Windows 10: Windows 10 wont detect other displays

Discus and support Windows 10 wont detect other displays in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I've got windows 10 version 1909. Whenever i use detect display from the windows 10 display settings, or from the intel command center, it never... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by shadowboss258, Jun 6, 2020.

1. Windows 10 wont detect other displays

I've got windows 10 version 1909.
    Whenever i use detect display from the windows 10 display settings, or from the intel command center, it never detects other displays (i've connected several TVs and monitors via HDMI).
    I used to be able to use the NVIDIA control panel when i had the GTX 1070 working to find other displays, but when that broke, my display defaulted to the intel HD Graphics 630 card and even with my RTX 2080 plugged in via my external GPU runner, NVIDIA control panel will no longer open because my display wont use the RTX. So i've got to find a way to connect an external monitor so i can open up NVIDIA control panel to mess with some settings, but windows 10 wont detect any monitor i plug into it.
    Every time i plug in an HDMI, i make sure its secure, i try several HDMIs in case its a problem with the cord. I'm at my wits end. please somebody help.

:)

shadowboss258, Jun 6, 2020

2. Laptop display does not detect itself

Hi,

In regards to your concern, since the second screen can't detect the display settings of your other laptop, we suggest that you perform the steps below and see if it helps:

• Go to Settings.
    • Click on System.
    • Under System, choose Display.
    • Under Multiple displays, click on Duplicate these displays and apply.
    Let us know the details so we could further help.

Acelyn Alc, Jun 6, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 6, 2020
  4. BetsyLC Win User

Windows 10 wont detect other displays

Windows 10 upgrade to 1709 does not detect my other display.

Is there a fix? And is it possible to stop the force feeding of the 1709 build?

Windows 10 upgrade to 1709 does not detect my other display. I have tried every suggestion listed here to no avail. Including installing KB4057291. Going back to the prior build again. NVidia graphics card not listed as display adaptor because it will not
    recognize my 2nd display. Yet once i go back my 2nd display and screen settings come back

BetsyLC, Jun 6, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 wont detect other displays

1. Windows 10 wont detect other displays - Similar Threads - wont detect displays

2. windows 10 wont detect my headset mic

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows 10 wont detect my headset mic: i recently bought a razer blackshark v2 x headset, and unfortunately the mic does NOT work, it doesnt detect the headset mic, instead it keeps using the built in pc mic. i have an a acer nitro AN515-55 if that helps in anything...
  3. not detecting displays

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    not detecting displays: windows 10 does not detect external monitors https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-detecting-displays/a83fae48-30eb-4fdf-8e5b-f5d97bd2958f
  4. not detecting displays

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    not detecting displays: windows 10 does not detect external monitors https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-detecting-displays/a83fae48-30eb-4fdf-8e5b-f5d97bd2958f
  5. not detecting displays

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. buying windows 10 for a new pc and it wont detect.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    buying windows 10 for a new pc and it wont detect.: I recently built a new pc and wanted to install windows 10 on it. I bought a windows 10 license for 100 dollars on my old laptop intending to put that license on the new pc. after some fenagling i was able to boot my new pc into an unactuated version of windows 10 before...
  7. Windows 10 wont detect the 2010 update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 wont detect the 2010 update: Even thought the 2010 update was release each time i try to check for updates it tells me i am up to date even tough i am with the 2004 update submitted by /u/Gonger08 [link] [comments]...
  8. Windows 10 can't detect Goji Bluetooth headphones but detects others

Windows 10 can't detect Goji Bluetooth headphones but detects others: As per the title, I'm trying to figure out why. My windows 10 PC works well with Bluetooth, connects to other headphones fine. But when I try these:...
  9. Windows 10 wont Detect the window.

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 wont Detect the window.: Windows 10 wont Detect the window. Stuck at the black screen with gray or white this - keep flashing in the right corner.i will upload video or picture. [img] . Please help me guys. Thanks in advance. 153141
  10. Windows 10 wont detect headphones?

Windows 10 wont detect headphones?: I plugged in my headphones and nothing happens, it doesnt even show up in playback. What should I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-wont-detect-headphones/cefb2ab0-086b-43f9-9a93-a8a55dffc9b9