows 10 wont "Activate" after hardware upgrade

Hi, fcp4life,

Follow the steps listed in this Support Doc.

Reactivating Windows 10 after a hardware change

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/20530/...

If you made a significant hardware change to your device (such as replacing the motherboard), Windows 10 might no longer be activated and you might see the activation error codes 0x803f7001 or 0xC004C008.

If your Original Hardware Manufacturer (OEM) changed the motherboard for you, your PC should reactivate automatically or you should be provided with a replacement product key. If you see the Activation error “Unable to reach Windows activation servers,” then
    follow the steps in this additional help article.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12440/...

Smittychat., Jan 17, 2019
  3. 95Viper Win User
    Windows 10 Activation (Insider)

How long did you wait for activation?
    When I re-installed with a fresh install... it took a few hours to sync and activate.
    However, it did, finally, activate.

95Viper, Jan 17, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 wont detect new hardware for Activation

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 17, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 wont detect new hardware for Activation

1. Windows 10 wont detect new hardware for Activation - Similar Threads - wont detect hardware

2. Windows 10 activation on new hardware

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 activation on new hardware: I have a digital licence of Windows 10 Pro on my old laptop (that is practically unusable) which I linked to my MS account. However, when I try to reactivate it on my new laptop it says that it can't find any devices that my account is linked to and doesn't list the laptop...
  3. Windows 10 activation on new hardware

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 activation on new hardware: I have a digital licence of Windows 10 Pro on my old laptop that is practically unusable which I linked to my MS account. However, when I try to reactivate it on my new laptop it says that it can't find any devices that my account is linked to and doesn't list the laptop...
  4. Activating windows 10 on new hardware

Activating windows 10 on new hardware: I took advantage of the free upgrade to Win10 from Win 8.1 many years ago on my aging Core2 system. Recently my Core2 motherboard failed. The board will no longer post, so I got a new board, ram and cpu. I was hoping to use my current Win10 instillation in the new hardware,...
  5. WIndows 10 activation on new hardware

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    WIndows 10 activation on new hardware: I've upgraded my hardware today and I've moved my SSD and HDD to the new PC to skip the reinstalation process. I've upgraded to windows 10 for free some 5 or 6 years ago while I had windows 8.1 installed. Now I have been prompted to activate my windows. I am aware that the...
  6. Windows 10 activation on new hardware

Windows 10 activation on new hardware: Hi all I have purchased win10 long time ago and about a month ago my PC gave up so I had to build new one motherboard, CPU, etc I have installed win10 and later a realized that I have mesage that it is not activated. I have run the troubledhooter, no help. logged in to my...
  7. Windows 10 digital license wont activate on new hardware

Windows 10 digital license wont activate on new hardware: Howdy! So I just got a new macbook pro with bootcamp. On my old macbook pro with bootcamp i purchased windows 10 home digitaly, and it is now supposed to be linked to my account. However I cant get it to activate on my new macbook. I get Error code 0xC004F213 I...
  8. Activating Windows 10 on New Hardware

Activating Windows 10 on New Hardware: Hi All, I have an upgraded Windows 10 i.e. Windows 8 to Windows 10. I installed it on my PC 2 Years ago and I upgraded my CPU and Motherboard Recently. I still use the same SSD which I had my windows installation on. When I try to activate Windows It says I need to...
  9. Windows 10 Activation on new Hardware

Windows 10 Activation on new Hardware: I have a relatively old laptop that is running on Windows 10 and I recently bought a new PC. Since I have already Windows 10 installed in my old laptop,I migrated the drive that contains the OS from my old laptop into the new drive that I bought together with my new PC....
  10. Windows 10 Activation on New Hardware

Windows 10 Activation on New Hardware: As my Windows 10 key is linked to my MS account, will I encounter any issues trying to activate it - with the same key - on my new hardware? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-activation-on-new-hardware/704ca20c-ff59-48a8-824a-560b9f914860"

Users found this page by searching for:

1. detect new hardware windows 10

2. detect hardware windows 10

3. detect new hardware

4. new hardware detection windows 10,
  5. detect new hardware win 10,
  6. windows detects new hardware,
  7. detect new hardware in windows 10,
  8. new hardware windows 10 activation,
  9. detect new hardware win10,
  10. new motherboard doesnt show up in windows activation,
  11. new hardware detected,